closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio GW-M5610-1ER

Master

Casio GW-M5610-1ER

Just been searching for a square g shock for my next beater and found this gw-m5610-1er in Argos. £79.99 for tough solar and multi band 6, seems like a decent price to me (especially seeing as I have some Nectar points that won't be getting used on anything else). Anybody got one and if so is it worth it or do i put a bit more in and buy the gw 5000 1jf?

Master
    I think the GW-5000 looks better and I prefer the slight extra weight but you can’t go wrong with either really. It’s certainly hard to rationally justify paying double for the 5000 when they essentially fill the same function but the 5000 has a certain something that the 5610 doesn’t (in my humble opinion obviously).

I have one - it’s pretty well known as the best ‘basic’ solar atomic G - and imho it’s a great watch. G shocks are made to be abused, and because of the plastic case construction (as opposed to the steel 5000) these are light, cheap and virtually indestructible. Mine synchs every night, is clear to read and has every function you’ll need. Must wear it more often!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The watch is utterly brilliant, and an icon. I paid a little less than this at WatchShop. They are the same money, but if you go to the site they usually offer you a voucher which lowers the cost a little. WSVOC12 gives you 12% off that, so £70.38

Dave

Master
    Thanks for the replies, just been doing a bit if reading about it and all reviews pretty much agree that it's a great watch for the price. Already own a G Shock as a beater but no harm in buying another! Do like the look if the 5600 slightly more but thinking it's not worth the extra.
    Argos here I come.........tomorrow when it's open that is🤔

Master
    Hard to fault: comfortable, neat, tough, accurate, classless, convenient, credible, tasteful. Buy it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    The watch is utterly brilliant, and an icon. I paid a little less than this at WatchShop. They are the same money, but if you go to the site they usually offer you a voucher which lowers the cost a little. WSVOC12 gives you 12% off that, so £70.38

Dave
    Thanks for tje heads up Dave but I'll put some Nectar points towards it so will be around £50 from Argos.

Master
    I've had both this and a 5000 and I personally prefer the 5000 (still have one). For me the quality of the strap and case material is the biggest and best difference and worth the extra money alone. Plus the monochrome styling on the face is a little more subtle. But, the 5610 is certainly a lot of watch for that money. Another alternative is the DW-5600 which isn't solar, and isn't 'atomic', but it was NASA qualified ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I picked up one from Argos before Christmas. Had lots of wear since. Made me wonder why I need any other watches for a while.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    I think the GW-5000 looks better and I prefer the slight extra weight but you can’t go wrong with either really. It’s certainly hard to rationally justify paying double for the 5000 when they essentially fill the same function but the 5000 has a certain something that the 5610 doesn’t (in my humble opinion obviously).
    Well put. I felt the exact same way and hence after a 1 day ownership of the M5610 I now have a 5000 that’s stayed so far for a good few months.

Master
    I've got one. Bought it in Argos and paid a little bit less than that 18 months ago. You can pick up the stealth version from The Watch Hut for £60 at the moment.

Wouldn't be without mine. It's my bomb-proof every day reference watch.

I’ve had a few GW-M5610-1ER and it is a great watch. Only thing to watch out for is the digital display is sometimes misaligned - sometimes the horizontal line at the bottom of the display is well off compared to the case. For this reason better to buy from Argos so you can check it first.

Master
    Had a look today but seemed a bit small even though I know it's not exactly a small watch. Anybody got a wrist shot on a 7.5 inch wrist (or close to)?
    Will call back in tomorrow when I've more time and try it on. Do love the classic styling of it.

Blog Entries

Casio GW-M5610-1ER

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Had a look today but seemed a bit small even though I know it's not exactly a small watch. Anybody got a wrist shot on a 7.5 inch wrist (or close to)?
    Will call back in tomorrow when I've more time and try it on. Do love the classic styling of it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post

Thanks very much for that it looks great. Will definitely be trying it on tomorrow.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Just been searching for a square g shock for my next beater and found this gw-m5610-1er in Argos. £79.99 for tough solar and multi band 6, seems like a decent price to me (especially seeing as I have some Nectar points that won't be getting used on anything else). Anybody got one and if so is it worth it or do i put a bit more in and buy the gw 5000 1jf?

Looks like i will have to get one.

7.25" wrist here.

I have both the 5610 and the 5000. The 5610 is my sports/knocking around the house watch and is easily the most worn watch that I own, the 5000 is worn when I fancy something smarter. As for the size, they do wear smaller than the average G however once on the wrist it only takes a period of acclimatisation to mentally adjust to it.

Craftsman
    These are phantastic, if I could own only one watch this would be it. The only slight issue I have with it is the display not being legible without having to twist the wrist. It would have been much better if the bottom part of the LCD was tilted slightly towards the bottom of the case.

Craftsman
    Good price everybody should have one.

You can't deny the technical capabilities of the GW-M5610, but the GW-5000 is much nicer to wear, especially on the combi.
    I personally don't like the dial surround and the red line of the GW-M5610, so I have the GW-S5600-1JF with the titanium case back.
    It's great but in my view, little trumps the GW-5000.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    You can't deny the technical capabilities of the GW-M5610, but the GW-5000 is much nicer to wear, especially on the combi.
    I personally don't like the dial surround and the red line of the GW-M5610, so I have the GW-S5600-1JF with the titanium case back.
    It's great but in my view, little trumps the GW-5000.

I don’t mind the red line /dial surround as it’s a reminder of the 1983 original