closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice on Seagull 1963 repair

Advice on Seagull 1963 repair

Should i whip the back off and have a look or send it for repair??
    Noticed last week that the watch didn't feel quite the same on winding! Anyway yesterday on closer inspection it is just not holding a wind.
    i.e. The crown unwinds itself after every revolution on winding.
    Any advice on what the issue might be would be greaty appreciated. I beleive that there are well known issues with the crown on these??

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

There is a common problem in these movements with the click spring. Have it repaired.

It sounds like the mainspring is fine if the crown rotates back, so probably an issue with ratchet/ click mechanism

100% the click spring has broken

Thanks for the info guys. Is this an expensive fix and any recommendations for where or who to carry out the work?

Quote Originally Posted by Lelykins View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. Is this an expensive fix and any recommendations for where or who to carry out the work?

No idea about who you should contact in the UK. Another movement can be had for peanuts through ebay. The repair shouldn't be expensive.

To resurrect an old thread. Any body recommend a repairer or does anyone know what movement i need?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have had one of these before, you are better off just buying a new movement from ebay or even getting a cheap chronograph with the same movement and using it. They are not very well made and a movement would cost less than the repair job.