Thread: Harry Kane

Harry Kane

8th hat trick of the year
    Amazing

Hope he takes that form to Russia

Craftsman
    He’s one of our own! COYS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a nice punt on him first goal scorer at 4/1...

Master
    Ironic when he should have been serving a 3 match ban!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...rrible-weekend

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Ironic when he should have been serving a 3 match ban!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...rrible-weekend
    That was an appalling assault, both he and Ali should have received straight red cards.

Kane seems able to be able to perform beyond the sum of his parts especially given his lack of pace.

Good open game today, and I predicted before kick off that he'd get another hat-trick. He's an unstoppable force right now.

Great player, will not be with the Spurs long, he needs to win silverware and that seems a way off at Tottenham.

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Great player, will not be with the Spurs long, he needs to win silverware and that seems a way off at Tottenham.
    CL this season, mate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    CL this season, mate.
    Tony

Whilst Kane was superb today especially his third you were helped by a Southampton defence that had more holes in it than a pair of fishnets and i reckon top four at best.
    However i cannot see him going anywhere else outside of the EPL and the wheels would really have to come of at Spuds for him go to another EPL side.
    Last edited by mart broad; 26th December 2017 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Tony

Whilst Kane was superb today especially his third you were helped by a Southampton defence that had more holes in it than a pair of fishnets and i reckon top four at best.
    Mart, considering it's our season without a home, I'd have taken that if offered. it was always going to be a battle.

He is a fantastic player. I had the privilege of watching Shearer throughout his career and Kane is, without the raw aggression, the best I’ve seen since him. Watch him closely; the way he moves around the pitch without the ball, the positions he takes up to receive it and of course, the way he finishes.

Unfortunately for Spurs fans he will have to leave if he has ambition to win things. Maybe, like Shearer, his ambition is to be a legend at the club he loves and therefore he might stay.

However if he does want to win trophies he will have to leave as Spurs will never be able to offer the opportunities that big clubs will to do that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Mart, considering it's our season without a home, I'd have taken that if offered. it was always going to be a battle.
    Even if we were at WHL, we still would not stop City

Blog Entries
    He looks like a horse and I don’t like Spurs is what I want to write, but, that would be hugely ungracious

I suspect he’s the the real deal, but, let’s see what he does in the summer... hugely impressive year for him

Will he go???

Craftsman
    Super Harry Kane. But Ali run the show today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Super Harry Kane. But Ali run the show today.
    Ali is hugely overrated IMHO. He has tonnes of potential, but his attitude on the pitch just does not look right. Loads of potential, but he has to nail down and prove it week in week out or he will risk being the next Ross Barkley, who Tottenham also want to buy.

Craftsman
    Ali is hugely overrated IMHO. He has tonnes of potential, but his attitude on the pitch just does not look right. Loads of potential, but he has to nail down and prove it week in week out or he will risk being the next Ross Barkley, who Tottenham also want to buy.
    Yep- the odd game where you fancy it and it is going your way isn't enough.

Back to Kane though, fair play to him, he has really developed as a player, something to look forward to at the world cup I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    That was an appalling assault, both he and Ali should have received straight red cards.

Kane seems able to be able to perform beyond the sum of his parts especially given his lack of pace.
    I had a whinge last week in the Slapping thread about Kane but on reflection I’d give him the benefit of the doubt for his lunge at Sterling ( remember him and the abuse he was given ?)😂😂
    He’s much more than a Goalscorer . His all round game is much better than he’s given credit for. The only worry I would have is how he would fit into a different set up.
    Wouldn’t fit at Gods own club, be wasted at United , Arsenal and Liverpool. Maybe Chelsea but they have a cracking No 9 in Morata.
    If he stays at Spurs beyond this season and they invest, then maybe they’ll challenge earlier, longer and stronger.

He's already said he will never leave Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    So he's gone in the summer then?

Craftsman
    Long time (suffering) Spurs supporter here. I think Harry’s a loyal guy but we still need to win silverware to keep him I suspect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    8th hat trick of the year
    Amazing

Hope he takes that form to Russia
    Don’t worry he won’t and he will crap in the England side as usual. It’s what great English strikers do in tournaments, with the exception of Liniker
    Last edited by hilly10; 27th December 2017 at 16:28.

Craftsman
    I confess that a couple of years ago I thought that he was an overrated flash in the pan, he has proven me wrong now.

I am a Crystal Palace supporter/season ticket holder, someone recently "bumped" a thread on a CPFC forum from three years ago when we were linked with him, it seems that quite a few others were equally wrong about him.

£100m plus £500k/week might change that.

Still Spurs might get Bale back

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

Still Spurs might get Bale back

Who when fit is a far better player to have in your team

2014/15 2nd top scorer.
    2015/16 top scorer.
    2016/17 top scorer.
    2017/18 leading goal charts.

Hardly a flash in the pan like me and a few others initially thought, still can’t believe Man Utd didn’t offer silly money instead of buying Lukaku...

Craftsman
    Steven Gerrard said on BT sport tonight that Harry Kane is world class. Taking his age (24) in to account over the other two plays messi and Ronaldo in my opinion he can stand on the same step.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Steven Gerrard said on BT sport tonight that Harry Kane is world class. Taking his age (24) in to account over the other two plays messi and Ronaldo in my opinion he can stand on the same step.
    Presumably Stevie's paid a tidy sum for saying obvious stuff like this.

Harry Kane

Well, at 24 Messi had won 17 titles, including five La Liga trophies and three Champions Leagues, as well as the FIFA World Youth Championship and Olympic gold with Argentina. Oh, and he’d won the ballon d’or twice (and won a further three since). Until Kane has lanywhere near matched this type of consistency he should never be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Messi and Ronaldo imho.

He’s a ‘world class’ player, granted (n.b whatever that means- does that mean ‘international class’ like the hundreds/ thousands of other internationals in world football?) but a fair way off Messi and Ronaldo in both talent and achievement. I think many others are closer, actually: De Bruyne, Salah, Neymar and Griezmann, for example

He is one of the best forwards around at the moment, and that hurts to write as a arsenal fan. Problem is unless spurs break their wage cap he wont stay and will leave with a few others. I can't see him every reaching the levels of messi, Ronaldo, neymer, suarez, aguero, etc, but he is only just below that level.

I can see him off to Real this summer or next

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    He is one of the best forwards around at the moment, and that hurts to write as a arsenal fan. Problem is unless spurs break their wage cap he wont stay and will leave with a few others. I can't see him every reaching the levels of messi, Ronaldo, neymer, suarez, aguero, etc, but he is only just below that level.

I can see him off to Real this summer or next
    As a Southend fan I'm neutral, but as I work in an office with Spurs and Arsenal fans I get to referee. Kane is simply the best English striker since Alan Shearer and may be even better than him. I thought Collymore would go on and be like Kane, but Stan's head was not right.
    Why would Kane leave Spurs to go abroad? He's played against Real Madrid and beaten them? He's seen Juventus close up? Barcelona is not for him. Unless the quality of team mates does not improve I think he will stay, so Arsenal fans need to get used to it. Kane is a modest man who will be mega rich staying in England long may it continue. As its good for the National side.

What I see only on the telly Kane is a better team player than Suarez, Aguero and Neymer only Messi, Ronaldo may add more?

Up the Shrimpers!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Well, at 24 Messi had won 17 titles, including five La Liga trophies and three Champions Leagues, as well as the FIFA World Youth Championship and Olympic gold with Argentina. Oh, and he’d won the ballon d’or twice (and won a further three since). Until Kane has lanywhere near matched this type of consistency he should never be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Messi and Ronaldo imho.

He’s a ‘world class’ player, granted (n.b whatever that means- does that mean ‘international class’ like the hundreds/ thousands of other internationals in world football?) but a fair way off Messi and Ronaldo in both talent and achievement. I think many others are closer, actually: De Bruyne, Salah, Neymar and Griezmann, for example
    He did win the ‘we beat Real Madrid cup’, ‘we finished above Arsenal once in twenty years title’ and the ‘we put a little bit of pressure on Leicester trophy! 🏆 …. Don’t forget those!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    As a Southend fan I'm neutral, but as I work in an office with Spurs and Arsenal fans I get to referee. Kane is simply the best English striker since Alan Shearer and may be even better than him. I thought Collymore would go on and be like Kane, but Stan's head was not right.
    Why would Kane leave Spurs to go abroad? He's played against Real Madrid and beaten them? He's seen Juventus close up? Barcelona is not for him. Unless the quality of team mates does not improve I think he will stay, so Arsenal fans need to get used to it. Kane is a modest man who will be mega rich staying in England long may it continue. As its good for the National side.

What I see only on the telly Kane is a better team player than Suarez, Aguero and Neymer only Messi, Ronaldo may add more?

Up the Shrimpers!
    I am sure Kane himself said earlier in the season that Spurs need to change the wage structure to stop top players leaving. Unfortunately the likes of Shearer who stayed and played for his childhood club seem to be long gone and they just want as much money as possible, Gerrard and Lampard are slightly different as they got massive pay packages and both won trophies.

Time will tell if Kane will stay or go for money, and either way he is a Arsenal fan so he could come to us

He's established himself as a top top top player, but not yet a top top top top top player.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...player-ratings

It's very difficult to compare different players in different positions and even styles, let alone players across different eras. Totally pointless but a bit of fun.

Messi is the GOAT in my opinion, but then he has never won a world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    He did win the ‘we beat Real Madrid cup’, ‘we finished above Arsenal once in twenty years title’ and the ‘we put a little bit of pressure on Leicester trophy!  …. Don’t forget those!
    Amusing....!!

However, I think you have a point - Spurs actually do need to win something - that'll do more to retain the likes of Kane more than the ££££££*

*to a point......

he is a Arsenal fan so he could come to us
    “It might sound ridiculous. I was only eight when they let me go, but every time we played them, I thought, ‘Alright, we’ll see who’s right and who’s wrong’.
    “Looking back on it now, [being released by Arsenal] was probably the best thing that ever happened to me because it gave me a drive that wasn’t there before. “
    "For me, the rejection is the best thing that ever happened to me. I remember walking round the pitch after the final whistle and clapping to the fans and it felt like, ‘well, I told you so’.
    “We were in the tunnel, and I thought, ‘Okay took me 12 years, but we’ll see who was right and who was wrong".

I bet who ever let him go keeps it to himself!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    “It might sound ridiculous. I was only eight when they let me go, but every time we played them, I thought, ‘Alright, we’ll see who’s right and who’s wrong’.
    “Looking back on it now, [being released by Arsenal] was probably the best thing that ever happened to me because it gave me a drive that wasn’t there before. “
    "For me, the rejection is the best thing that ever happened to me. I remember walking round the pitch after the final whistle and clapping to the fans and it felt like, ‘well, I told you so’.
    “We were in the tunnel, and I thought, ‘Okay took me 12 years, but we’ll see who was right and who was wrong".

I bet who ever let him go keeps it to himself!
    According to the Standard it was Liam Brady, who said he was "a bit chubby and wasn't too athletic".
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3764651.html

Master
    I am sure Kane himself said earlier in the season that Spurs need to change the wage structure to stop top players leaving. Unfortunately the likes of Shearer who stayed and played for his childhood club seem to be long gone and they just want as much money as possible, Gerrard and Lampard are slightly different as they got massive pay packages and both won trophies.

Time will tell if Kane will stay or go for money, and either way he is a Arsenal fan so he could come to us
    I'd imagine a fair few players are looking at Kyle Walker and thinking "Hmm, big money move, big wages and about to win big time". I think Spurs blew their big chance when Leicester won the title. Not sure that it did not also show they did not have what it takes as a group to do it either.