closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont Endurance

Master

Bremont Endurance

I know Bremont gets a mixed reception on here, but I do quite like the look of the Endurance in the 2018 collection.

https://www.bremont.com/watch/endurance/27097

I have a Norton V4 LE and like it, would be quite happy to have another Bremont in the collection.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Just noticed the other thread, sorry to duplicate

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am sorry but that’s a big no from me.

There's a bit too much going on there for me. What is this watch - is it a diver (knurled bezel), if so why a tachymeter? Couldn't it have been used for something more relevant, like an extra time zone (for the GMT hand) or a minute bezel?

That's not even mentioning my bias against the brand, but for me this is objectively a car-crash watch.

It has a Tachymeter?

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    It has a Tachymeter?
    It's a confusing thing. I guess the bezel have something to do with the compass, it says 360 degree.
    Then the GMT hand have a N letter that I first believed was a north pointer to the compass which
    have been a great option. But it's to the rehaut that shows the second time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    It has a Tachymeter?
    No, it does not

I’ve seen lots worse.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Like it but to big for me.

I think it's quite nice, although it's a bit too similar to a Marathon JSAR looks wise, which is a lot cheaper. You will be able to use the GMT hand, the sun and the bezel as a compass (should you want to)

Well it’s pretty easy to use a watch as a compass, so having the compass bezel makes it really simple.
    It's just a matter of time...

It makes the Ball Engineer II GMT auto look even better value with a pre-order price of 800 euros on a strap and 860 euros on a bracelet. And you can even choose 40 or 44mm, blue or black dial for the same price.

40mm

44mm

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I think it's quite nice, although it's a bit too similar to a Marathon JSAR looks wise, which is a lot cheaper. You will be able to use the GMT hand, the sun and the bezel as a compass (should you want to)
    It doesn’t look anything like a Marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    It doesn’t look anything like a Marathon.
    I see a similarity, especialy the lume plots and large chunky bezel.

...why a tachymetre...knurled bezel...looks like a Marathon...
    The watch must be pretty good if people are having to invent problems in order to still take a swipe at a Bremont.
    Last edited by bedlam; 27th February 2018 at 01:28.

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    ...is it a diver (knurled bezel)...
    BTW, a knurled bezel has nothing to do with being a dive watch.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I’ve seen lots worse.
    High praise indeed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    It makes the Ball Engineer II GMT auto look even better value with a pre-order price of 800 euros on a strap and 860 euros on a bracelet. And you can even choose 40 or 44mm, blue or black dial for the same price.

40mm

44mm

Every now and again i see a Watch that I've never seen before and really like, this is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    The watch must be pretty good if people are having to invent problems in order to still take a swipe at a Bremont.
    I am not inventing problems to take a swipe, as I said I like it. It does remind me of a Marathon JSAR though. Which is not a bad thing as I own one.

I do like it but not at that price point. Good size for me and titanium so lightweight, shame no bracelet.
    The lug shape is a little off putting and I don’t like the N on the gmt hand, but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I do like it but not at that price point. Good size for me and titanium so lightweight, shame no bracelet.
    The lug shape is a little off putting and I don’t like the N on the gmt hand, but not bad.
    They come on a bracelet, but for a bit more money.

They basically copied the older Seiko Landmaster in philosophy, which isn't a bad thing. It doesn't seem to be a 'true GMT' though, with an independent hr hand which I don't like - especially for that price.

To see what can be achieved with a GMT (Selitta version) using similar materials albeit with very different looks is the Ming 17.03 for around £1800. Makes this look even more expensive. The thing which annoys me with Bremont is their obsessive focus on wanting to tell a story and charge a massive markup for it. Just make an honest watch.

I am not inventing problems to take a swipe, as I said I like it. It does remind me of a Marathon JSAR though. Which is not a bad thing as I own one.
    Except it doesn't look like a JSAR in any way. Just about every single component is different.

Except it doesn't look like a JSAR in any way. Just about every single component is different.
    We will have to agree to disagree on that part. I see similarities, they are not identical but there are similar aspects to both watches (which you could say about many) when I first saw it I thought JSAR. That is all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Every now and again i see a Watch that I've never seen before and really like, this is one of them.

I really like Ball Watches, but to me that one in particular is awful.

IMO I think the Endurance is a fantastic watch with a huge amount of testing and development done by Bremont and Ben Saunders to get it to where it is. It would be my pick of the new range, or the blue dial ALT1-C.

Craftsman
    At least there limited edition are only 200 and not 7007.

Craftsman
    That 40mm Ball is one of the first I’ve actually liked from the company. The second hand counter balance usually puts me off but it’s quite discreet in this case!

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    I know Bremont gets a mixed reception on here, but I do quite like the look of the Endurance in the 2018 collection.

https://www.bremont.com/watch/endurance/27097

I have a Norton V4 LE and like it, would be quite happy to have another Bremont in the collection.

Prefer the Alpina GMT.

Same size as the Bremont, same functions, thinner strap and 1/4 the price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by messym View Post
    Prefer the Alpina GMT.

Same size as the Bremont, same functions, thinner strap and 1/4 the price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Does look nice, plus it has a quickset hour hand like the GMT master II rather than a quickset gmt hand - much more useful for travelling

Master

I can't stand Bremont, and even I don't see the problem here. The goofy brothers with a made up origin story, plus their fake in-house movement nonsense is more than any person coulld possibly need to dislike the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I can't stand Bremont, and even I don't see the problem here. The goofy brothers with a made up origin story, plus their fake in-house movement nonsense is more than any person coulld possibly need to dislike the brand.
    None of that is a concern to me personally. I like the brand and the brothers. Thoroughly nice chaps.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    None of that is a concern to me personally. I like the brand and the brothers. Thoroughly nice chaps.
    Agree

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Completely disagree, I've met both brothers and they came across very well indeed. Yes they have made some mistakes but who hasn't when launching a brand. Overall what they have achieved is impressive and some of the watches they produce are superb.

Master
    Blog Entries

Spitting image,surely.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was supposed to be going there tonight, Bremont know how to host an event and would have been a good laugh. Some of the new updates look good, their watches are far nicer in the metal that pics show.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I was supposed to be going there tonight, Bremont know how to host an event and would have been a good laugh. Some of the new updates look good, their watches are far nicer in the metal that pics show.
    I went on Tuesday, it was great. Loads of people there to talk watches with and the whole set up was brilliant. Much better than a little booth at the back of Basel World. Plus they have a Warner Edwards gin bar on both floors.

Generally speaking the new Bremont Endurance seems to be well received except for the price. So I'm interested to know in all seriousness at what price point would you be tempted to go for it? Personally at £3,750 I would probably stick a pre order in. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Generally speaking the new Bremont Endurance seems to be well received except for the price. So I'm interested to know in all seriousness at what price point would you be tempted to go for it? Personally at £3,750 I would probably stick a pre order in. Thoughts?

Yep, I'd be in at that price. I've been doing some time checks recently, and the most consistently accurate of my collection the Bremont Norton, slightly better than the SD4000. Wears well too.

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Yep, I'd be in at that price. I've been doing some time checks recently, and the most consistently accurate of my collection the Bremont Norton, slightly better than the SD4000. Wears well too.
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been pining for another Bremont ever since I sold my Supermarine S2000 (big regret). I might try my luck and see if I can get some discount. I guess you don't ask you don't get

Master
    Completely disagree, I've met both brothers and they came across very well indeed. Yes they have made some mistakes but who hasn't when launching a brand. Overall what they have achieved is impressive and some of the watches they produce are superb.
    Completely agree with you Andy, have been to several of their Mayfair boutique events and they are always there and very friendly and modest for what they have achieved. I very nearly bought an S2000 but went for a second hand S500 instead, fantastic watch.
    We have some very similar watches, I have the same Aquaracer chrono you are selling, another cackling watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Completely agree with you Andy, have been to several of their Mayfair boutique events and they are always there and very friendly and modest for what they have achieved. I very nearly bought an S2000 but went for a second hand S500 instead, fantastic watch.
    We have some very similar watches, I have the same Aquaracer chrono you are selling, another cackling watch!
    Thanks Paul. Not a lot of interest for the Aquaracer on SC unfortunately but sold elsewhere. I'm going to miss it but a couple of new ones coming in so it had to go!

We will have to agree to disagree on that part. I see similarities, they are not identical but there are similar aspects to both watches (which you could say about many) when I first saw it I thought JSAR. That is all.
    Should have gone to Specsavers

I think at £2750 it would be a buy. I'm sure O paid a fair bit more than that for my Terra Nova new, £4495 rrp on rubber rings a bell, but I could be out though.

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com

Bremont Endurance

OTT design, advertising full of superlatives, celebrity names, company endorsements, sporting connections, great photography.

They have off the shelf Standard or modified movements, some have good decoration, but make spurious claims, but with disingenuous information.

Overhyped reputation engendered by all of above leads to prices akin to those inflated by reputation unwarranted akin to Sicura aka Breitling ie, undeserved!!

These watches really should be priced around half what is being charged. They have no true heritage. There is nothing special about them, their casemaking or movements. They are not innovative in any way. the design has no integrity, it is dishonest. the design cue's are taken from established aviation and naval iconography. Any art student could do similar work by looking through military history books.

The brand claims it's 'heritage' from Aviation and Naval history!! The brand isn't old enough to have any heritage.

Timefactors watches can claim real heritage. Eddie's watches are probably better made and engineered, probably better developed, have custom made casework, some have COSC movements, some have specially developed movements. None cost more than £2000, and in my honest opinion, none of Bremont's watches look as good as either of the Dreadnoughts!!

There are other Boutique brands that cost a lot less which also have production standards as high as Bremont, brilliant design, and true functionality, which also are bargains in comparison.

I have nothing against Bremont, and I'm not for a moment saying that they are not good watches. They are merely average watches, at above average prices, with below average (in my opinion) design integrity.

Christopher Ward seems to be, in my opinion headed in the same direction.

These are boutique brands acting and charging like Swiss ‘heritage’ brands, and don’t get me started on this lot!!!!!
    Last edited by doug darter; 9th March 2018 at 09:23.

Master
    ^^^ I wouldn’t have spent so much time expressing why these are second rate watches (you either see it or you don’t), but I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by doug darter View Post

I have nothing against Bremont, and I'm not for a moment saying that they are not good watches. They are merely average watches, at above average prices, with below average (in my opinion) design integrity.
    You write 7 paragraphs completely destroying the brand criticising every aspect of their watchmaking and end by saying 'I have nothing against Bremont'.

You clearly have a deep personal issue with the brand and while some of what you have said is barely reasonable most is utterly ridiculous and completely subjective.

Bremont make some of the most interesting watches in terms of looks which at least demonstrate some personality compared to the usual bland dross most people tend to go for on here.

Master
    [QUOTE=doug darter;4695210]OTT design, advertising full of superlatives, celebrity names, company endorsements, sporting connections, great photography.

Standard movements, good decoration, spurious claims, disingenuous information.

Overhyped reputation engendered by all of above leads to prices akin to those inflated by reputation ... QUOTE]

I think you've just described pretty much every brand flogging their "unique, individually handcrafted luxury (blah, blah, blah - insert your own guff) timepieces".

With cost mark-ups of what(?), 8x plus, on luxury watches, the only question to ask is how much you're prepared to spunk in return for your/others' perception of the brand.

Oh great, another Bremont thread is dragged into the gutter by a bunch of groundless invective being directed at them.
    I grow weary of this stuuf, I really do.
    D

Master
    Blog Entries
    The case design is one of the most innovative of recent times.