closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Worst watch you have ever purchased, expensive or cheap

Banned

Worst watch you have ever purchased, expensive or cheap

Mine was a brand i have never heard of called Orkina, bought from amazon. Cost me £10 and lasted 2 days before the second hand completely fell off. Also set it to the correct time on the date I got it and by the time it was midnight it was 3 hours fast. I guess paying good money for a watch is the best solution ;) anyone ever bought a mega expensive watch that was really bad ?

You're a tryer, I'll give you that.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Another one trying to accelerate your post count

Banned
    Don't be too quick to judge. Expensive watches sometimes turn out to be quite disappointing. There are endless stories about poor quality and bad service. These stories are quite helpful to those who are thinking about spending large amounts of cash on watches.

Master
    IWC ingeneur, lasted a week

Omega Bond smp. Couldn't stand the ugly unnecessary carbunkle on the side, the skeleton hands, and the wavy dial. The lume on my Orient Ray was better, and the bezel didn't line up. I thought I'd love it, but sold it within weeks.

For me it was the 116520 White dial Daytona. Loved the look of it off the wrist, on it was just disappointing. Sold it to trade and broke even. As a double smack in the balls it was discontinued shortly after, and prices hit the roof lol. Damn you Daytona!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrlx View Post
    For me it was the 116520 White dial Daytona. Loved the look of it off the wrist, on it was just disappointing. Sold it to trade and broke even. As a double smack in the balls it was discontinued shortly after, and prices hit the roof lol. Damn you Daytona!
    I am similar to you. I bought a 16520 Zenith Dayton two years ago and could never really take to it. I hung onto it to pass it to the kids when I meet my maker. That was good decision because the thing has recently rocketed in value. However the kids have now since told me that none of them like Rolex, so really I should be selling it but the investment factors makes that a difficult decision.

I don't think it's a bad watch, it's just that I like the others a lot more.

Tag Heuer F1 looked ok in the pictures on the net, hated it. Sold it the next day.

Not really a bad or worst watch, but I have a quartz rectangular Royal Oak in 18k gold with diamonds. I would call it a bad decision although it seemed like a “good deal” at the time. I haven’t worn it in years.

Mondaine Swiss railroad watch. Never ran properly, even after a movement swap. Waste of money, unfortunately.

Master
    Either one of the Benarus I bought or the Sinn U1 SDR.

Benarus: Pile of garbage.

Sinn: I must have had a dud because it was not nearly as good as I'd been led to believe

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ht=Worst+watch

There's a very extensive thread on the subject here. ^
    There's a search bar on the upper right of the page.

Master
    Pre-ceramic bezel Rolex sub non-date, sold within 1 day of receiving. Non solid bracelet end links, hollow links in the bracelet and cheap feeling clasp. Can’t see what the fuss is with this model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As my first ever watch purchase i bought some shiny Armani watch on a bracelet.

Paid about £200 at the time and thought it was the dogs.

Found it not long ago after a clear out and it is truly hideous!

Very cheap and falsely shiny!

Having seen what you can pick up for a couple of hundred quid on here it scares me that people still buy that sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by johant View Post
    Mondaine Swiss railroad watch. Never ran properly, even after a movement swap. Waste of money, unfortunately.
    The Stop2Go?

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    The Stop2Go?
    No, the first version. Bought it in the late eighties or so. Still in a desk drawer, but I haven't bothered with it for years.

Master
    I had one of the early Meistersinger single hand watches; never ran right, the odd and quirky look soon wore off, fairly average build quality. They may be better now?

Grand Master
    Most disappointing for me was a Seamaster 300 built from a NOS case (Watchco style). Kept it exactly one week then sold it on......most unlike me to do that but I knew I`d never get along with it.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

Ah yes C, but how do I increase my posts just be reading other people’s comments?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    AP Royal Oak 15400, never meet your heros.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    You're a tryer, I'll give you that.
    Don't be so harsh !

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pateklover View Post
    Mine was a brand i have never heard of called Orkina, bought from amazon. Cost me £10 and lasted 2 days before the second hand completely fell off. Also set it to the correct time on the date I got it and by the time it was midnight it was 3 hours fast. I guess paying good money for a watch is the best solution ;) anyone ever bought a mega expensive watch that was really bad ?
    Breitling Superocean Heritage- thought it looked good but too big for me plus scratched crown on one of the few occasions I wore it

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

I suppose if we look back to when we joined perhaps we also asked well trodden questions, think I may have asked which is best the MM300 v’s Sub!!

Really when your new to a forum it’s best to get involved with what’s already in topic than try to start up threads of your own, also if you want to get your post count up just get in a row with someone, seems to work with others!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I suppose if we look back to when we joined perhaps we also asked well trodden questions, think I may have asked which is best the MM300 v’s Sub!!

Really when your new to a forum it’s best to get involved with what’s already in topic than try to start up threads of your own, also if you want to get your post count up just get in a row with someone, seems to work with others!!
    I missed the bit where the Op said they posted this to get their count up? Perhaps they just wanted to ask the question?

My worst watch was a Vostok Amphibia, awful time keeping, the rotor fell off and one day the bezel fell off, bit fed up by then so I threw it away.
    Luckily it did not put me off Russian watches as I now have an excellent Poljot 3133 pilots.

Craftsman
    For me it was a Seiko SUN015 . . . Nothing to do with the watch mind it just looked utterly ridiculous on my wrist!!

To this day I have not got over the disappointment as I really love the look of it!!

R