closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths Everest PRS-25

Hybrid View

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Don’t be a sissy with your noisy rotor and show me an in depth review of the 9015’s problems. ETA’s Valjoux 7750 is even noisier and used by all sorts of high end brands. 9015=reliable and needs little maintenance.
    It's about peronal preference, not how much of a neanderthal you have to be.

Apprentice

Unhappy I see Eddie has changed the PSR-25 Everest

Now a newer style ratchet type clasp. I feel the original clasp matched its retro look well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by safetypro79 View Post
    Now a newer style ratchet type clasp. I feel the original clasp matched its retro look well.

- - - Updated - - -
    If you're interested in more of a vintage feel you might want to look at the 36mm versions due later this year which will have rivetted bracelets tapering to 16mm, with traditional clasps. These are 'vintage white' dialled, one in the 1016-inspired Everest style and one based on design cues from Smiths' own heritage (the Everest Expedition model). See the dedicated thread for discussion of these.

The current run of black-dialled 36mm Everests has the adjustable clasp but if it sells out then Eddie has said any further models will feature the new rivetted bracelet too.

I don't have the larger Everest model but I'd have thought the adjustable clasp would be more appropriate on it than on the 36mm version. The clasp is really quite bulky, albeit well made, and I think it's fair to say that it hasn't had a very positive reception amongst owners of the 36mm watch.
    Last edited by TF23; 6th February 2019 at 00:25.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    If you're interested in more of a vintage feel you might want to look at the 36mm versions due later this year which will have rivetted bracelets tapering to 16mm, with traditional clasps. These are 'vintage white' dialled, one in the 1016-inspired Everest style and one based on design cues from Smiths' own heritage (the Everest Expedition model). See the dedicated thread for discussion of these.

The current run of black-dialled 36mm Everests has the adjustable clasp but if it sells out then Eddie has said any further models will feature the new rivetted bracelet too.

I don't have the larger Everest model but I'd have thought the adjustable clasp would be more appropriate on it than on the 36mm version. The clasp is really quite bulky, albeit well made, and I think it's fair to say that it hasn't had a very positive reception amongst owners of the 36mm watch.
    BTW does someone with a 8 - 8.5" wrist hat bought the 36mm version of the prs-25, if so, post a wristshot please ? I'm convinced 38-39mm diameter (without crown) is the lowest I can go with my wrist size, but I may be wrong ;)

Apprentice

Nice watch the 36 mm..but

A bit too small for my tastes. The riveted bracelet is quite retro looking, but a bother to change links.

I am surprised Eddie has not reached out the the bracelet manufacturers of NTH (Janis Trading Co) Borealis and Steinhart to use the much easier single head screws they all use in the bracelets

A bit too small for my tastes. The riveted bracelet is quite retro looking, but a bother to change links.

I am surprised Eddie has not reached out the the bracelet manufacturers of NTH (Janis Trading Co) Borealis and Steinhart to use the much easier single head screws they all use in the bracelets

As far as I understand, also the next PRS-25 riveted bracelet will actually have a single screw per link in order to allow easy resizing operation.

Apprentice

Exclamation I see from Timefactors site. PRS-25/36 mm

Appears your correct on the single headed screws on the bracelet from the stock photos. I also see from the stock photos of the crown tube is much thicker than the 40 mm model

Journeyman

- - - Updated - - -
    I ordered a prs-25 yesterday (and my first TF watch too ;) ), on pictures the clasp looks like the ratchet clasp StrapCode provides on some models (I have a Endmill with this clasp), let's see how it goes when I receive it !