timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Anyone able to mod me a Seiko

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    526

    Anyone able to mod me a Seiko

    Ive seen quite a few of these modded SKXís on Pinterest. Iím fancying the modded bezel and ceramic insert and the domed purple hue crystal. Is there anyone on here that can do the job and an idea on price



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    264
    Looks stunning. I'd also be interested in knowing.

    Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    Ive seen quite a few of these modded SKXís on Pinterest. Iím fancying the modded bezel and ceramic insert and the domed purple hue crystal. Is there anyone on here that can do the job and an idea on price



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you ever get a reply to this? That mod in your picture is beautiful, I really like some of the SNK809 mods as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    526
    Iím just chatting with a guy on here who has volunteered his services.

  5. #5
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    34
    Iíve just had a SKX009 modded by Tunokies on Facebook (Jason is his real name) I would highly recommend his work. Heís a real enthusiast, can help with sourcing parts directly to him and will even tell you if what youíve picked will work together. Also offers movement changes including hacking function, etc.

    Look him up on Facebook. Iíll try and post photos of his work later, or indeed his page has loads of previous work. Look out for mine, itís the one taken underneath a helicopter 😎

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Birmingham , UK
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by jenksruss View Post
    Iíve just had a SKX009 modded by Tunokies on Facebook (Jason is his real name) I would highly recommend his work. Heís a real enthusiast, can help with sourcing parts directly to him and will even tell you if what youíve picked will work together. Also offers movement changes including hacking function, etc.

    Look him up on Facebook. Iíll try and post photos of his work later, or indeed his page has loads of previous work. Look out for mine, itís the one taken underneath a helicopter
    What did you have done and what was the price?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    34
    I had the watch already but didnít like the chrome looking stainless steel so decided to change quite a bit actually for asthetic reasons and to be more useful at work too. Jason also talked me into the hacking movement which again makes total sense for work.

    In the end I changed the movement, crown, sapphire crystal, chapter ring, bezel insert, bezel and hour/minute hands (kept the seconds hand) Very nearly the complete watch I know but as it was a milestone birthday present I wanted to keep some of it.

    Oh, he tested it on a new strap too so I bought that as it looked so good in the photos he sent.

    £350 all in with parts (which Jason ordered from 4 different retailers), labour and pressure testing.

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by jenksruss View Post
    I had the watch already but didnít like the chrome looking stainless steel so decided to change quite a bit actually for asthetic reasons and to be more useful at work too. Jason also talked me into the hacking movement which again makes total sense for work.

    In the end I changed the movement, crown, sapphire crystal, chapter ring, bezel insert, bezel and hour/minute hands (kept the seconds hand) Very nearly the complete watch I know but as it was a milestone birthday present I wanted to keep some of it.

    Oh, he tested it on a new strap too so I bought that as it looked so good in the photos he sent.

    £350 all in with parts (which Jason ordered from 4 different retailers), labour and pressure testing.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to pictures!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    34


    Last edited by jenksruss; 16th April 2018 at 17:21.

  10. #10
    Master subseastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ashby, uk
    Posts
    1,026
    ^ Cool watch, cool pics and cool job swinging about under a helo

  11. #11
    Craftsman canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    389
    Very nice mod and love the shots ! Perhaps one of the best Iíve seen in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  12. #12
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    34
    Thanks, that means a lot coming from this forum. I love it, it's always a gamble ordering from a parts site online but came together better than planned. I wear it for everything, work, surfing and everyday use.

    Just getting back to the thread...I can't recommend Tunokies enough, great guy, clearly loves what he does and his work speaks for itself. Great list of suppliers on his Facebook page too, you'll just need to scroll down for a while:

    www.facebook.com/tunokies/

    I found him here, among lots of other approved modders, while looking for parts on the DLW site:

    https://www.dlwwatches.com/pages/con...ation-services

    I found my lumed bezel insert here:

    https://lcbistore.com/

  13. #13
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bristol/London
    Posts
    3
    That's really nice!

    I'm currently in discussion with Jason about a black/gold FFF. Will post up some pics when I finally get it

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by jenksruss View Post
    Iíve just had a SKX009 modded by Tunokies on Facebook (Jason is his real name) I would highly recommend his work. Heís a real enthusiast, can help with sourcing parts directly to him and will even tell you if what youíve picked will work together. Also offers movement changes including hacking function, etc.

    Look him up on Facebook. Iíll try and post photos of his work later, or indeed his page has loads of previous work. Look out for mine, itís the one taken underneath a helicopter 
    Just picked up on this. I will look him up.thanks

  15. #15
    Just had a new Turtle SRP775K1 modified. Wanted a coin edge bezel, double domed sapphire and ceramic insert fitted.






    Watchmaker's feedback said it passed pressure test to 11bar. Also checked movement on his timegrapher. Said it was running great. Well within specs and has good low beat error and high amplitude.



    These images are from the watchmakers report.



    No affiliation and I wouldn't normally say much, but I was so impressed I wanted to give credit to Paul's fantastic service. Brilliant communication and fast turnaround. After several quotes it was also a great price.

    Highly recommended Paul McDonald at Tempus Watch Mods

    tempuswatchmods@gmail.com

    https://www.facebook.com/TempusWatchMods/

  16. #16
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Zadar, Croatia
    Posts
    14
    I had great experience buying from Rob (Robokies or monsterwatches) from Netherlands, I heard he is a great modder as well. Also have one new SKX sub mod with ceramic insert, etc that I am selling through other forums (still new here)

    Regards

    Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    9,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerokit View Post
    That's really nice!

    I'm currently in discussion with Jason about a black/gold FFF. Will post up some pics when I finally get it
    Did you do this?

    I've got a silver/black one and have bought the mod parts to do a blue one again (now a more appropriate bezel insert is available), but I've always fancied doing a gold one too!

    Doing the mods yourself isn't hard, you just need a steady hand, good magnification, some basic tools (from eBay is enough - unless you're planning to mod a GS! ) and patience.

    It's very rewarding, too!

    M
    Last edited by snowman; 5th July 2018 at 10:45.

  18. #18
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Zadar, Croatia
    Posts
    14
    Did you manage to find someone or did you learn by yourself?

    Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by fornowagain View Post
    Just had a new Turtle SRP775K1 modified. Wanted a coin edge bezel, double domed sapphire and ceramic insert fitted.






    Watchmaker's feedback said it passed pressure test to 11bar. Also checked movement on his timegrapher. Said it was running great. Well within specs and has good low beat error and high amplitude.



    These images are from the watchmakers report.



    No affiliation and I wouldn't normally say much, but I was so impressed I wanted to give credit to Paul's fantastic service. Brilliant communication and fast turnaround. After several quotes it was also a great price.

    Highly recommended Paul McDonald at Tempus Watch Mods

    tempuswatchmods@gmail.com

    https://www.facebook.com/TempusWatchMods/

    love the look of that , what was the labour charge for all this work ? ( if you done mind me asking)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •