closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex AD keeping guarantee card

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Yep you joined a watch forum and the ONLY 25 posts you have made are on this very thread flaming the Rolex policy.

Maybe take some time to make some constructive posts in other topics if you want us to believe that you are a genuine watch enthusiast.
    I agree.

I'm surprised at the energy put by some into this subject, when surely their fortuitous position in society would suggest they have more to concern themselves with.

Compare for example, the challenges faced by some over gaining access to benefits during the change over to Universal Credit. No political statement by me in favour of any side of the Commons, even the Government accepts that not all deserving applicants have received monies due during the transition from the previous system.

I don't bank with Coutts but I have a couple of friends that do. As close friends, I'm certain that they wouldn't be engaging in this kind of emotional intensity over such a subject. I'm surprised such a wealthy individual is so caught up in fighting a crusade over his perceived consumer's rights.

As so many have said - if you dont like the rules of a transaction, don't buy.

And the same applies to any business contract, which many of those who bank with Coutts would recognise.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    You are going to love the SD43 … Just perfect and so accurate!
    Mine wasn't accurate! Slow from day 1 and just had a complete free service under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgecko View Post
    I agree.

I'm surprised at the energy put by some into this subject, when surely their fortuitous position in society would suggest they have more to concern themselves with.

Compare for example, the challenges faced by some over gaining access to benefits during the change over to Universal Credit. No political statement by me in favour of any side of the Commons, even the Government accepts that not all deserving applicants have received monies due during the transition from the previous system.

I don't bank with Coutts but I have a couple of friends that do. As close friends, I'm certain that they wouldn't be engaging in this kind of emotional intensity over such a subject. I'm surprised such a wealthy individual is so caught up in fighting a crusade over his perceived consumer's rights.

As so many have said - if you dont like the rules of a transaction, don't buy.

And the same applies to any business contract, which many of those who bank with Coutts would recognise.
    The whole point is;
    I did not know about the policy, if I knew ,I would have walked out and bought else where
    There are many people in the same situation, because UNDER CONSUMER LAW,I HAVE TO PROVE THAT I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE POLICY, so this is being exploited by Rolex and AD.
    Some people are grateful that they have been given the chance of buying a Rolex, even when the AD wants to pour tar on them and roll then in features.
    Most people would walk away, you are right, they do not have the time , cant be bothered, in short don't have the passion, OCD what ever you want to call it. I do ! Just hate being shafted, guess that is what makes me, me.
    The reason, I did not want to mention my insurers, was for the snide comments. They are a bank, joe public owns most of it, part of RBS! All it means is that you have a high networth and/or a lot of burrowing !

Let me see where I get to, taking on the establishment, even though it is 80-20 in their favour.

Rolex AD keeping guarantee card

“Criminal offences” as alluded to in your very first post on this forum, don’t tend to end up in the Small Claims Court.

Secondly the AD hasn’t changed, withdrawn or altered the warranty or amended its terms. You still have a warranty.

You just don’t have a piece of plastic, a piece of plastic that doesn’t impact on whether the watch is fit for purpose. You might as well claim for the AD not providing you with a cleaning cloth.

If your watch goes wrong, you’d be entitled to have it repaired or replaced even, either under the express terms of the warranty or under the consumer rights act 2015. UK consumer laws are actually quite good in this respect because your statutory rights may in time outlast any contractual rights, express or implied.

Carry on, I have shares now in Sunkist and this is bloody hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by messym; 24th August 2018 at 09:20.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by messym View Post

Yep you joined a watch forum and the ONLY 25 posts you have made are on this very thread flaming the Rolex policy.

Maybe take some time to make some constructive posts in other topics if you want us to believe that you are a genuine watch enthusiast.
    My sincere apology , I was under the impression that the thread was about Rolex AD keeping Guarantee card.

“Criminal offences” as alluded to in your very first post on this forum, don’t tend to end up in the Small Claims Court.

Secondly the AD hasn’t changed, withdrawn or altered the warranty or amended its terms. You still have a warranty.

You just don’t have a piece of plastic, a piece of plastic that doesn’t impact on whether the watch is fit for purpose. You might as well claim for the AD not providing you with a cleaning cloth.

If your watch goes wrong, you’d be entitled to have it repaired or replaced even, either under the express terms of the warranty or under the consumer rights act 2015. UK consumer laws are actually quite good in this respect because your statutory rights may in time outlast any contractual rights, express or implied.

Criminal Offence, is up to some one else, last time I looked in the mirror, I was not Trading Standards nor CPS.
    Warranty Card is a moot point. If the merchant has committed an offence or mis represented , there is grounds for seeking restitution
    If the cleaning cloth is part and parcel of the package, too bloody right :-)
    Rolex website implies you are buying a package and not just a watch, https://www.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/...lex-watch.html
    Am I mistaken ? as you seem to be a lawyer!

Master
    OMG, just let it go man, what is wrong with you?

BTW

Rolex isn't a charity, it is owned by a charitable foundation. It makes as many watches as it see fit to make, they do not pander to "fashionable trends" or boom / bust sales tactics, they have done this for a very long time and will (judging by current demand) for a long while yet.

I don't see the likes of PP, AP or VC getting this type of "press" against them, and they make far fewer watches, arguably more desirable watches, people patiently wait for or buy over retail in the grey market.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W0rrybeads View Post
    Criminal Offence, is up to some one else, last time I looked in the mirror, I was not Trading Standards nor CPS.
    Warranty Card is a moot point. If the merchant has committed an offence or mis represented , there is grounds for seeking restitution
    Rolex website implies you are buying a package and not just a watch, https://www.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/...lex-watch.html
    Where does it say the plastic card is part of the package?

It states the retailer can place the card into the presentation box, but not that it is mandatory, unlike the mention of the spare links that will be placed in the presentation box

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Where does it say the plastic card is part of the package?

It states the retailer can place the card into the presentation box, but not that it is mandatory, unlike the mention of the spare links that will be placed in the presentation box
    Forget the plastic card. I have just noticed that the last two I bought didn’t have a cleaning cloth! 🤣🤣🤣

I’m certainly wouldn’t have you as a client if I were.

I’m certainly wouldn’t have you as a client if I were.

You would make a mistake. Is there anything better for a barrister than a client who wants to sue for a bit of plastic?
    A fool and its money...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    My sincere apology , I was under the impression that the thread was about Rolex AD keeping Guarantee card.
    You are just making a fool of yourself constantly going on and on about the same thing that's now TWENTY EIGHT posts with the same moan and disagreeing with virtually everyone else. We get that your not happy but on the face of it the ONLY reason you have joined this forum of watch enthusiasts is to have a constant moan about one thing.

Either make the effort to post in other forums so we can tell you are a genuine watch enthusiast who wants to contribute to the broader forum or we'll just continue to assume you are a troll.

Master
    This new policy will create a new thread of ‘Incoming Warranty Card’

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Forget the plastic card. I have just noticed that the last two I bought didn’t have a cleaning cloth! 藍藍藍
    They stopped doing that ages ago.....Rolex have to make savings wherever they can🤡🤡🤪

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    This new policy will create a new thread of ‘Incoming Warranty Card’
    Nobody will care soon - it'll become the norm. Maybe you just hold £100 back until the card arrives months later? If you were that bothered about the fabled full set the seller probably won't quibble when their Pepsi GMT has been marked up £5k from rrp

You are just making a fool of yourself constantly going on and on about the same thing that's now TWENTY EIGHT posts with the same moan and disagreeing with virtually everyone else. We get that your not happy but on the face of it the ONLY reason you have joined this forum of watch enthusiasts is to have a constant moan about one thing.

Either make the effort to post in other forums so we can tell you are a genuine watch enthusiast who wants to contribute to the broader forum or we'll just continue to assume you are a troll.
    Again, let me apologise, not my intention to annoy, the thread is "Rolex AD keeping Guarantee card" . I am no enthusiast , I have well over 20 watches but that is it. I am sure every one owns many pairs of sock's and that does make them a socks enthusiast :-)

As the thread is only for Enthusiast, I shall create a blog on the subject.

Again, let me apologise, not my intention to annoy, the thread is "Rolex AD keeping Guarantee card" . I am no enthusiast , I have well over 20 watches but that is it. I am sure every one owns many pairs of sock's and that does make them a socks enthusiast :-)

Well over 20 watches but wasn’t aware of the AD Policy?

This is comedy gold. You are Alan Partridge and I claim my £5.

Master

We have a winner!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    20 watches you say? Time for a positive contribution perhaps, by means of a SOTC methinks.

Craftsman
    This person reminds me of a certain someone from the Patek thread

Master

Be fair. Just because someone has over 20 watches they might not all have been purchased recently since the AD’s started to act in this manner. We don’t know they’re all Rolex or not, and we don’t the frequency of purchases.

It’s quite plausible in my opinion. It also may help explain the OPs anger towards the AD, where he said early on he’s spent a lot of money historically.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post

Has ANYONE ever seen him and George in a room together at the same time?

Anyone?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wasn’t GF’s grammar and spelling somewhat better? For a customer of Coutts, this guy is lacking in that department. Takes all sorts though.

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Mine wasn't accurate! Slow from day 1 and just had a complete free service under warranty.

Yep, mine has lost 4 whole seconds in the first 24 days of this month … But appreciate that not every 3235 will come within the plus/minus 2 sec tolerance without some warranty tinkering.

It's not so much the accuracy I'm impressed with, more the consistency of the accuracy!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Wasn’t GF’s grammar and spelling somewhat better? For a customer of Coutts, this guy is lacking in that department. Takes all sorts though.
    I understand that Coutts went through a period a few years ago when they reduced the traditional entry criteria.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Yep, mine has lost 4 whole seconds in the first 24 days of this month … But appreciate that not every 3235 will come within the plus/minus 2 sec tolerance without some warranty tinkering.

It's not so much the accuracy I'm impressed with, more the consistency of the accuracy!
    You lucky, lucky, barst....

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Be fair. Just because someone has over 20 watches they might not all have been purchased recently since the AD’s started to act in this manner. We don’t know they’re all Rolex or not, and we don’t the frequency of purchases.

It’s quite plausible in my opinion. It also may help explain the OPs anger towards the AD, where he said early on he’s spent a lot of money historically.
    3 Rolex's, Simple Oyster, Datejust, the recent sub and a Brietling bought from the AD , good few Omega's , some Tag's & a Heuer Autavia. No AP's or PP's.
    Lets see if this too makes our Barista friend and his side kick a bit more jealous :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    You are being a complete berk in your pursuit.
    Why, care to explain, I cant understand the anger on this board for trying to correct a wrong. If you bought a car and the log book was not given to you and you chased the garage for the log book does that make you a Berk ?
    After all you can always show the receipt to ..............

Master
    Why, care to explain, I cant understand the anger on this board for trying to correct a wrong. If you bought a car and the log book was not given to you and you chased the garage for the log book does that make you a Berk ?
    After all you can always show the receipt to ..............
    Well, that’s a facile comparison.

The log book, or rather V5c is a legal document issued by the government in the uk, to register the ownership of a motor vehicle, not a plastic card from the manufacturer.

Master

Well you clearly are annoying most of us as despite apparently having 20 watches ALL you want to do is use your new found membership of a watch forum to moan about Rolex thirty one times in this one thread.

Great idea, go and create a blog somewhere else.

Master
    Still waiting for you to quote what your insurers put “in writing” explaining their refusal to cover your watch without its warranty card. I’d happily discuss it with our Coutts contacts.....or were you over-stating the position and couldn’t support your claims when tested?

This was a simple request and there was no reason not to have obliged; I made clear that I was in a position to bring about change if things were as you said.

Instead, more faux victim wallowing.

Whether this account is real or fantasy, your over-revved card-rage appears to be attracting reducing levels of sympathy. I predict an imminent flounce as a result.

Those who stamp their feet loudest about the great legal actions they intend to bring are usually those least likely to do so.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 24th August 2018 at 23:38.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Likewise. I took mine into RSC St James to be regulated. Now runs within -2/+2.

Oh, they didn’t require the warranty card.

Master
    I have spent over 18K with the dealer and have a relationship, or so I thought. Even then they did not mention anything about not including the Guarantee card on a Rolex sub, they actually took the card and the tag, off the watch when they went round the back to re-size it. If you look at this https://www.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/...lex-watch.html, it clearly states the contract you are entering in to buying a Rolex. There are, no if's or but's, the watch, box, re-sizing and Guarantee which is also your proof of authenticity is a package that you are buying. I have discussed with Rolex UK, they have no policy on this that they openly admit to, all they will say is they are supportive of any effort by AD to reduce the number of grey market watches. Should the AD want to go down the route of removing the Guarantee Card, they have to get your express agreement, or they have mis-sold the item to you and this is a criminal offence for which they can get prosecuted. On the other hand if they tell you and you agree to it, it will be a conditional sale and it is legal. So the choice, is yours and the AD dilemma is, do they tell you and possibly risk a no-deal or they remove the Guarantee card from the box without you knowing. One thing that Rolex did admitted to is, that by removing the tag and Guarantee card they are devaluing your purchase ! This could open the retailer up, to action in small claims court or at least a dispute resolution. In short Rolex does not care or they would force the AD's to put up a sign or something similar to tell you it is a conditional purchase. In my case I may see the AD in court.
    Are you enjoying your Sub by the way?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject

which are the models exactly that are being sold at an instant profit?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Still waiting for you to quote what your insurers put “in writing” explaining their refusal to cover your watch without its warranty card. I’d happily discuss it with our Coutts contacts.....or were you over-stating the position and couldn’t support your claims when tested?

This was a simple request and there was no reason not to have obliged; I made clear that I was in a position to bring about change if things were as you said.

Instead, more faux victim wallowing.

Whether this account is real or fantasy, your over-revved card-rage appears to be attracting reducing levels of sympathy. I predict an imminent flounce as a result.

Those who stamp their feet loudest about the great legal actions they intend to bring are usually those least likely to do so.
    Provided letter from AD, stating their policy, second letter which states photocopy is good enough, insurance provided temp cover, they wanted to investigate as I mentioned I am not the only one, provided Rolex customer service phone number as the AD letter states they are implementing Rolex Policy. Have heard nothing since. The cost of looking in to this is probably more than the premium increase.
    Legal action is last resort, have to wait until all other avenues have been exhausted, unfortunately for me I have to jump through many other loops before I get there. All hints taken, being provided with advice. As I have the watch, it works it is small claims.

Am I enjoying the watch , no, worn once. Went an got Omega GSOM, no crap from Omega AD.

Master
    Imagine:

You expel so much effort and money over nothing at all that you lose track of the time. You have your crack legal team ready, the police on stand by for dawn raid on the AD to get “your” property back.

Just as 5-O is about to kick the door in the AD opens it, you all go rushing in tripping over each other slapstick style.

As you look up from the heap of cops you’re under the AD leans over the counter with a smile and says.

“Ah hello mr. WB thank you for your patience, it’s been 12 here is your warranty card and complementary bottle of champagne”

Hilarious!

Master
    If you look at this https://www.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/...lex-watch.html, it clearly states the contract you are entering in to buying a Rolex. There are, no if's or but's, the watch, box, re-sizing and Guarantee which is also your proof of authenticity is a package that you are buying.
    I ask again. Where does it say the plastic card is part of the package?

It states the retailer can place the card into the presentation box, but not that it is mandatory, unlike the mention of the spare links that will be placed in the presentation box.

Oh, and the contract you are entering is between you and the retailer, not the manufacturer.

Lets see if this too makes our Barista friend and his side kick a bit more jealous :-)
    You’re trying to impress the bloke in Costa?

You have issues my friend

Craftsman
    You’re trying to impress the bloke in Costa?

You have issues my friend

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    which are the models exactly that are being sold at an instant profit?
    I’ve seen ND Sub and 116710LN (both relatively easy to come by until the last year or so) listed on eBay at a premium but no idea what they actually sell for.

The hysteria has got to such a state that some people assume any SS “Sports” model in an AD’s window must be snapped up and put straight onto eBay.

If we could have a moratorium on people paying over list, some degree of sanity might return to the market.

Master
    Provided letter from AD, stating their policy, second letter which states photocopy is good enough, insurance provided temp cover, they wanted to investigate as I mentioned I am not the only one, provided Rolex customer service phone number as the AD letter states they are implementing Rolex Policy. Have heard nothing since. The cost of looking in to this is probably more than the premium increase.
    Legal action is last resort, have to wait until all other avenues have been exhausted, unfortunately for me I have to jump through many other loops before I get there. All hints taken, being provided with advice. As I have the watch, it works it is small claims.

Am I enjoying the watch , no, worn once. Went an got Omega GSOM, no crap from Omega AD.
    Shame you’ve only worn the watch once George. Time for you to move on fella, this seems to be doing you no good at all - think about your health.

How’s about a SOTC thread? That will cheer you and us up.

Craftsman
    Well I've just collected a hard to get piece from AD. Removal of one sticker and warranty card in hand. I never mentioned it neither did they.

Master
    When I spoke to my AD earlier in the year, they said they decided on stickers and guarantee card based on their relationship with the customer. I think that they have now caved in and keep cards.

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Well I've just collected a hard to get piece from AD. Removal of one sticker and warranty card in hand. I never mentioned it neither did they.

Many of you are continuing to rise to this.

The more replies I see, the more I’m thinking “troll”

Anyone else thinking “troll”?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Many of you are continuing to rise to this.

The more replies I see, the more I’m thinking “troll”
    A rational person would move on.

Anyone else thinking “troll”?
    Not thinking Troll.

If there’s something going on that I’m not interested in reading I don’t revisit that thread....”move along, nothing to see here”

Craftsman

Hysteria

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I’ve seen ND Sub and 116710LN (both relatively easy to come by until the last year or so) listed on eBay at a premium but no idea what they actually sell for.

The hysteria has got to such a state that some people assume any SS “Sports” model in an AD’s window must be snapped up and put straight onto eBay.

If we could have a moratorium on people paying over list, some degree of sanity might return to the market.
    Agree with you fully on the SS model hysteria in the market at the moment and how a lot of buyers are under the illusion that every SS model delivers a ££profit. Currently seeing Explorers, Milgauss and Yachtmasters all with over RRP from private sellers and WF are pricing £500 over list for their unworn models of these. Apart from the Daytona, Hulk and latest GMT, most SS models can eventually be found at RRP.

I think the reason they end up on eBay is when the buyer has tried dealers like WF etc, thinking they will get the profit from a sale to them just to realise that they will be taking a substantial loss when they receive the WF or other dealers offer. Anyone paying over RRP for a Milgauss, Explorer etc must not have had a look at every AD window in the country and to be honest even paying RRP for those models including the Yachtmaster makes you feel you have been mugged.

Apprentice
    Well , how much do you know about Tort ! look it up , if Rolex and AD have clouded, to harm my "economic interest", they are equally culpable, in front of a judge. You can not separate one from the other, the subtlety is "if" . The only way to find out is to test it, the AD has to supply the said letter that you are referring to under disclosure.

However all of this is academic and hypothetical unless all other steps that I mentioned previously have been exhausted. Moral of the story being if you have the money to splash out thousands of pounds on a watch that tells the same time as a 50 pound watch, you have the financial means to test it, in courts.
    Actually, a Rolex doesn't tell the same time as a £50 watch. A Rolex doesn't tell the time, just an approximation, as they are crap. A Rolex is also so shoddily built that the hands fall off & the strap undoes itself if you clench your fist. I know this to be fact as the GMT Master I purchased from an AD in 1988 was all of the above. The £20 plastic Casio it was replaced with was a far better watch, whichever way you want to measure it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jel999 View Post
    Actually, a Rolex doesn't tell the same time as a £50 watch. A Rolex doesn't tell the time, just an approximation, as they are crap. A Rolex is also so shoddily built that the hands fall off & the strap undoes itself if you clench your fist. I know this to be fact as the GMT Master I purchased from an AD in 1988 was all of the above. The £20 plastic Casio it was replaced with was a far better watch, whichever way you want to measure it.
    Wish I’d known this before chucking away loads of cash on a new Rolex..