closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex AD keeping guarantee card

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Who are your insurers? Are you able to quote anything they have put in writing about this authenticity claim?

Retailer can challenge your attempt to obtain a refund using the credit card provider's shared liability; don't count on that for any different outcome.

If tested properly, the smart AD would respond (and many might agree) that they have not devalued your watch; rather, the timing of supply of a plastic card associated with the watch was agreed to be 12 months later than the time of supply of the watch. Game over.

Media consumer programmes will have no great sympathy or interest.

Rolex probably won't comment but will enjoy publicity proving how much demand there is for their watches.

I believe that you will lose any civil action in this regard. I'd suggest keeping some perspective, but will enjoy reading your updates.

Not that I would want to share, it is relating to the special terms imposed on my all risk content policy, so this will not have any bearing on 99% of people.

There is no defence, if they want to lie in court, it may be a bigger crime than withholding a piece of plastic.

Lets see, what is there to lose. On the other hand may make a story if they are lacking one.

Not that it has much effect, but they can scrub me off the list. There, they archived their goal, one less customer for their professional range. If there is enough people there may even be a surplus of Rolex's like there was 4 years ago .

Don't be sure, I am willing to throw away 150 pounds at it in small claims court.
    Last edited by W0rrybeads; 22nd August 2018 at 13:16.

Master
    I do not understand why your insurers' specific wording about their refusal to accept the authenticity of this Rolex watch should not be quoted here. It is directly relevant to your argument and it was my intention to help on this point if an insurer were so silly.

If we're to read more of this toot, be prepared to share specific details lest even more readers conclude it's all P & W.

You'll get the hang of the quotation function.

SCC £150 . . . plus how much of your time and stress, the best outcome being what, exactly? Your choice; good luck in that regard.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 22nd August 2018 at 13:31.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just enjoy the watch for 12 months - really it is not that difficult and all this is being overthought! I never see my cards after the boxes are stashed away

.....unless of course your going to flip it

Craftsman
    Why not just get a valuation from a respected valuer for your insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Emotive subject clearly, but fairly sure this is the norm now and Aurum Group are doing it, others may follow suit.

Whether it will work in the long-term, I don't think so. Eventually the re sellers will get around it and start to buy watches without the card I would guess, especially if the practice becomes widespread - and other brands do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I’d love to have the time to be so upset over so little.
    Agreed,

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Too right!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Why not just get a valuation from a respected valuer for your insurance?

or take photo of the card with the watch /together with the retailers headed invoice..just an idea

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ernie View Post
    or take photo of the card with the watch /together with the retailers headed invoice..just an idea

Ernie
    I've already suggested this: -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Take a picture with the Card next to the Watch at the Official Rolex Retailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0rrybeads View Post
    They have rejected this, in writing.
    Seems unlikely TBH.

Seems unlikely TBH.
    Answered about it on another thread, found a work around, to get temp cover, insurer will come back to me if satisfied .

Master
    Answered about it on another thread, found a work around, to get temp cover, insurer will come back to me if satisfied .
    Okay.....but yet again I ask you to quote / scan what insurers put "in writing" about refusing to cover the watch without the warranty card. I can see no reason not to share what they wrote, especially if you wish the forum to indulge your campaign further. You seem to be avoiding doing so for some reason, which is odd when this was one of your key complaints.

Which retailer is it?

Which insurer is it?

I’m in a position to do something about it, if what you say is true, by the way.

If you can’t provide substance to your complaints, I’d have to sympathise with those who think you have created a new identity here solely to stir the pot.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 22nd August 2018 at 18:21.

Craftsman
    I still can’t believe that they won’t let you take a picture or give you a photocopy or the warranty card...

Also what watch is it?

Sounds like load of bull

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Sounds like load of bull
    Top troll, maybe...

Fake news.
    Last edited by -Ally-; 22nd August 2018 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Top troll, maybe...
    Thanks

Master

Seems unlikely TBH.

I'd go as far as to say it's total cobblers (adjective selected to respect Eddies rules outside of the bear pit). I reckon he has quoted the wrong text and was referring to their response to his assertion that they quietly took the warranty card out of the box when he wasn't watching.

Of course the insurer will accept a photo of the watch next to the warranty card and a receipt, especially backed up by a copy of the corresponding bank / credit card statement that happens to be for the same amount at the same place on the same date

Spot on.

Dealership will photocopy warranty card and give you a copy what's the big deal , you will get card in aye arms time don't see the problem , bigger issues out there 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Rubymac View Post
    Dealership will photocopy warranty card and give you a copy what's the big deal , you will get card in a years time don't see the problem , bigger issues out there 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Okay.....but yet again I ask you to quote / scan what insurers put "in writing" about refusing to cover the watch without the warranty card. I can see no reason not to share what they wrote, especially if you wish the forum to indulge your campaign further. You seem to be avoiding doing so for some reason, which is odd when this was one of your key complaints.

Which retailer is it?

Which insurer is it?

I’m in a position to do something about it, if what you say is true, by the way.

If you can’t provide substance to your complaints, I’d have to sympathise with those who think you have created a new identity here solely to stir the pot.
    Do not want to mention AD, have avoided the direct question until everything is settled one way or another
    Coutts, I bank with them

question for the forum .

Can I do the same to the AD, give them a photocopy of my credit card and say see you in a year ? Why is it such a big deal , it is not world hunger that we are debating !

Again it is the UK consumer Law that is an ass and Rolex being a bigger ass for creating the black market through poor forecasting.

BTW for all the anti flippers out there , go on ebay and see how many 2018 professional watches are available intact and with warranty cards.
    Last edited by W0rrybeads; 22nd August 2018 at 19:55.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You are being a complete berk in your pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    You are being a complete berk in your pursuit.
    +1

what a dull thread this has turned into

question for the forum .

Can I do the same to the AD, give them a photocopy of my credit card and say see you in a year ? Why is it such a big deal , it is not world hunger that we are debating !

Again it is the UK consumer Law that is an ass and Rolex being a bigger ass for creating the black market through poor forecasting.

BTW for all the anti flippers out there , go on ebay and see how many 2018 professional watches are available intact and with warranty cards.

question for the forum .

That's really funny............. Rolex are quite happy producing the number of units they do. They certainly aren't sitting around the boardroom, wringing their hands while bleating: "Oh no! We should have made far more!!"

If you bank with coutts have you not got bigger fish to fry
    Seems like a drama out of nothing

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That's really funny............. Rolex are quite happy producing the number of units they do. They certainly aren't sitting around the boardroom, wringing their hands while bleating: "Oh no! We should have made far more!!"
    I know they are a registered charity, but they are not a charity , they are in business to make as much as cash as they can, or are you asserting that they spend over 50 million dollars a year on marketing for amusement. 4 years ago you went in an AD and picked up more or less any model you wanted, sudden panic on the Asian market (China) slow down, re tooling to make the standard models. 4 years ago for every 36 or so watches sold an AD would get a professional model, now the number is reported to be over 70, so is the street rummor, I am sure one of the AD's on this board will correct me.
    If they are so cool about the numbers they are producing, why bother with the grey market. If secondary market can sell a watch for a 1000 pounds over RRP, Rolex can make more and sell for more, oh I know why they don't, it is because they are a charity.
    BTW, it is like any luxury item, the aspiration factor, that is Rolex's core clientele focus, some one who buys a watch every x years and could not care how they gets treated by the AD, as long as they have achieved the heady highs of a wearing a GMT.
    As I said right at the beginning, I am the odd one out, I hate being messed around by an arrogant retailer or manufacturer who thinks they are doing me a favour by taking my money, you guys carry on part with your cash, enjoy your purchase and get laughed at by the retailer.

Master
    you guys carry on part with your cash, enjoy your purchase and get laughed at by the retailer.
    Hang on cowboy, haven’t you just bought a Rolex? Parted with your cash? Had your card held back so (as you put it) been laughed at by the retailer? I left out the ‘enjoy your purchase’ as you’re clearly not enjoying it judging by your posts.

I know they are a registered charity, but they are not a charity , they are in business to make as much as cash as they can, or are you asserting that they spend over 50 million dollars a year on marketing for amusement. 4 years ago you went in an AD and picked up more or less any model you wanted, sudden panic on the Asian market (China) slow down, re tooling to make the standard models. 4 years ago for every 36 or so watches sold an AD would get a professional model, now the number is reported to be over 70, so is the street rummor, I am sure one of the AD's on this board will correct me.
    If they are so cool about the numbers they are producing, why bother with the grey market. If secondary market can sell a watch for a 1000 pounds over RRP, Rolex can make more and sell for more, oh I know why they don't, it is because they are a charity.
    BTW, it is like any luxury item, the aspiration factor, that is Rolex's core clientele focus, some one who buys a watch every x years and could not care how they gets treated by the AD, as long as they have achieved the heady highs of a wearing a GMT.
    As I said right at the beginning, I am the odd one out, I hate being messed around by an arrogant retailer or manufacturer who thinks they are doing me a favour by taking my money, you guys carry on part with your cash, enjoy your purchase and get laughed at by the retailer.
    Let it go man it's done

Master
    4 years ago you went in an AD and picked up more or less any model you wanted
    I’ve been interested in Rolex for 30 odd years and I don’t remember that.

Rolex AD keeping guarantee card

Well , how much do you know about Tort ! look it up , if Rolex and AD have clouded, to harm my "economic interest", they are equally culpable, in front of a judge. You can not separate one from the other, the subtlety is "if" . The only way to find out is to test it, the AD has to supply the said letter that you are referring to under disclosure.

However all of this is academic and hypothetical unless all other steps that I mentioned previously have been exhausted. Moral of the story being if you have the money to splash out thousands of pounds on a watch that tells the same time as a 50 pound watch, you have the financial means to test it, in courts.
    Do you know how difficult it is to prove that particular tort?

Do you do realise also that on the small claims court disclosure has different rules? Yeah sure they might choose to cooperate pre-action (assuming you and they follow the protocol) but if they don’t then that’s another interim application for you to pay for. That’s a risk in itself if costs are awarded “in the case”

I think it’s fair to say that where litigation is concerned and not a Rolex, a fool and his money are easily parted.

Last edited by messym; 22nd August 2018 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I’ve been interested in Rolex for 30 odd years and I don’t remember that.
    In 2014 I got my BLNR from the window and got free service included.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Sniff sniff..... Pig?

sniff sniff.......goat?

sniff sniff.....nope, bullsh*t

Grand Master
    Heres a few observations

Dripping on a forum does nothing and most tap the keyboard loud but smile and and dont make a fuss as they just want to make money by moving them on.

In the grey market nothing has changed, read that Rolex, nothing has changed you are achieving only one thing and that is to upset your customers. But wait a minute this isn’t strictly Rolex is it?

Interpret the discussion between Rolex and AD’s the letter clearly states;-

‘Whilst Rolex do not dictate how watches are sold we recommend they retain the warranty card and encourage them to remove the transportation stickers to prevent being sold as new'

The government recommend we eat 5 a day and encourage us to exercise but can you imagine being forced to do it everyone you wanted to shop or wear sports kit

Selling precious things can make people very precious !
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 23rd August 2018 at 07:41.
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Thanks

OP, not you...

Quote Originally Posted by messym View Post
    Do you know how difficult it is to prove that particular tort?

Do you do realise also that on the small claims court disclosure has different rules? Yeah sure they might choose to cooperate pre-action (assuming you and they follow the protocol) but if they don’t then that’s another interim application for you to pay for. That’s a risk in itself if costs are awarded “in the case”

I think it’s fair to say that where litigation is concerned and not a Rolex, a fool and his money are easily parted.

This fool and his cash has already been easily parted, hence the whole debate. SCC each part pays their own fee, no awards.

Issue fee (listing fee for the claimant) and any interim application fee, yes.

Costs, not necessarily so. I often got costs back for my client on the small claims track. Usually on a standard basis but on occasions on an indemnity basis.

Sometimes the costs equalled the sum claimed, so I’d be cautious about working on the assumption that you won’t pay any costs at all.

Just saying

Last edited by messym; 23rd August 2018 at 08:37.

Issue fee (listing fee for the claimant) and any interim application fee, yes.

Costs, not necessarily so. I often got costs back for my client on the small claims track. Usually on a standard basis but on occasions on an indemnity basis.

Sometimes the costs equalled the sum claimed, so I’d be cautious about working on the assumption that you won’t pay any costs at all.

Just saying

Goes both ways , happy to risk it, there are several other steps that I need to take before we get there. I keep coming back to the point that consumer law in this country is the ASS :-)

{As a caveat to the general rules on costs, it must be stated that if a party brings an unreasonable small claim that obviously fails, or defends a claim by acting unreasonably and subsequently loses, the court has discretion to make a punitive order for that party to pay the other side's costs.}

Master

Nice one!

Can't remember last time I saw a sought after SS Rolex in a window. I ended up (and was very happy) with an Exp II in 1989 because I got fed up of not being able to find a SS Sub which is what I thought I wanted at the time.

Where did my posts go? Selective deleting?

Where did my posts go? Selective deleting?

I suppose you’re using Tapatalk, like me. The new update is very frustrating but they should reappear when you reliad the page
    I can see some posts (not sure the one you’re referring to)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    I bought one from the window in early 2016 with a discount.
    Wasn't even planning to buy a watch that day.

Craftsman
    Paid for my my SD43 on Monday.

Warranty card filled out for my birthday next month, (when I pick it up) and they won’t be keeping it..

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chopper View Post
    Paid for my my SD43 on Monday.

Warranty card filled out for my birthday next month, (when I pick it up) and they won’t be keeping it..
    Have they agreed or are you just saying that?

Mine has been safely stashed in their safe for 3 months now …. and I toss 'n' turn every sleepless night with worry.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Have they agreed or are you just saying that?

Mine has been safely stashed in their safe for 3 months now …. and I toss 'n' turn every sleepless night with worry.
    100%.

I can pick “everything up on my birthday” (19th Sept).

I could have taken the package on Monday but wanted the watch for my birthday, and asked for the card to be dated appropriately..

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chopper View Post
    100%.

I can pick “everything up on my birthday” (19th Sept).

I could have taken the package on Monday but wanted the watch for my birthday, and asked for the card to be dated appropriately..
    You are going to love the SD43 … Just perfect and so accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Hang on cowboy, haven’t you just bought a Rolex? Parted with your cash? Had your card held back so (as you put it) been laughed at by the retailer? I left out the ‘enjoy your purchase’ as you’re clearly not enjoying it judging by your posts.
    At least I am doing something about it, my mistake was not checking everything before leaving the store and trusting the Rolex AD.
    I now know better, will not spend a penny more withe the AD and on Rolex.
    Don't care how established you are, how exclusive you are, how big you are, how much cash you have in the bank, you ignore your customer sentiment, you will fail. Corporate history is littered with failed luxury brands.
    They get arrogant, they fail and someone savvy will pick them up.
    Last edited by W0rrybeads; 23rd August 2018 at 22:40.

Master
    At least I am doing something about it
    Yep you joined a watch forum and the ONLY 25 posts you have made are on this very thread flaming the Rolex policy.

Maybe take some time to make some constructive posts in other topics if you want us to believe that you are a genuine watch enthusiast.