closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Going for Gold - Day-Date ownership

Threaded View

Master

Going for Gold - Day-Date ownership

An earlier thread about the desire for some variety in an all-steel collection got me thinking about rejigging mine to include some gold. Might as well go the whole hog and go for yellow, even if it would be for special occasions rather than a regular wearer.

Yesterday I trooped over to Bond Street to try on a few yellow-gold Presidents. I prefer the champagne dial to a white one, though diamonds aren't my bag. My budget puts me firmly at the bottom end of the price range, so I'm looking at 70s or 80s models.

There are three variants that I'm interested in. The first is the Oysterquartz 19018; the second the standard issue with fluted bezel, 1803/18038; and the third the bark-effect bezel and centre link, which I think is the 18078.

I'd welcome in particular the opinions of owners, current or former, on the challenges of servicing of quartz versus older mechanical. Whether any oysterquartz owners regret not having the option of switching to a strap once in a while. And, with apologies, any thoughts on residuals. My resolution for 2018 is to flip less, but some habits die hard.

Thanks
    Last edited by NickRed71; 3rd February 2018 at 13:31.