closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TakeTime Project

Master
    Blog Entries
    Excellent!
    I understand that the new strap is courtesy of Eddie? Many thanks to the boss man if so.

Master
    I'm incredibly late to the party here but I'll be in Paris beginning of next month, Cyprus last week of November, Hamburg in January, Dubai next March and Las Vegas next April, with a strong possibility of trips to Zurich and Milan before Xmas. Don't ask. And I spend most of my time at home in the South of France or Cambridge, so feel free to take your pick.

SGR

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Excellent!
    I understand that the new strap is courtesy of Eddie? Many thanks to the boss man if so.
    Fortunately happened to be at Eddies and he (as usual) was only too pleased to help us.

Unfortunately for me I managed to leave my iPad in Cyprus, it has a few good pictures on it so until that arrives back with me I only have phone pictures to review and upload, anyway first up I would like to thank pilot Charlie Manning of Jet2.com for loading us into the FMS for the return journey back to the UK, and a most enjoyable time on the flight deck...

The watch wears a bit big on the ancient limb of this Pinus Nigra...

Last edited by inspector gadget; 14th October 2018 at 09:24.

Not as high as some of its previous locations but without getting arrested by the military this was as far up as I dared go...

A mere couple of thousand years between them... Roman mosaic floor at the Tombs of the Kings Pafos

Arrival in Cyprus courtesy of Jet2.com

Master
    Blog Entries
    Updated website at last.

Watch currently covered over 55,000 miles over 14 countries in the hands of 13 people.

Next adventure is Madagascar then a cruise to Cambodia / Malaysia.

Matthew's sister got married on the weekend and it was proudly worn by her husband Stephen :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Today marks 12 months since Matthew's passing.
    The project rolls on in his memory and I'm proud to be part of it.

As my words are insufficient, I'll instead borrow these from my cousin;

"December 8, 2017
    At 21.41 on Wednesday I had the absolute privilege of being at your side while you took your final breath and left us to go on your greatest adventure yet. And there was no more pain, and no more fear. Only a room full of love and your angry ginger cat with its worryingly human face fiercely guarding you at the foot of your bed.
    I'm so glad that you don't have to fight any more. My God you fought!
    You had such big dreams and you were always so sad that you couldn't achieve the things you had always hoped to.
    They say that life is what happens when you're making other plans, and although your plans didn't quite come together as you had hoped, in your 28 years you have achieved so much more. Your quiet acts of kindness, your selflessness and dignity in the face of the worst adversity, the way that you would always turn a question of "how are you?" around to the asker so that you didn't have to tell them how you REALLY were. You cared so much about other people. Your heart was just massive (I hate saying WAS!!) my heart is broken into a million pieces, but I will dust myself off and I will put them back together because I will not waste a moment. None of us should waste a moment.
    I don't think that you ever really knew how amazing you were in this life, I can only hope that you do now.
    I love you so much brother. I will teach my children to be brave and kind and gracious just like their Matthew. I know that you are up there somewhere beautiful, and that you are running through fields with zero pain and your lungs full of breath.
    I'll see you in the upside down my love xx #inomniaparatus"

Rest in Peace Matthew.

Apprentice
    Fine words from your cousin there.

The watch should be back from Madagascar this week, I'll make sure it gets back to you ASAP.

Sent from my SGP311 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Amazing thread - what a story....well done everyone involved!