timefactors watches

Thread: Banned from TWS, but still don't know why

Banned from TWS, but still don't know why

I was banned from TWF. I very much Parnis watches, and believe they represent great value for money. For some strange reason the members hate them, and they got quite rude and personal. I logged on one day to find I was banned, but still don't know why ?

There are some very childish members on that site

Master
    Keep going like you are on here and you he same fate will likely befall you. You were objectionable over there, clearly with an agenda to push a cheap and nasty Chinese brand which we assume you are importing or have a commercial interest in and you were binned. It isnít remotely a mystery why.

But you've been here before - the tells are there.

Quote Originally Posted by smogmonster View Post
    I was banned from TWF. I very much Parnis watches, and believe they represent great value for money. For some strange reason the members hate them, and they got quite rude and personal. I logged on one day to find I was banned, but still don't know why ?

It's because you were a whining, aggressive knob with a chip on your shoulder, and you seemed to think fake watches are a good thing. You were previously banned for the same reasons under another username. Is that enough to be getting on with?

Good luck on here

You don't know why?? Really...lol It is statements like that show your true colours ...

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It's because you were a whining, aggressive knob with a chip on your shoulder, and you seemed to think fake watches are a good thing. You were previously banned for the same reasons under another username. Is that enough to be getting on with?

Good luck on here
    Looking at your Avatar would indicate you either from the city where most watches are stolen, or someone who lives in the past and glory hunts. Either way, you are pretty sad. I am neither aggressive or do I have a chip on my shoulder. I have an understanding of what makes a decent watch, I don't care where it is made, and I don't care what is written on the dial. If there are any words you can't understand, please google them, or leave a message so I can explain

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    But you've been here before - the tells are there.
    That doesn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Keep going like you are on here and you he same fate will likely befall you. You were objectionable over there, clearly with an agenda to push a cheap and nasty Chinese brand which we assume you are importing or have a commercial interest in and you were binned. It isnít remotely a mystery why.
    So not true, I am my wife's favourite person, whether she chooses to admit or not. I have no problem with you being drawn in by brand names, and being prepared to pay over the top for substandard watches, but please allow me my pleasures. I look forward to our pleasurable debate, and hope we can meet up for afternoon tea some time

Looking at your Avatar would indicate you either from the city where most watches are stolen
    Oh dear

Master
    What make Parnis a decent brand? Designs, innovation, history?

Really, you don't know?

1. You joined under a new username after being banned last year. (Admin/owner verified it. You leave a digital trail on the Internet that you perhaps didn't know of.)
    2. You started promoting the same ideas -- why buy a name brand, the Chinese make copies that are just as good -- that are essentially prohibited on the forum. You've ALREADY DONE IT HERE.[1]
    3. When asked if it's you under a new name, you denied it. At least I think so.... :} OOPS. See #1 again.
    4. When the forum owner updated your avatar to indicate your sock puppet, you said "some dick head changed my avatar." Now really: you and I know that some random punk on the Internet couldn't do that to you, there's only one person on a forum who could and would do so, that's the admin or owner. Insult the owner or admin at your peril.

I suspect that you understood what was happening. If you really don't, seek medical help.

Again, the owner/admin here can easily determine if you're the same user as @Tocktick from last year, so if you think maybe just possibly you were here under a different username, just admit it and I'm sure you'll be forgiven.

[1]
    If the OP hadn't spent all that money on a watch, he could have bought a cheap car, and thus wouldn't have to use his bike for the forthcoming trip
    Hang on and you may get one for under £20
    May I suggest a different angle. I inadvertently purchased a speedy some years ago believing it was genuine. In fact, a local jeweller also believed it was real, and that is why I ended up buying it, so let's get things straight, I have never bought a fake watch intentionally, and would dearly love to get my hands around the neck of the bloke who sold it to me. So what is the different angle. Perhaps, just perhaps, if manufacturers such as Rolex can see that an almost identical watch can be manufactured for about 2% of the price, perhaps they may become more realistic in their pricing. It is morally wrong that a watch that costs them no more than a few hundred pounds to produce should end up retailing for £7k. Of course, their are endless amounts of people who have more money than sense who are prepared to buy these watches, but what's really sad is that are people who can't really afford them, but buy them all the same.
    Looking at your Avatar would indicate you either from the city where most watches are stolen, or someone who lives in the past and glory hunts. Either way, you are pretty sad. I am neither aggressive or do I have a chip on my shoulder. I have an understanding of what makes a decent watch, I don't care where it is made, and I don't care what is written on the dial. If there are any words you can't understand, please google them, or leave a message so I can explain

That doesn't make sense
    I donít know what moniker you went under before, and all the other accusations from people with more knowledge of the previous goings-on, are new to me, but I can safely say - that you have been registered to this forum before, and are back with a new Ďpersonaí and are now actively denying that......

As I said - the tells are there.

Had to check out Parnis. They look like Canal St. knockoffs that have been redialed.

Craftsman
    Parsnip.

Craftsman
    Here we go.....brace-yourselves.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

What sort of name is 'Parnis' anyways ??? If they had any brains they'd change the name to 'Penis' & I'd add a few to my collection

I was banned from TWF.
    Best thing that could have happened to you. I deliberately got myself banned in the end.

Agreed. Careful though: one of their erstwhile moderators is also active on this forum.

I have had a few Parsnips, they are good value watches for £50, and allowed me to get used to the PRS20 size and style before getting the full lume version.
    Manbushijie also sell a Courgette - to keep up with vegetable names.
    Last edited by Reeny; 25th February 2018 at 11:24.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    Manbushijie also sell a Courgette - to keep up with vegetable names.
    The name on that dial sounded more canine to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's rather ironic and humorous that whilst some of these cheap watches actually have silly names some of their vastly more expensive bretheren have sillier names invented for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko7A38 View Post
    Best thing that could have happened to you. I deliberately got myself banned in the end. Careful though: one of their erstwhile moderators is also active on this forum.
    Is Roy still interfering with members' PMs?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It's rather ironic and humorous that whilst some of these cheap watches actually have silly names some of their vastly more expensive bretheren have sillier names invented for them.
    Maybe they seem less silly if we franglicised them; Quermitte, Hulque, Mardi Rapide etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Is Roy still interfering with members' PMs?
    That wasn't my beef at the time (January 2012), but with his then newly-appointed c**t of an Admin - KrispyDK.
    I object to some 'newbie' (who knew b****r all), editing my posts, whilst hiding the fact they're doing so.
    It's still fairly commonplace on RLT, AFAIK.

That wasn't my beef at the time (January 2012), but with his then newly-appointed c**t of an Admin - KrispyDK. I object to some 'newbie' (who knew b****r all), editing my posts, whilst hiding the fact they're doing so. It's still fairly commonplace on RLT, AFAIK.
    As the Chinese say, a fish rots from the head down.

Banned from TWS, but still don't know why

That wasn't my beef at the time (January 2012), but with his then newly-appointed c**t of an Admin - KrispyDK.
    I object to some 'newbie' (who knew b****r all), editing my posts, whilst hiding the fact they're doing so.
    It's still fairly commonplace on RLT, AFAIK.
    Krispy hasnít been active in quite some time (at least, I havenít seen any posting activity). I was MIA while Krispy was active, so I can only judge the historic posts Iíve stumbled over, and wasnít impressed.

I donít see any indication of an admin or mod editing posts, so perhaps this was a personal conflict, not a widespread pattern of abuse. If anything, the staff have been slow to act when someone is being a flag-waving troll, not leaping to quick conclusions.

It appears that TockTick, TheMinute, Smogmonster (and any other names) has gone AWOL as well.