timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Smiths Everest PRS-25

All lume and 16mm for me.
    Lovely

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    If the bracelet is to taper to 16mm, it can't have the new clasp. Thoughts?

Eddie
    I'd go for aesthetics on this one and get the 16mm bracelet with the old clasp.

New clasp for me.

Apprentice
    All lume. By a mile. Or, for you folks, a couple of kilometers.
    Don't care about the bracelet taper; either is fine.
    Whichever clasp is smaller/slimmer.
    As to the blued hands. Might they be just a bit much? I've a SARB035 and the lumed silver hands are quite visible. While the blued hands on the AM look great, I wonder if they might make this watch look too 'busy.'

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I agree, vintage aesthetic prefers a greater taper to a smaller clasp (16mm), and this would definitely win over the slight functional addition of a variable clasp. I also think the variable clasp will look a little too thick (upwards from the wrist) for this smaller watch.
    Dave
    I also very much agree, the 36mm black dial version with a 20/16mm bracelet would be a rotation killer, an insta-buy for me.
    Last edited by Raymond47; Yesterday at 00:17.

Definitely taper to the 16mm for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond47 View Post
    I also very much agree, the 36mm back dial version with a 20/16mm bracelet would be a rotation killer, an insta-buy for me.
    I do agree, and a simple plain "old stile" clasp would add the cherry on the cake !

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    If the bracelet is to taper to 16mm, it can't have the new clasp. Thoughts?

Eddie
    I think it’s better on 16mm tappered bracelet. I thought nobody has done an updated version of the vintage rivet bracelet. 20-16mm would be perfect.

Btw, Eddie, can we have option to buy the rivet bracelet separately? I think I would buy a couple more for my other watches. I’m craving for good vintage rivet bracelet.

And dat white dial looks hottt! There’s nothing you should change about its design. Cream dial, c3 lume, black marker and blue hands (i have a felling they are those “heat treated blue” that look almost black). Absolutely killer!
    Last edited by forever8895; 13th November 2018 at 23:15.

Craftsman
    Dropped in after seeing the new prs on SC. It looks great, and was tempted but now I’ve read about a 36mm one I’m sold! Fingers crossed before Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The new clasp might be a bit 'heavy' for a 36mm watch head? The old Everest tapered 22/18mm, I believe, and that made it very comfy to wear, so 20/16mm would work well, I think.

I think the new clasp works on the new Everest at the size it is. The clasp is fairly tall, though, hence wondering it it might be a bit much for the smaller size. I don't imagine that height will be much less on a 18mm clasp vs. the 20mm on the new Everest.

Also, I hope Eddie keeps this with lumed hands. No lume and blued hands would take it closer to the 29AM visually, whereas the lume would distinguish it nicely.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    The new clasp might be a bit 'heavy' for a 36mm watch head? The old Everest tapered 22/18mm, I believe, and that made it very comfy to wear, so 20/16mm would work well, I think.

I think the new clasp works on the new Everest at the size it is. The clasp is fairly tall, though, hence wondering it it might be a bit much for the smaller size. I don't imagine that height will be much less on a 18mm clasp vs. the 20mm on the new Everest.

Also, I hope Eddie keeps this with lumed hands. No lume and blued hands would take it closer to the 29AM visually, whereas the lume would distinguish it nicely.

Exactly, this is the reason for which I propose a more "old style" clasp for the riveted 20/16mm bracelt, more in line with the look of the 36mm Everest (both black and white dial), like the following one.

Eddie waht do you think about it ?

Craftsman
    Old style clasps when they get older can more easily pop loose so for me they are not a good idea, but, it is not a deal breaker as i would not wear the watch for work so doubt that would ever be an issue. I just think they are a 'lesser' option on quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Old style clasps when they get older can more easily pop loose so for me they are not a good idea, but, it is not a deal breaker as i would not wear the watch for work so doubt that would ever be an issue. I just think they are a 'lesser' option on quality.

Actually both Meraud, as well as Baltic, for their dive watches use those kind of "old" clasp, as far as I understand the mechaninsm has been reinforced (this is what they told me) so no pop loose anymore.

Master
    Speaking just for myself and amending my earlier comment, I actually don't mind either taper/clasp as I'd wear the watch on leather or nato all the time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Speaking just for myself and amending my earlier comment, I actually don't mind either taper/clasp as I'd wear the watch on leather or nato all the time anyway.
    Pretty much this^^ the first time I wore my Submariner on a nato was a revelation, 1/3 the weight not so 'blingy' and much more comfortable, since then any watches I've bought with a bracelet have immediately been put on leather or nylon.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

This is a picture of one original old riveted bracelet, and this is exactly the kind of clasp I would like to have on the new Everest riveted 20/16 bracelet

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Actually both Meraud, as well as Baltic, for their dive watches use those kind of "old" clasp, as far as I understand the mechaninsm has been reinforced (this is what they told me) so no pop loose anymore.
    OK, a little intrigued now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluefish View Post
    At first I thought I didn't like the new dial (I have the original version.) But looking at it now, in the thread, it really seems quite nice. Darker black, longer minute hand, smaller hash marks (neutral for me..I love the original dial). But with a sapphire crystal now, it could be a daily wearer (I am brutal on my watches, banging them into doorframes, cabinets, etc. Woe be to acrylic crystals...mineral glass is just hopeless on my wrist.)

I was considering the 36, a bit small, but I thought it would work well with a suit. But I'd get a lot more wrist-time out of the larger PRS-25, and I am pretty content with my SARB035 as my "suit" watch. So, now I'm thinking I might just get the new PRS-25, and leave it on the bracelet.

BTW: I note the specs say the lume is C3, but in Kippax's pics, it looks pretty blue. (Maybe my monitor?) Is it perhaps BGW9? I'm fine either way, just wondering. Well, blue would be cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by rusv View Post
    Wow, excellent watch, definitely go on my wishlist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensa View Post
    Is that also the possible riveted bracelet??

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    Wow! And when can we expect this gorgeous creme dial blue-handed wonder to be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by derb.... View Post
    Great Idea! But i am afraid that the dial will be to colourful:

White / cream dial
    black indices
    C3 numbers
    blue hands

Maybe it's better to give the luminous numbers and triangle a miss and print them in black just as the AM. What do you think Eddie?
    Quote Originally Posted by acg2010 View Post
    With the rivet bracelet, taper to 16mm and the old clasp feels like it fits the aesthetic better. I'd go aesthetic over function on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNilsson View Post
    Agreed! Taper would weigh heavier than the easily adjustable clasp. I also vastly prefer a slim clasp..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by gokce View Post
    I'd go for aesthetics on this one and get the 16mm bracelet with the old clasp.
    All lume. By a mile. Or, for you folks, a couple of kilometers.
    Don't care about the bracelet taper; either is fine.
    Whichever clasp is smaller/slimmer.
    As to the blued hands. Might they be just a bit much? I've a SARB035 and the lumed silver hands are quite visible. While the blued hands on the AM look great, I wonder if they might make this watch look too 'busy.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond47 View Post
    I also very much agree, the 36mm black dial version with a 20/16mm bracelet would be a rotation killer, an insta-buy for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by forever8895 View Post
    I think it’s better on 16mm tappered bracelet. I thought nobody has done an updated version of the vintage rivet bracelet. 20-16mm would be perfect.

Btw, Eddie, can we have option to buy the rivet bracelet separately? I think I would buy a couple more for my other watches. I’m craving for good vintage rivet bracelet.

And dat white dial looks hottt! There’s nothing you should change about its design. Cream dial, c3 lume, black marker and blue hands (i have a felling they are those “heat treated blue” that look almost black). Absolutely killer!

Welcome to the forum gents. How about showing us what you have in your collections?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Welcome to the forum gents. How about showing us what you have in your collections?
    Hello! I have a very modest “collection”, and they are all microbrand watches: Aevig Valkyr, Armida A9, and an NTH Carolina limited ed for BSHT group over WUS. I’m mostly lurking over there. I came here since there was a thread about Explorer homage in 36mm. I think I may have found the right watch with this upcoming Everest. Quality and design wise, this might be the best Explorer homage since the MkII Vantage, which is sold out for a long time and rare as hens’ teeth!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    This is my humble collection. I'm waiting for the Baltic Aquascaphe preorder to open up and for the 36mm of this one to be ready so I can add those two. I love vintages, but the prices have gone crazy lately, so I'm loving the micros that are doing the homages to vintage watches right. The 36mm prs-25 looks like itll hit the sweetspot for my 1016 love.

Last edited by acg2010; Yesterday at 22:06.