Ho! Ho! Ho! (To coin a phrase.)

No! No! No! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Well, the 36mm was shipped to me today.

Eddie
    I'm more interested in the stowaway.

So we hope to see the real photos starting from end of next week ...

Eddie
    Well that's the most welcome news of the day. 2019 looking to be a great year already.

Thanks.

I read on the forum that you were on fire at the moment Eddie, have you been mixing the nitrous oxide with your nightcap recently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Shut up and take my money !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie
    Beauty!

Craftsman
    Awesome can't wait for it to be on site for sale . Hope you ordered enough pieces Eddie ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Oh man the 36mm looks awesome on the site Eddie.

And yes the dial printing is amazing.

Master

Although it doesn't look like it in the picture, the dial is the same colour as the PRS-29 Air Ministry.

Eddie
    Any thoughts on final production spec and availability, please, Eddie?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Anyone get their 36 yet? Let's see some pictures

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Any thoughts on final production spec and availability, please, Eddie?
    Current plans are in the dedicated thread, here.
    Last edited by Joppers; 4th January 2019 at 13:14.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensa View Post
    Anyone get their 36 yet? Let's see some pictures

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    See the dedicated 36mm thread. The watch looks great !

Craftsman
    If anyone wants a 40mm version, one has surfaced on eBay for Ł275 or best offer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202563388...84.m1436.l2648

Apprentice
    I bought my PRS25 a few days ago and have managed to ruin the bracelet. If anyone is selling theirs then please let me know! (A lot of you seem to prefer nato strap or leather)

Master
    Everyone stop ordering so quickly - I want a PRS-25 40mm and I keep missing the 15 second order window before Eddie has to close ordering again.... sigh... one day.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Everyone stop ordering so quickly - I want a PRS-25 40mm and I keep missing the 15 second order window before Eddie has to close ordering again.... sigh... one day.
    I was on the site mid morning yesterday and was able to add a Nato to my basket to check availability. I have to say I was surprised to be able to do so,
    F.T.F.A.

green ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S4WTO View Post
    I bought my PRS25 a few days ago and have managed to ruin the bracelet. If anyone is selling theirs then please let me know! (A lot of you seem to prefer nato strap or leather)
    I'm curious and please forgive me for asking but what happened causing it to break?

Sent via smoke signal using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    green ...
    It's been long enough since I read the complaints that I've completely forgotten what I'm supposed to have against the hands Ignorance is bliss, truly. I like how the strap brings out the green of the lume, very nice.

NICE. Green straps work well on the original mk 1 version I've always thought.

Master
    green ...

That suits it well - what strap is that?

Craftsman
    green ...

Great combination. same as a few others be interested to know what strap it is?

It’s a Vintage Canvas NATO by ZULUDIVER,
    from watchgecko. Army green. Very comfortable.

Craftsman
    Thanks I did wonder if it was one of those or a haveston strap

Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Thanks I did wonder if it was one of those or a haveston strap

The Haveston has a different shape to the non buckle end, and of course their excellent sliding keeper. I'm still on the fence about canvas straps in general, due to reservations about their longevity, ie how the material would handle the abrasion and very regular cleaning that quality Natos take without any problems. Also how well the stitched pin holes hold up.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    It's been long enough since I read the complaints that I've completely forgotten what I'm supposed to have against the hands Ignorance is bliss, truly. I like how the strap brings out the green of the lume, very nice.
    FWIW the debate about the dimensions of the hands concerned the 36mm version, and the one pictured here is the 40mm. The proportions of the hands in relation to the dial are different on the two versions.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The Haveston has a different shape to the non buckle end, and of course their excellent sliding keeper. I'm still on the fence about canvas straps in general, due to reservations about their longevity, ie how the material would handle the abrasion and very regular cleaning that quality Natos take without any problems. Also how well the stitched pin holes hold up.

Thank you. I had a look at both watch gecko and haveston I might pick one up when I get my hands on an Everest

Thank you. I had a look at both watch gecko and haveston I might pick one up when I get my hands on an Everest

Haveston have a Facebook page where owners have posted a lot of pictures of their straps on a very wide range of watches, useful to get an idea of how they look on different cases with different lugs.
    F.T.F.A.

FWIW I have tried both. The Haveston is the better strap. The material is nicer and the sliding keeper is a must have once you've tried it. I found the keepers much too shallow on the WG to easily tuck in excess strap - a PITA and a design fault that would result in too much wear to the end of the strap in no time, not to mention the frustration...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    FWIW I have tried both. The Haveston is the better strap. The material is nicer and the sliding keeper is a must have once you've tried it. I found the keepers much too shallow on the WG to easily tuck in excess strap - a PITA and a design fault that would result in too much wear to the end of the strap in no time, not to mention the frustration...
    So you can definitely tuck back the excess end with the Harveston canvas strap? I have a couple of the nylon ones and do this all the time, so everything is contained under my wrist. I think I'll now add a canvas one to the mini-collection if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryTDM View Post
    So you can definitely tuck back the excess end with the Harveston canvas strap? I have a couple of the nylon ones and do this all the time, so everything is contained under my wrist. I think I'll now add a canvas one to the mini-collection if this is the case.

The point of the sliding keeper on a Haveston is that you don't fold and tuck any excess as the keeper slides along the strap to contain the free end. Look at post #27 here , where I put some pictures and measurements. I used my Fortress strap in the pictures, which is the "old" 2 piece style (I think they still have some left) but they are now a single pass through style with no "extra bit".
    F.T.F.A.

The point of the sliding keeper on a Haveston is that you don't fold and tuck any excess as the keeper slides along the strap to contain the free end. Look at post #27 here , where I put some pictures and measurements.
    Thanks you had mentioned on that post that wrist sizes less than 6.5” would have to trim or tuck , so for people in that boat the sliding keeper may not be as helpful.

Apprentice
    The point of the sliding keeper on a Haveston is that you don't fold and tuck any excess as the keeper slides along the strap to contain the free end. Look at post #27 here , where I put some pictures and measurements. I used my Fortress strap in the pictures, which is the "old" 2 piece style (I think they still have some left) but they are now a single pass through style with no "extra bit".
    Thanks for the post, but you misunderstood me. I know the sliding keeper can contain the free end, I just don't like the free end ending up near the 12 o'clock position (I have thin wrists). Which is why I always tuck mine back into the sliding keeper which I position about 2 cms from the fixed one (i.e. both are under the wrist). That way, when looking down at the watch, I can not see either the floating keeper or any of the excess strap. This method is also shown on the Haveston website instructions

My original question was whether the canvas material was sufficiently pliable to be folded back on itself in the same manner, or is it too stiff?

Sorry for the hijack of the original post.
    Last edited by JerryTDM; 2nd February 2019 at 15:09.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryTDM View Post
    Thanks for the post, but you misunderstood me. I know the sliding keeper can contain the free end, I just don't like the free end ending up near the 12 o'clock position (I have thin wrists). Which is why I always tuck mine back into the sliding keeper which I position about 2 cms from the fixed one (i.e. both are under the wrist). That way, when looking down at the watch, I can not see either the floating keeper or any of the excess strap. This method is also shown on the Haveston website instructions

My original question was whether the canvas material was sufficiently pliable to be folded back on itself in the same manner, or is it too stiff?

Sorry for the hijack of the original post.
    With the single piece pass through style of the Havestons you can position the free end out of sight. However it's such low profile compared to the bulk of tucking in that you may not need to.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    I'm curious and please forgive me for asking but what happened causing it to break?

Sent via smoke signal using Tapatalk
    I was modifying the last link of the bracelet to work with the micro adjustments on the clasp(which I successfully managed to do), but I had clamped the link in my vice too tightly and slightly squashed the threaded hole for the screw. I’ve managed to fix it enough to wear it, but would like a new end link(clasp end).

Journeyman

I'm wondering about those haveston strap, is it a one piece buckle (as per NATO spec) or does the buckle have a springbar ?

Quote Originally Posted by sidh View Post
    I'm wondering about those haveston strap, is it a one piece buckle (as per NATO spec) or does the buckle have a springbar ?
    I have three, all 22mm (Carrier, Fortress, M1936-B). They use a springbar, but they aren't drilled through. They are switched between an original Everest and a Voyager.
    Last edited by magirus; 5th February 2019 at 15:39.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice

Unhappy I see Eddie has changed the PSR-25 Everest

Now a newer style ratchet type clasp. I feel the original clasp matched its retro look well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by safetypro79 View Post
    Now a newer style ratchet type clasp. I feel the original clasp matched its retro look well.

- - - Updated - - -
    If you're interested in more of a vintage feel you might want to look at the 36mm versions due later this year which will have rivetted bracelets tapering to 16mm, with traditional clasps. These are 'vintage white' dialled, one in the 1016-inspired Everest style and one based on design cues from Smiths' own heritage (the Everest Expedition model). See the dedicated thread for discussion of these.

The current run of black-dialled 36mm Everests has the adjustable clasp but if it sells out then Eddie has said any further models will feature the new rivetted bracelet too.

I don't have the larger Everest model but I'd have thought the adjustable clasp would be more appropriate on it than on the 36mm version. The clasp is really quite bulky, albeit well made, and I think it's fair to say that it hasn't had a very positive reception amongst owners of the 36mm watch.
    Last edited by TF23; 6th February 2019 at 00:25.

Journeyman
    I have three, all 22mm (Carrier, Fortress, M1936-B). They use a springbar, but they aren't drilled through.[...].
    Thank you very much for this info

Journeyman

- - - Updated - - -
    I ordered a prs-25 yesterday (and my first TF watch too ;) ), on pictures the clasp looks like the ratchet clasp StrapCode provides on some models (I have a Endmill with this clasp), let's see how it goes when I receive it !

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    If you're interested in more of a vintage feel you might want to look at the 36mm versions due later this year which will have rivetted bracelets tapering to 16mm, with traditional clasps. These are 'vintage white' dialled, one in the 1016-inspired Everest style and one based on design cues from Smiths' own heritage (the Everest Expedition model). See the dedicated thread for discussion of these.

The current run of black-dialled 36mm Everests has the adjustable clasp but if it sells out then Eddie has said any further models will feature the new rivetted bracelet too.

I don't have the larger Everest model but I'd have thought the adjustable clasp would be more appropriate on it than on the 36mm version. The clasp is really quite bulky, albeit well made, and I think it's fair to say that it hasn't had a very positive reception amongst owners of the 36mm watch.
    BTW does someone with a 8 - 8.5" wrist hat bought the 36mm version of the prs-25, if so, post a wristshot please ? I'm convinced 38-39mm diameter (without crown) is the lowest I can go with my wrist size, but I may be wrong ;)

Apprentice

Nice watch the 36 mm..but

A bit too small for my tastes. The riveted bracelet is quite retro looking, but a bother to change links.

I am surprised Eddie has not reached out the the bracelet manufacturers of NTH (Janis Trading Co) Borealis and Steinhart to use the much easier single head screws they all use in the bracelets

A bit too small for my tastes. The riveted bracelet is quite retro looking, but a bother to change links.

I am surprised Eddie has not reached out the the bracelet manufacturers of NTH (Janis Trading Co) Borealis and Steinhart to use the much easier single head screws they all use in the bracelets

As far as I understand, also the next PRS-25 riveted bracelet will actually have a single screw per link in order to allow easy resizing operation.

Apprentice

Exclamation I see from Timefactors site. PRS-25/36 mm

Appears your correct on the single headed screws on the bracelet from the stock photos. I also see from the stock photos of the crown tube is much thicker than the 40 mm model

Journeyman
    Just received the PRS-25 today , first try with a parachute webbing strap (Erika MN strap - like ) not so bad

Master
    Had my 40mm for a few weeks now. Bought a few rubber straps and a buckle for my breitling, some of the straps are 22mm so thought I’d give this a go.

Uses the smiths buckle from the original bracelet.

A bit on the tight side but I can always let the buckle out a bit.
    Also have a rubber rally style that I might try as well.

Far more casual than the bracelet but I do rather like it.

Journeyman

Question

Those who got the original PRS-25 with the acrylic glass - what are your experince with the acrylic glass?