closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Podcasts

Craftsman

Podcasts

Are there any horology based or watch related podcasts that are any good about?

It's so I can start learning a bit more about the subject and new watches that are coming out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master

Worn and wound is quite good

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Worn and wound is quite good

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I listened to one of the first Worn & Wound pods. Knowledge and subject matter were never in doubt. But the two of them have awful voices. In particular the LA-style vernacular of going up at the end of sentences as if asking a question was incredibly irritating. Sometimes they did it in the middle of sentences. I simply couldn't carry on which is a shame as I thought it might be a great listen otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    In particular the LA-style vernacular of going up at the end of sentences as if asking a question was incredibly irritating. Sometimes they did it in the middle of sentences
    That's not LA, that's just anyone under 30?

Possibly. I'm 32 so if so that generational thing happened it happened quickly. None of my mates talk like that...though perhaps that's why they're not my mates...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Was listening to this one yesterday and quite enjoyed it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    I listened to one of the first Worn & Wound pods. Knowledge and subject matter were never in doubt. But the two of them have awful voices. In particular the LA-style vernacular of going up at the end of sentences as if asking a question was incredibly irritating. Sometimes they did it in the middle of sentences. I simply couldn't carry on which is a shame as I thought it might be a great listen otherwise.

That does my head in as well, but I'll give it a go anyway today.

Apprentice
    I've probably listened to most of the ones out there, and I think they're all awful. Such is the age we live in, where absolutely anybody can do a podcast, blog, youtube channel, etc. regardless of their level of experience, knowledge or credibility. It's why all this media is available for nothing; all you need is an internet connection. I especially enjoy podcasters telling how the Swiss need to run their businesses, because even though these podcasters and bloggers have no experience in watchmaking or running a businesses of any size (or even working in the industry for a real watch concern) they know best because, you know, they're "watch journalists." No wonder people are so incredibly misinformed about just about everything.

Podcasts

Not all podcast are just bloggers with no experience in the industry.

I have enjoyed listening to “keeping time with Oster watches” which is a podcast hosted by an English fellow named Jeremy Oster who I believe has worked in the watch industry all his life and owns/runs his own jewellers in the states.

Other watch related podcast that haven’t already been mentioned and may be worth a listen are (I’m not a fan of all of them):

On Time
    The Hour Time podcast
    Unwound
    Watch Geek time
    Two broke watch snobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off Hours' last couple are more wristwatch-focused than their earlier podcasts.

Craftsman
    There is one Podcast called "Two Broke Watch Snobs".... fair amount of bad language and they can go off topic.... but its something to listen to while commuting or at work.

I think Time4Apint has some really interesting people on the show.