closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: marketing emails

+1 on Mailchimp. It's what we use for marketing emails and only mass BCC on emails where the recipients would want/need to receive the email from us, rather than a speculative marketing shot.

Master

marketing emails

I've finally collected a decent volume for work to use for marketing but I want to make sure I'm not divulging emails to other people.
    As far as I can see simply pasting a list into the bcc address appears to work and does not allow any other emails to be visible to each recipient. I've run a few tests with half a dzoen email addresses, staff etc and all seems well.
    I want to make sure the list isn't there for those who are more tech savvy than me so am I missing anything?
    I'm using thunderbird.
    David

Master
    Can't you just use a mail-handler like mailchimp.com. Has all the tracking statistics, can do HTML, unsubscribe, targeted emails etc etc.. and send via your server. They have a privacy policy etc.

Master
    possibly, I'll have a look.
    Thanks

Bcc does just that; blind cc.

You really should use a system like Mailchimp because to be compliant you shouldn't really be sending unsolicited emails, which doesn't allow a recipient to accept, or decline.

Mailchimp allows users to unsubscribe from a list, whereas sending an email doesn't.

Eventually you'd build up a database email addresses that willingly accepts your e-marketing and you can track the amount of open, and read emails.

MailChimp is excellent. Depending on the size of the mailshot, you can run the risk, if sending from a company mail address, of having your domain name added to the list of spammers retained by anti-spam systems. I had to go through the removal process for a company I used to work for, when a PR assistant sent out 3,000 unsolicited emails, in an hour, using bcc.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I use Arclab Maillist Controller. It works fine, allows automatic subscribe and unsubscribe, deletion of failed e-mails, HTML and you can have multiple lists. The only thing I didn't like is when they updated the program I had to export all the mailing list data and it lost some of it. Would have been much better if it just updated rather than have to export your lists and then do a fresh install. It takes about 20 minutes to send 6000+ e-mails.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Hey, email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using electronic mail (email). In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. It usually involves using email to send ads, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness.
    Last edited by Derrils; 13th June 2019 at 17:06.