timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1160

Thread: Show us your Grand Seikos THREAD

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

My latest GS. So hard to take a good pic of this dial but it really is lovely in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Great pick up: That’s my favourite GS. If I had the cash or call for a dressy GMT, I’d be all over one. One of those I’m happy to admire from afar.
    After stalking various GS models for a couple of years it’s the one I kept coming back to.

Possibly the best GS bang for your buck.

Hope this isn’t a rabbit hole!

Journeyman
    SBGK005 is perfect for a smaller wrist like mine. Love some of the sport watch dials but they're sadly just too chunky for me

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

That is a stunner. Sadly not widely available, or cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by wangas View Post
    SBGK005 is perfect for a smaller wrist like mine. Love some of the sport watch dials but they're sadly just too chunky for me

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Beautiful watch and so svelte.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What colour is the dial on that? If it’s grey rather than blue what’s the model number please?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wangas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    What colour is the dial on that? If it’s grey rather than blue what’s the model number please?
    As per the OP, that's the limited edition SBGK005, with a blue Iwate dial. Looks like - as with many Grand Seiko dials - it's a real chameleon, depending on the light and angles.

That's a gorgeous watch, I'm just a little jealous!

Master

Show us your Grand Seikos THREAD

My new GS SLGA007, bought a few weeks back and only just got around to working out uploading photos.

Last edited by tango; 24th February 2022 at 19:48.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    My new GS SLGA007, bought a few weeks back and only just got around to working out uploading photos.

Attachment 19204Attachment 19205
    Putting the power reserve meter on the back of the watch was a good move by GS

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Case Design, the iconic 62GS Modern Reinterpretation, SUPERB !

Journeyman
    Bought this earlier in the week . . . I was only browsing. Incredibly accurate, fraction of a second so far.

Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    Bought this earlier in the week . . . I was only browsing. Incredibly accurate, fraction of a second so far.
    Nice! The dial on these varies from an inky black to very dark blue. Cracking watch

Snap! The dial is quite magical, black in most lights but then it suddenly reveals itself to be blue...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 26th February 2022 at 21:39.

Looking more blue here...

SBGA375 if anyone wants the reference.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 26th February 2022 at 21:40.

Journeyman
    That’s the reference. Inky, purple dark blue. Very pleased with it. It’s the accuracy that’s astonishing.

Been wearing my gshock far too often lately.
    Got this one on today and it's made me realise why I got into watches in the first place. Love it.

This week for me the lovely SBGY007

Took this photo last week on a dull winter's day walking the dog, which seemed very fitting.

I got this one at the end of last year, and it's easily my most worn since.

The level of detail and finish is outstanding, and the accuracy of the 9F movement is remarkable...

I was playing around with my camera today, so I thought I’d share my amateur attempts at trying to capture my SBGM221.

Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    I was playing around with my camera today, so I thought I’d share my amateur attempts at trying to capture my SBGM221.

Mate they look brilliant

Thanks buddy, I’m really not that good at all.

There are some cracking photographers on this forum and whenever I’ve had a go myself, I’ve very quickly been humbled.

The amount of effort and skill that goes in to some of their work is phenomenal.

That first photo is sublime

Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post

Great photos they are, well done

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Great photos they are, well done

Certainly better than the GS advertising shots!

Master
    I agree great photos, I enjoyed those very much!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Do the GS box sapphires suffer from the milky ring when viewing head on?

I like the look of the sbgw231 or sbgj251 but no dealers anywhere near me to try them out.

Craftsman
    Dial looks black but its actually blue, my favourite watch currently..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by marius; 26th March 2022 at 17:35.

Craftsman
    Resized this at the weekend so giving it some love

Master
    Some serious angles at play on this one.
    Last edited by ASW1; 9th April 2022 at 14:44.

True :)
    Different but alike

Journeyman
    My wife has just inherited this Seiko Grand Seiko from her late grandfather. It runs with a little shake, but manual winding doesn’t work at the moment. So I’m currently messaging a few watchmakers to see if we can get it serviced.

Purchased in 1968 in Honk Kong. Definitely well worn by the looks of the character defining scratches and scuffs. But through the scratches on the Crystal the dial itself looks in great condition.
    I’m not sure that the strap is the original though?

The sweep of the second hand is so smooth!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    Been wearing my gshock far too often lately.
    Got this one on today and it's made me realise why I got into watches in the first place. Love it.
    Stunning, what’s the model number out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy9 View Post
    My wife has just inherited this Seiko Grand Seiko from her late grandfather. It runs with a little shake, but manual winding doesn’t work at the moment. So I’m currently messaging a few watchmakers to see if we can get it serviced.

Purchased in 1968 in Honk Kong. Definitely well worn by the looks of the character defining scratches and scuffs. But through the scratches on the Crystal the dial itself looks in great condition.
    That looks like it'll be lovely when sorted.

Having had a bit of a google it looks like most are on leather straps now. This appears to be the original bracelet

That looks great. Just a new crystal or a polish of the one that's on it (if possible) would make a world of difference. Doesn't seem to have been polished. The lines of the case look strong, which is important to make the angular design shine. It's Seiko's grammar of design all the way. Medallion looks great too. And I certainly recognize being mesmerized by the smoothness of the second hand! The first and only truly hi-beat automatic vintage GS (the 56GS is 28800 bph I believe).
    Like Gyp already mentioned, most of these originally came on a strap, some on the bracelet shown above. Here's my 6145 (the date only version of yours) on the bracelet:

Journeyman
    Thanks both. It’s a beaut, for sure. Would love to get the Crystal sorted so that the dial and the sweep can be properly enjoyed.
    I was wondering whether the Crystal could be polished using poly watch or similar, as it feels like very similar to my hesalite moonwatch.

I might have a nose around to see if I can find an original bracelet. Thanks for the pictures!

Can’t wait to get it serviced and to convince my wife to wear it. She’s not really into watches but maybe this work of art will convince her!

Thanks both. It’s a beaut, for sure. Would love to get the Crystal sorted so that the dial and the sweep can be properly enjoyed.
    I was wondering whether the Crystal could be polished using poly watch or similar, as it feels like very similar to my hesalite moonwatch.

I might have a nose around to see if I can find an original bracelet. Thanks for the pictures!

Can’t wait to get it serviced and to convince my wife to wear it. She’s not really into watches but maybe this work of art will convince her!
    I’m afraid I don’t know much about polishing crystals. The original crystal on a 6146-8000 seems to be acrylic, so I guess polywatch should work. If you would decide to go for a new one, nos ones can still be found. The part number is 310T08AN.
    As for the bracelet, it is very rare. I’ve only seen 2 for sale and both were on a watch. One of those is mine. The bracelet for the 56GS is a bit more common and should also fit. There are two variants, the XQB070 and XQB011. Best bet would be to keep an eye on Japanese auction sites. Alternatively, these watches look great on a nice black leather strap too.
    Finally, if it’s going to be worn a lot, you may want to put on a protective case back sticker. The medallion can be a bit vulnerable. There are also after market see through case backs available if you would want to go down that route.
    Last edited by 50kopek; 13th April 2022 at 21:23.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    I’m afraid I don’t know much about polishing crystals. The original crystal on a 6146-8000 seems to be acrylic, so I guess polywatch should work. If you would decide to go for a new one, nos ones can still be found. The part number is 310T08AN.
    As for the bracelet, it is very rare. I’ve only seen 2 for sale and both were on a watch. One of those is mine. The bracelet for the 56GS is a bit more common and should also fit. There are two variants, the XQB070 and XQB011. Best bet would be to keep an eye on Japanese auction sites. Alternatively, these watches look great on a nice black leather strap too.
    Finally, if it’s going to be worn a lot, you may want to put on a protective case back sticker. The medallion can be a bit vulnerable. There are also after market see through case backs available if you would want to go down that route.
    Thank you! I will have a look into all of those. Definitely will get the medalion stickered up as a minimum, but i like the idea of a see through case back too, to preserve the original case back completely.
    Thanks very much for the part numbers, too. I'll do some searching.
    Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    Resized this at the weekend so giving it some love

I love this. I really should have picked one up when they were released.

Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    Like Gyp already mentioned, most of these originally came on a strap, some on the bracelet shown above.
    I suspect they mostly came on the bracelet.

And not thinking too much for the future, the owner discarded the box, papers and spare links.

Then ate too many pies, needing a link put in but didn't have one as they'd been chucked away with the box and papers.

So bought a strap as that was easier.

Thank you! I will have a look into all of those. Definitely will get the medalion stickered up as a minimum, but i like the idea of a see through case back too, to preserve the original case back completely.
    Thanks very much for the part numbers, too. I'll do some searching.
    Much appreciated!
    I hope to see some pictures of this when you have decided what you will do with it. Very keen on GS at the moment. Good luck.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SCH74 View Post
    I hope to see some pictures of this when you have decided what you will do with it. Very keen on GS at the moment. Good luck.

Thank you. I definitely will do. Just waiting on some availability from a few watchmakers for a service :)

Master
    In many ways this is relatively vanilla, but being a GS as opposed to a usual suspect makes it quite interesting. At an event the other day someone I know is into their watches asked what I was wearing and was most interested "Oh I've never met someone who owns a Grand Seiko".

Master
    I like that, I like that as good deal.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Recently acquired off SC. My first GS and loving everything about it.