closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 523

Thread: Show us your Grand Seikos THREAD

  1. #201
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,081
    Could this be the end for me?



    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

  2. #202
    I didn't realise they put lume on such models! May I ask what ref. that is?

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Could this be the end for me?

    Looks more like the start of a wonderful new relationship.

  4. #204
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I didn't realise they put lume on such models! May I ask what ref. that is?
    This is the SBGA041. Just arrived from Japan. I only found out recently that some GS Spring Drives have lume and I think there are only three outside of the GMT/Divers range.
    1) SBGA005 - limited edition of 300 pieces with a lovely green dial etched with conifer trees
    2) SBGA041 - this one. Its a master shop limited piece (so only available in Japan) but still widely available from what I see - in fact, there's a brand new one on watchfinder now!
    3) SBGA101 - this is also a black on black dial, but the lume plots are outside the markers so not as bright as the SBGA041.

    The finishing is as you expect from a Grand Seiko, just superb. Really happy with it so far, and I think my watch journey will end with this piece.

  5. #205
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Looks more like the start of a wonderful new relationship.
    LOL - I've just had it a few hours, but goodness me its just perfect for me. Titanium so its very light and comfortable, super accurate (hopefully just 2-3 seconds a month), has a date, and has lume!!

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    This is the SBGA041. Just arrived from Japan. I only found out recently that some GS Spring Drives have lume and I think there are only three outside of the GMT/Divers range.
    1) SBGA005 - limited edition of 300 pieces with a lovely green dial etched with conifer trees
    2) SBGA041 - this one. Its a master shop limited piece (so only available in Japan) but still widely available from what I see - in fact, there's a brand new one on watchfinder now!
    3) SBGA101 - this is also a black on black dial, but the lume plots are outside the markers so not as bright as the SBGA041.

    The finishing is as you expect from a Grand Seiko, just superb. Really happy with it so far, and I think my watch journey will end with this piece.
    Just had a look at those three online, and your choice wins hands down for me. It's titanium, so beats the 101 in terms of feel and being rather unusual, and beats the 005 as yours can't only be worn at Christmas (those pine trees just look a bit too cartoony for me!).

    Edit: actually is it titanium? Seeing conflicting info on the SBGA041
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 30th April 2018 at 17:23.

  7. #207
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,081
    Agreed Hugh, it's what made me shift all my other GS watches to get this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    actually is it titanium? Seeing conflicting info on the SBGA041
    Yes can 100% confirm it's titanium. So just like the snowflake, and the SBGA109 I sold recently.

    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Agreed Hugh, it's what made me shift all my other GS watches to get this one.



    Yes can 100% confirm it's titanium. So just like the snowflake, and the SBGA109 I sold recently.

    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk
    Good to hear. WF have it as steel! They're quite new to stocking GS though, so likely a rookie error.

  9. #209
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman at heart
    Posts
    1,541
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    It's striking to me how much these up-to-date designs from GS echo the original design of the first , manual wind, designs in the early sixties. Grand Seiko have been true to their heritage. This recent re-issue, 253, is slightly larger at 38mm, but otherwise a very close clone of the sixties watch. It shows how 'classic',the basic design language is. Beautifully slim lugs; that's the way to do it.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is my 1963 Seikomatic Self Dater. 39 Jewels! Precursor of the Grand Seiko


  10. #210
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    SBGA041 - this one. Its a master shop limited piece (so only available in Japan) but still widely available from what I see - in fact, there's a brand new one on watchfinder now!
    Interesting, does Master Shop mean the model is Japan domestic only in every case? Lovely watch btw

  11. #211
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Interesting, does Master Shop mean the model is Japan domestic only in every case? Lovely watch btw
    I read somewhere that there are 140 Master Shops in Japan (mostly upmarket jewellery stores, speciality boutiques, department stores) which sell exclusive models. But then again, I understand the GS boutique in London also has unique models too - maybe all GS boutiques globally are designated master shops too?

    In any case, I could only find this watch for sale in Japan.. that is until watchfinder posted one up.

    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

  12. #212
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    1,743
    Ah ok, interesting, I asked because I am after a GS SBGC201 Chrono which is a Master Shop model but I am pretty sure I have seen it FS outside of Japan.

    Cheers

  13. #213
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Looks more like the start of a wonderful new relationship.

  14. #214
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Could this be the end for me?



    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk
    You now have one with the lume you wanted, and a beautiful one too. Time will tell if its a keeper.
    Last edited by PhilipJI; 1st May 2018 at 11:12.

  15. #215
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    My SBGT241G!
    Fabulous watch looks great... in fact I just posted a thread about buying one of these could you please let me know where you got it?

    Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

  16. #216
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Fabulous watch looks great... in fact I just posted a thread about buying one of these could you please let me know where you got it?

    Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Cheers!
    Lucky enough to buy it from here.

  17. #217
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    My SBGT241G!
    That is a stunning watch.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Could this be the end for me?



    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk
    Wow that is a lovely timepiece! Congrats

  19. #219
    Master Jardine32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    1,051
    I couldn't agree more!
    JIMG_20180512_085533.jpg

  20. #220
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardine32 View Post
    I couldn't agree more!
    JIMG_20180512_085533.jpg
    Congrats on bagging that! Take it you bought it off Watchfinder?

    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

  21. #221
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    1,743
    My latest GS, posted in watches in sunshine but a good pic for this thread too. I cannot stop looking at, the quality is exquisite

    gsun3 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

  22. #222
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    My latest GS, posted in watches in sunshine but a good pic for this thread too. I cannot stop looking at, the quality is exquisite

    gsun3 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr
    Very jealous! Looks fantastic. How does it feel with it being titanium?

  23. #223
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    1,743
    It is a large watch at 44mm and feels quite hefty but well balanced. The lugs curve nicely and it sits on the wrist well, it is very ergonomically designed. Feels much like a 40mm Sub really. I cannot parise it enough, the dial and the titanium hands in particular are works of art like all GS. The titanium gives it that cool gray look which I just find so classy.
    Last edited by mondie; 12th May 2018 at 23:07.

  24. #224
    Master Jardine32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Congrats on bagging that! Take it you bought it off Watchfinder?

    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk
    Yes, it ticked a number of boxes for me. I wanted to try a GS and spring drive. Also fancied a titanium piece. Have to say I am really smitten with it.
    J

  25. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Could this be the end for me?



    Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk
    That's so good. With the older, nicer Seiko logo too.




  26. #226
    Grand Master andrewcregan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Highlands, Scotland
    Posts
    10,891

    Show us your Grand Seikos THREAD



    My Snowflake meets crushed ice at cocktail o’clock.
    Last edited by andrewcregan; 7th June 2018 at 22:08.

  27. #227
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,937


    Compact and dressy quartz number being modelled by me this a.m. ;-)

    Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

  28. #228
    Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by quietly View Post
    That's so good. With the older, nicer Seiko logo too.



    I would never have even considered that kind of strap on my gmt. What brand is it?

  29. #229
    Master Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Teesside/Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,985
    I became a member of the GS Owners' Club today, thanks to an answered WTB.

    Here's my SBGR061.

    Last edited by Tony; 5th June 2018 at 18:31.

  30. #230

  31. #231
    Master Jardine32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I became a member of the GS Owners' Club today, thanks to an answered WTB.

    Here's my SBGR061.

    That's a lovely cream dial. Can't beat the elegance of GS. Welcome to the club.
    J

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

  32. #232
    Master mindforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Great choice, beautiful watch, lots of ice details like the dial and the gold star. Also I like the beads of rice bracelet, on the hunt for one for my SBGJ017.

  33. #233

    GS on NATO

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I would never have even considered that kind of strap on my gmt. What brand is it?
    It's a Timefactors nato - one of the older versions. GS look good dressed down - also on a Phoenix nato


  34. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by quietly View Post
    It's a Timefactors nato - one of the older versions. GS look good dressed down - also on a Phoenix nato

    Surprisingly lovely on that!

  35. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Grand Seiko titanium diver picked up at the weekend

    Which is now mine :-), incredibly lucky to own such a beautiful watch with an incredible movement. This is my first 'high end' watch and I can't stop smiling!

  36. #236
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,087
    [/URL][/QUOTE]

    Great pic. I keep coming back to this model as the one Grand Seiko that I would buy if I went for one. A bit dressier than my normal stuff, but great dial and the blue second hand are great.

  37. #237
    Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    [/URL]
    Great pic. I keep coming back to this model as the one Grand Seiko that I would buy if I went for one. A bit dressier than my normal stuff, but great dial and the blue second hand are great.[/QUOTE]

    Yes truly stunning in the flesh too. It’s the gmt hand that’s blue btw

  38. #238
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    1,087
    Going mad. Yes the blue GMT hand !

  39. #239
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Warks
    Posts
    4,834
    I haven't got one, but there is a new blue dialled USA only special edition that looks really rather nice

    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...mited-editions

  40. #240
    Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    6,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    I haven't got one, but there is a new blue dialled USA only special edition that looks really rather nice

    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...mited-editions
    That frosty ice blue:white is stunning. Think it would look better on leather though than the bracelet purely for contrast

  41. #241
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    112
    I'm scared I might catch the GS bug looking through this thread. These are some seriously nice watches!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #242
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bucks, UK
    Posts
    517
    Having never tried a GS before I picked this up last week in the Jura sale and have been debating it for the week, but decided to give it a go...

    Its nice, the design on the case back swung it for me I think...

    Need to sell a few now to pay for it!!





  43. #243
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Warks
    Posts
    4,834
    A few things: not mine, not very nice, very heavy and £50k




  44. #244
    Master MFB Scotland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    5,142
    Blog Entries
    1
    Playing about with my P20 Pro earlier

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  45. #245
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    1,743
    Impressive photos, what settings did you use to get such great close-ups?

  46. #246
    Master MFB Scotland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    5,142
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Impressive photos, what settings did you use to get such great close-ups?
    Just the standard x5 option and a steady hand

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  47. #247
    Master mondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Llandudno (ex Oz)
    Posts
    1,743
    A very steady hand indeed, impressive.

  48. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    A few things: not mine, not very nice, very heavy and £50k



    In what way(s) not nice? Looks eichi-lovely from here :)

  49. #249
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Warks
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    In what way(s) not nice? Looks eichi-lovely from here :)
    Mainly the crystal. It reminded me of Mr magoo's glasses and ruined the rest of the look. It was also quite thick, which is weird since it is a manual wind.

    I much preferred the Eichi II personally



    Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

  50. #250
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    7,321
    Blog Entries
    19

    Here is my GS.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •