Fitted this strap on to my GS.
    Which I think suits it nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does it ever!
    Perfect IMO, congrats

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

^^^^^
    Thanks Stephen.
    They also do a nice blue, which I am considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Fitted this strap on to my GS.
    Looks very good indeed - ruggedly handsome, I'd say.
    What strap is this please?

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    Looks very good indeed - ruggedly handsome, I'd say.
    What strap is this please?
    Sorry for my late reply.

This is the site: https://www.gsandw.co.uk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ref:SLGH003

compass bank near me

Now I just have to wait until February for a spare link to be sent over from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post

compass bank near me

Now I just have to wait until February for a spare link to be sent over from Japan.
    Is this in the London Boutique?

Master
    Blog Entries

compass bank near me

Lovely, picking mine up tomorrow. What are you impressions so far?

Very nice. I handled one of these in Chisholm Hunter yesterday. In pics they look a bit (IMHO) weird. In the metal a different picture - stunning and super lovely finishing. Brushed bezel as well which makes it slightly sportier. They also had the non Hi Beat auto as well (SBGR321) and that was really lovely as well.

If they did the SLGH003 with a 9F Quartz movement I'd be all over that as the red seconds hand ticking precisely would be a feast for the eyes.

compass bank near me

Last edited by ryanb741; 9th December 2020 at 09:24.

Master
    Sorry for my late reply.

Just when you think you've seen every single strap maker..!

Thanks for the link - prices seem very good indeed. A shame they don't offer custom lengths - there's a few there I would try.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Just when you think you've seen every single strap maker..!

Thanks for the link - prices seem very good indeed. A shame they don't offer custom lengths - there's a few there I would try.
    As the Hirsch real alligator straps at Watchobsession start at £159 and the Capitano I have on my old Seiko is now an eye-watering £269, the GS&W alligator straps at £57 do look like a bit of a bargain!

I note though that the company information on the GS&W site is a bit lacking (no company address etc)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Very nice. I handled one of these in Chisholm Hunter yesterday. In pics they look a bit (IMHO) weird. In the metal a different picture - stunning and super lovely finishing. Brushed bezel as well which makes it slightly sportier. They also had the non Hi Beat auto as well (SBGR321) and that was really lovely as well.

If they did the SLGH003 with a 9F Quartz movement I'd be all over that as the red seconds hand ticking precisely would be a feast for the eyes.
    You already have a version that does that (similar enough), it’s a few posts above. the killer part of this model is that new movement, so it needs to be a hi beat with instantaneous date change. Also it will be the only 60th anniversary steel model that has the new movement with the bespoke rotor, which is so much better than anything done before in my opinion (where they do limited edition stamps on the glass). Down side is this is a rather pricey model, sign of things to come I think
    Last edited by Kash; 9th December 2020 at 11:35.

Sorry for my late reply.

Cheers!

Craftsman

Show us your Grand Seikos THREAD

Wrong thread.....
    Last edited by J3w3ll3r; 10th December 2020 at 15:37.

I went to WOS on Regent st yesterday in order to collect a SBGH281.
    Unfortunately they had just put one of these SLGH003 out in the display cabinet and I ended up parting
    with more cash than I’d hoped to.
    However the 003 just feels pure quality- winding the crown feels as smooth as silk - another level to any previous watch I’ve had. Considering the new movement and the stronger looking bracelet I just thought I’d regret getting any other model- it felt a league above in the flesh.
    It’s certainly not bling, most folk won’t give it a second glance -which I like.
    The bracelet looks good and well made/solid, I like the brushed metal no nonsense look, my only criticism is the lack of micro adjustment......
    compared to a Deepsea clasp it’s a poor effort.

But as a whole I love the watch- 100% quality
    It’s the sort of watch you could wear all the time without drawing any attention
    but with the satisfaction of knowing it’s the business.

Master
    That is a thing of beauty. I've just got the Seiko High Beat SLA039, and the sweep second is mesmerising (on a par with my spring drive)
    Lack of micro adjustment always bugs me as well, but at least you have half links, so I guess you'll be able to get it pretty close. Enjoy.

Master
    The bracelet looks good and well made/solid, I like the brushed metal no nonsense look, my only criticism is the lack of micro adjustment......
    Interesting that they've finally made a clasp that closes with a completely flush fitting, which required a slightly wider bracelet. I wonder if this system will gradually spread across the range?

On the micro adjustment, I've found that once a GS has the right combination of half links and the clasp in the right place, you never need to touch it again. But finding that combination in the first place is another thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Interesting that they've finally made a clasp that closes with a completely flush fitting, which required a slightly wider bracelet. I wonder if this system will gradually spread across the range?

On the micro adjustment, I've found that once a GS has the right combination of half links and the clasp in the right place, you never need to touch it again. But finding that combination in the first place is another thing...
    The bracelet on the 003 did immediately look wider and more solid than the bracelets on the other GS models I handled-

Some really nice watches on this thread. I have never considered Grand Seiko but I am tempted. Which AD in London would the forum recommend to see a range of models?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Go to the grand seiko boutique in Knightsbridge (near harrods) they have a large range and great staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Go to the grand seiko boutique in Knightsbridge (near harrods) they have a large range and great staff
    Thanks, will book an appointment.

Being new to Grand Seiko, I am trying to understand the different models in the 60th anniversary line-up. The SBGR321 looks nice, however the SLGH003 with the brushed bezel gives a much more sportier feel. Is the price difference just due to the Hi beat Movement? Is this model readily available ?

Thanks All.

Had another play with the SLGH003 and SBGR321 today. The 003 is such a stunner. Case is magnificent. Dial is superb (may be a bit showy for some as the gold font plus the super wide shiny indices are very sparkly). At the price it is expensive but I genuinely believe not much touches it at that level. It is a bit rich for me at present however if I was going to be a one watch man I cannot think of something I'd rather have as my oen watch.

The SBGR321 is super lovely as well. Quite thick and a more basic movement but the usual GS finishing. Value for money is high. I was able to get 18% off the SBGR321 (limited to 2500 pieces) if I wanted. The discount on the SLGH003? Bugger all. So I'd imagine this piece will hold value nicely

Had another play with the SLGH003 and SBGR321 today. The 003 is such a stunner. Case is magnificent. Dial is superb (may be a bit showy for some as the gold font plus the super wide shiny indices are very sparkly). At the price it is expensive but I genuinely believe not much touches it at that level. It is a bit rich for me at present however if I was going to be a one watch man I cannot think of something I'd rather have as my oen watch.

The SBGR321 is super lovely as well. Quite thick and a more basic movement but the usual GS finishing. Value for money is high. I was able to get 18% off the SBGR321 (limited to 2500 pieces) if I wanted. The discount on the SLGH003? Bugger all. So I'd imagine this piece will hold value nicely
    Thanks for the info. As a first GS, I am tempted to go for the SBGR321. Are discounts readily available? I presume not from the London boutique.

SLGH003

Amazing watch. The best case and bracelet design of all the GS I have owned! Especially the 40mm case 22 lug width ratio. Phenomenal movement and instantaneous date change as well!

Only thing to improve is to erase that silly three o’clock marker. Minute hand reaches chapter ring perfectly, so I don’t see any logical or practical need for it. Exactly like on the Spring Drive version they canceled :(

Titanium would have simply made it the best watch!
    Last edited by Toshk; 5th January 2021 at 23:51.

Just put this blue strap onto my SBGA293G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying some winter sunshine (and celebrating my 2000th post!) with my SBGK005

Last edited by Rocket Man; 23rd January 2021 at 18:11.

Journeyman
    This thread is not helping my trigger happy tendencies lol

New arrival this week and my first Grand Seiko. If we were to do a 'who do you think you are' on this watch we can trace it through Mike, Ryan and Kash back to the Seiko Boutique in London in December 2019.

It is the SBGA405G for those who like model numbers and the Godzilla for those who prefer names.

Although 44.5mm wide, it wears more like a 42mm due to the case shape and the absence of long lugs.

The strap and deployant are really comfortable and as is the Japanese tradition, it is the wrong way round to what most of us are used to. Surprisingly I got used to it really quickly and it is actually better having the strap end on the inside of your wrist (nearer to you) rather than sticking out on the outside.

This watch came with a promotional shop display stand, which I'm assuming Kash managed to get when he bought the watch. It has a middle section with a mirror in it so that you can see the reverse of the Watch. Rather a cool thing really.

The watch is extremely comfortable and the spring drive movement is a superb bit of kit. Reading reviews on other forums it appears to be a marmite watch with plenty of haters, but that's fine, each to their own.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 29th January 2021 at 13:53.

I like marmite. That is spectacular Ken. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I like marmite. That is spectacular Ken. Enjoy!!
    Thank you. The overall build quality and dial in particular is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post

That dial looks superb!

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    New arrival this week and my first Grand Seiko. If we were to do a 'who do you think you are' on this watch we can trace it through Mike, Ryan and Kash back to the Seiko Boutique in London in December 2019.

It is the SBGA405G for those who like model numbers and the Godzilla for those who prefer names.

Reading reviews on other forums it appears to be a marmite watch with plenty of haters, but that's fine, each to their own.
    Glad this one stayed on the forum. Enjoy it!

There aren't too many haters of this model within the GS communities - highly sought after, in fact.

Absolutely love that Ken, by the time I'd grown some minerals and decided to spend £7k+ on 'a Seiko' you'd bought it and good on you!!

If you decide it's not for you please do let me know mate....

Glad this one stayed on the forum. Enjoy it!

There aren't too many haters of this model within the GS communities - highly sought after, in fact.
    Thanks, I think most of the negative comments were at the end of a couple of reviews when people post what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Absolutely love that Ken, by the time I'd grown some minerals and decided to spend £7k+ on 'a Seiko' you'd bought it and good on you!!

If you decide it's not for you please do let me know mate....
    Dangerous comment to make to a serial flipper, but noted

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Although 44.5mm wide, it wears more like a 42mm due to the case shape and the absence of long lugs.

The strap and deployant are really comfortable and as is the Japanese tradition, it is the wrong way round to what most of us are used to. Surprisingly I got used to it really quickly and it is actually better having the strap end on the inside of your wrist (nearer to you) rather than sticking out on the outside.

This watch came with a promotional shop display stand, which I'm assuming Kash managed to get when he bought the watch. It has a middle section with a mirror in it so that you can see the reverse of the Watch. Rather a cool thing really.

The watch is extremely comfortable and the spring drive movement is a superb bit of kit. Reading reviews on other forums it appears to be a marmite watch with plenty of haters, but that's fine, each to their own.
    Ah awesome. I loved this. Case is super cool! Enjoy that, it is a superb watch

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My first Grand Seiko arrive today courtesy of Topcat30093 and I couldn’t be happier.
    It’s the Grand Seiko SGBA293.

Although not your usual fair with a fully polished rounded case and dropped lugs it has other design departures from current GS modes that make this incredibly attractive. I love the domed crystal, which when combined with the amazing cream dial, gives it a vintage feel and charm. Also the flash of red on the elegantly printed power reserve (not recessed into the dial) is reminiscent of the Lange 1815 up/down and just as well done.

It’s a spring drive, which was important for me as part of the Grand Seiko story and it’s accuracy I’m nerdily excited to be checking out. I’m also to looking forward to living with and it being with me for a long time.
    It’s my first Grand Seiko and I have to say that I am not disappointed.
    Thanks again to Tony for his time and easy deal.

Yesterday's watch, SBGH267.

Today's watch, SBGM235.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    SLGH003

Great pic-
    Lovely watch aren’t they......pure quality, feels bombproof .......
    I’m still waiting to wear mine while I wait for extra bracelet links to get posted from Japan!

Looks like this SLGH003 model is out of stock now in the U.K.- glad I pulled the trigger when I did.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdh View Post

Yesterday's watch, SBGH267.

Today's watch, SBGM235.
    What a nice pair

Great pic-
    Lovely watch aren’t they......pure quality, feels bombproof .......
    I’m still waiting to wear mine while I wait for extra bracelet links to get posted from Japan!

Looks like this SLGH003 model is out of stock now in the U.K.- glad I pulled the trigger when I did.
    Best GS case!

I couldn’t get used to the dot at 3 o’clock though... totally pointless. Minute hand reaches chapter ring perfectly fine. No need for this at all.

Luckily the upcoming Spring Drive model doesn’t have it :). Hopefully in Ti too!
    Last edited by Toshk; 2nd February 2021 at 21:21.

I absolutely love this. How long have you had it?

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    I absolutely love this. How long have you had it?
    Thanks, I think it's an amazing and unique watch. I love the domed crystal, the slim case, little details like how the tip of the minute hand is curved at the end to match the curvature of the crystal. Not to mention the Mt. Iwate dial!

I've had it for about a year, I think it's sold out in the UK now unfortunately though. The GS boutique in London told me that they couldn't get them anymore (I was wearing it when I went there last summer).
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 3rd February 2021 at 23:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    SLGH003

Amazing watch. The best case and bracelet design of all the GS I have owned! Especially the 40mm case 22 lug width ratio. Phenomenal movement and instantaneous date change as well!

Only thing to improve is to erase that silly three o’clock marker. Minute hand reaches chapter ring perfectly, so I don’t see any logical or practical need for it. Exactly like on the Spring Drive version they canceled :(

Titanium would have simply made it the best watch!

I think the case back is truly Phenomenal!

Thanks, I think it's an amazing and unique watch. I love the domed crystal, the slim case, little details like how the tip of the minute hand is curved at the end to match the curvature of the crystal. Not to mention the Mt. Iwate dial!

I've had it for about a year, I think it's sold out in the UK now unfortunately though. The GS boutique in London told me that they couldn't get them anymore (I was wearing it when I went there last summer).
    Agree with all of this. It’s a beauty and now on my GS want list...yikes.

Today I’m mostly being disproportionately pleased with the look of this SBGV207 on a nato*. The 44GS case has a slightly less dressy vibe anyway.

*It’s not making my eyes bleed at least.

Apprentice

brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    My first Grand Seiko arrive today courtesy of Topcat30093 and I couldn’t be happier.
    It’s the Grand Seiko SGBA293.

Although not your usual fair with a fully polished rounded case and dropped lugs it has other design departures from current GS modes that make this incredibly attractive. I love the domed crystal, which when combined with the amazing cream dial, gives it a vintage feel and charm. Also the flash of red on the elegantly printed power reserve (not recessed into the dial) is reminiscent of the Lange 1815 up/down and just as well done.

It’s a spring drive, which was important for me as part of the Grand Seiko story and it’s accuracy I’m nerdily excited to be checking out. I’m also to looking forward to living with and it being with me for a long time.
    It’s my first Grand Seiko and I have to say that I am not disappointed.
    Thanks again to Tony for his time and easy deal.
    this watch is very good looking

Master
    Looks perfectly acceptable to me. Good match, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Agree with all of this. It’s a beauty and now on my GS want list...yikes.

Today I’m mostly being disproportionately pleased with the look of this SBGV207 on a nato*. The 44GS case has a slightly less dressy vibe anyway.

*It’s not making my eyes bleed at least.

Master
    Wow. Ordered Tuesday afternoon, arrived today. First time buying from the legend that is Seiya. Impressed.

Wow. Ordered Tuesday afternoon, arrived today. First time buying from the legend that is Seiya. Impressed.

Which model is that? Looks lovely.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk