closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 5513 advice

5513 advice

Hi all,
    I've seen a 5513 for sale, and although I've been dithering whether to buy one for ages, this is a tempting one.
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/sub...-id7487853.htm

I'm concerned about the fragility of the dial as it has a "hairline crack" for future services.
    It was serviced in Jan 17 though.

It has a superdome and looks like a good example...thoughts?

Master
    it's generally about the dial so with 3 declared defects, even though seemingly unable to capture in the sale shots, I would hold out for another one.
    Last edited by Bluetinfloor; 15th February 2018 at 20:11.

Craftsman
    With these things it's always a trade off. It just depends what you are after but for me the dial is the key part I wouldn't compromise on.

Blog Entries
    I’m no expert but I would question the insert.

Value of these?????? As a very informed member on here advised me on mine a few months ago, if the dial, hands and insert are the real deal and the case is sharp, five figures is achievable. If any of these are in question the value will plummet.

It took years for mine to pop up and my advice would be don’t compromise.

Pitch

Master
    The seller has been very up front with the issues in the description so that is good. Given the dial crack and bubbles I would not buy this one but then a completely clean one will cost more.

Thank you for all the feedback guys.
    It has suddenly been updated to reserved status.
    Anyone from here? ;-)

A salutary tale...

Wow I wonder if he got anywhere near his asking price with a watch with three IMO fairly serious flaws to the dial?

is 7500k really the market for a watch with such flaws in the dial that arguably adds most of the value? seems extremely strong money I would expect no dial issues for that money as a minimum.

I would have thought speculative at 4k with this damage mentioned. going to have to start babying my 5513 if these are appreciating like this.

OP I think you got lucky missing out on this one IMO but I maybe out of date with what flaws peop!e are now willing to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
    Wow I wonder if he got anywhere near his asking price with a watch with three IMO fairly serious flaws to the dial?

is 7500k really the market for a watch with such flaws in the dial that arguably adds most of the value? seems extremely strong money I would expect no dial issues for that money as a minimum.

I would have thought speculative at 4k with this damage mentioned. going to have to start babying my 5513 if these are appreciating like this.

OP I think you got lucky missing out on this one IMO but I maybe out of date with what flaws peop!e are now willing to accept.
    Agreed - bullet dodged IMO.