closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next purchase to make a 3 watch collection

I have done the Rolex/Omega thing and as amazing as they all were I feel a lot more comfortable with my current 3 watches

Sarb035
    6309 7049
    GW 5610

The Seiko Landmaster for me.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I have done the Rolex/Omega thing and as amazing as they all were I feel a lot more comfortable with my current 3 watches

Sarb035
    6309 7049
    GW 5610
    What’s the 2nd watch? I like the Sarb035 and I had a GW5610 but now have the GW5000-1JF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    The Seiko Landmaster for me.

What’s the size?

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    This is my 3 watch collection.

I fancied a G SHOCK and that one is class

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    What about best of British bremont Supermarine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    What’s the size?

40mm IIRC. Love mine and think it'd go well with what you are looking for.

Apprentice
    I have looked at the Sinn 104 so I might have to find an AD to try on.

do you know of any Sinn ADs in the UK where you can physically try on the watches?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Might be a daft question but is the Sinn 104 a diver? I'd always thought it was more of a pilots/aviation watch?
    definitely pilots watch, but 200m WR and good legibility at least ticks some of the diver boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jklee369 View Post
    Try NTH, I like the Nacken Modern Blue
    do you own one? I've been flitting between this and a ginault ocean rover.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonyd View Post
    do you know of any Sinn ADs in the UK where you can physically try on the watches?
    I haven’t come across one.

Craftsman
    Omega Seamaster 300M

Journeyman
    I have looked at the Sinn 104 so I might have to find an AD to try on.
    Unfortunately Sinn ADs are few and far between. Page and Cooper in Elstree near Watford, and Jura/Sellors in Leeds. Anyone know of others?

The best <£1000 diver I owned was an Eterna kontiki 1973 LE. Grab one while you can.

Skx007, or maybe a Sinn or Damasko

I'm going through a similar conundrum - I have a LV Sub that I bought a good few years ago for not very much at all and a military Breitling Aerospace.

Both have been my daily watches for the last 15 years for the Breitling and 8 years for the Sub but are both now past daily duties. The Breitling, like Gizmo, can't go near water. The LV Sub is now worth too much to reasonably dig the garden, fix the car or take on holiday and play on the beach.

So I now need a daily but after years of wearing nice watches I can't bring myself to get a Casio or some other true beater. So my current thinking is get a current watch that is replaceable if it were to get damaged/lost/nicked, Spend £2 - £3k.

I would like a Rolex sports but that would be £5k+ which is silly for a everyday watch plus I already have a Rolex.

So currently thinking a Omega Planet Ocean. My wife has an Omega but I don't currently have one. I had the Seamaster Bond years ago but part ex-ed it for my wife's engagement ring a decade ago. Quality will be up their with my sub and "good" enough that I could wear it to work and not get sniffy comments from the Sales team ;)

So if anyone has a Planet Ocean they want to move on.......

Craftsman
    I would be saving an extra £600 and stretch to the forum favourite, the Omega SM300 2254.50. It wears small and is just an amazing watch frankly.

But if you're sticking to the criteria mentioned in the OP, I would go for the Steinhart Titanium 500 Premium and put the rest of the funds in the bank for the sub. https://www.steinhartwatches.de/de/t...0-premium.html

Master
    If this is a holiday watch you may want something that is robust with decent WR, great lume, yet unpretentious - good for the beach / restaurant / travel / waking up in the middle of the night in timezone several hours from home. I find when travelling that a date is handy - and sometimes a day, too, since it's easy to lose track when out of your usual routine.

For myself, it would be a choice between one of three or four watches:

Omega Seamaster GMT 2234 or Omega Seamaster Quartz 2264
    CWC Day/Date Diver
    Seiko SRP777 Diver

I've included the 2234 GMT version because it's a great watch, but it's beyond your budget. But for your money I'd be getting a used 2264 quartz. I've had mine for about 7 years, and thoroughly enjoy it. It has the very handy quickset hour hand - which jumps it back or forward an hour at a time, like a Rolex or Omega GMT, so you can reset it as you cross timezones, without hacking the watch. 300m WR, robust great lume and only 10.5m thick, which means you're less likely to bang it on anything. Looks good on bracelet, rubber or a NATO nylon strap:

The CWC comes in quartz and auto versions - the original no-date quartz version is perhaps the better looking, but for travel I'd probably go for the version with the day and date for the reasons above. They used to do a stainless version, but you can also get the black finish SBS version. They are cheap enough new to be well within your budget; robust, and the lume is superb. Used, you can get them for £3-£500.

Seiko SRP77X
    Day/date, great lume, robust automatic, with a choice of dial & bezel colours - this is the black SRP777. A bargain:

Journeyman
    Thanks for all the replies, in the end I went for the Seiko SKX013.

It accompanied me on my holiday and did all it needed to do. Worn 24 hours a day, visited the pool and beach. I think for now it will be my holiday watch but I’m definitely itching for something that is a little dressier than the Seiko. I’ll keep my eyes open for the next catch.

Thanks for all your help.