closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Trip Advisor Review: Trying to Sell Fake Rolex, Greater M'cer & Merseyside 1/2/2018"

Great read - thanks for posting.

I’ve got a question about these fake warranty cards. It looks like a lot of trouble has gone into manufacturing a complete package to fool a buyer. Why do they miss off the UV stamp - is it very hard to produce?

Craftsman

Squabble

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Mate, I've got no 'dog' in this squabble, indeed I was about to suggest that folk give the 'new guy' a break, maybe just dropping the whole thing would be for the best, you've apologised, now let it go.

I have no squabble but appreciate that the lack of clarity in my original post caused Haywood to misinterpret the point I was looking to make and realising that, have apologised.

Unfortunately Wallasey Runner took this in another direction and I subsequently replied in the manner in which he commented, which was intentionally directed at him only!

Quite happy if the small barking dogs can now just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Are you for real?
    I would just ignore him, it is clearly sarky or grands back with another ID out to cause trouble.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Hmmm. One of the first forum rules there is that "amateur sleuthing for whatever reason is not allowed." I fear my first post there could be my last - unless my work is considered professional !
    I wouldn’t worry about posting on PH. It’s pretty crap over there now days.

Craftsman
    In my short time on TZ this has been the most amusing thread by far.

Great to see a scum bag that peddles fake watches getting made to look extremely foolish.

The sound clip and video were a really nice touch lol

Keep up the good work HM. I always enjoy your posts. This has been the best to date, you should consider a side line in writing comedy sketches !!

Outstanding work sir

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    You are wasted as a watch expert you should go into comedy script writing.
    Submit something to no9 it’s sure to be a hit.

I was a bit slow,at first I thought it was a genuine comedy review you where linking to like you see on amazon and the like.

Very entertaining keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I have no squabble but appreciate that the lack of clarity in my original post caused Haywood to misinterpret the point I was looking to make and realising that, have apologised.

Unfortunately Wallasey Runner took this in another direction and I subsequently replied in the manner in which he commented, which was intentionally directed at him only!

Quite happy if the small barking dogs can now just go away.
    Welcome back Sarky!

Great thread HM

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I should have ensured that my words were not an unintentional comment on Haywood business but a general view on the hypocrisy of an industry which becries the fake and fakers but will sell its goods to drug lords, war mongers worldwide, as long as the debit card processes.

Yes, full apology to Haywood.
    Are you going to include every shop and Business that sells to “drug lords, war mongers worldwide” including BAE and our government or is it only the luxury goods market that are meant to profile their customers before selling them anything?

More relevant would be to castigate the fake industry- particularly the “harmless bit of fun” defence - which, whilst it could be used for some low end “replicas” clearly the purpose of fake box and papers is criminal deception rather than trying to convince the general public you have spent more on an item than you have.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Are you going to include every shop and Business that sells to “drug lords, war mongers worldwide” including BAE and our government or is it only the luxury goods market that are meant to profile their customers before selling them anything?

More relevant would be to castigate the fake industry- particularly the “harmless bit of fun” defence - which, whilst it could be used for some low end “replicas” clearly the purpose of fake box and papers is criminal deception rather than trying to convince the general public you have spent more on an item than you have.

The thing that concerns me is the number of these that could end up being subsequently sold on by people who think they’re genuine. I really think most people would struggle to tell these apart from the real thing.

Splendid read !! Game, set, match. Well done

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Comedy gold from “the Maestro”.

Master
    Fantastic reading. Well done and such a good job in recording the evidence.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Great write-up. Hope they catch the scrout!

Now I understand what the random video tests appearing and then vanishing in the Draft Thread last night were all about!

Excellent work, HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Apologies for the OT l. I was about to say it's okay, but thinking about it I mainly use it for the car lease thread these days. I ended up here after Andy T posted in PH about a 103 SINN...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Great read - thanks for posting.

I’ve got a question about these fake warranty cards. It looks like a lot of trouble has gone into manufacturing a complete package to fool a buyer. Why do they miss off the UV stamp - is it very hard to produce?
    If they can fool as many buyers as I know they have, why bother going to any greater trouble and expense? I'd expect only about 5% of the trade have a clue about the UV marking......so that's 95% the baddies don't have to worry about.

Wow and wow what a read

Craftsman
    Awesome work. Particularly enjoyed the passport bit!

Master
    That was spectacular. Well done and thank you!

Fair play to you Haywood. A brilliant read that should go straight to the hall of fame / classic posts!

What I take from your post is that you have a massive chip on your shoulder.

If you look at my FAQ you’ll see my view on and position regarding cash purchases. I am an Approved Person with Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function 11 (among others), meaning I am responsible for anti-money laundering measures and reporting. I sit on the Council of the National Pawnbrokers Association and am in fact its Ambassador for Code Liaison with the National Association of Jewellers.

I have a long and proud record of reporting, giving evidence against and even chasing baddies of all types, even those who are “just” evading tax. Only next week I will be in London at the invitation of the Flying Squad / Met. Police to lecture the nation’s assembled forces on “High Value Watch Crime.”

Now take your bitter resentment at whatever has irked you and fake off. Your comment was totally unwarranted.
    Thanks for the above. I was veering towards thinking the same as the poster who casted doubts on your motives.....however your retort above has changed my mind.

I will buy my first Rolex from you. And i will pay by a traceable method and be happy that my Rolex will be genuine and all the transactions will be traceable.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    Fantastic read HM, and if you'll excuse the pun, you have huge balls to call these guys out the way you did.
    I would be more than a little concerned for my personal safety, as these guys often belong to a more organized organization who don't take kindly to being called out like this.

Please be careful!
    If you saw the guy at the door of the shop you'd be considerably less worried!

He's a nice lad - but good luck if he lost his rag!

Quote Originally Posted by Nansbread1 View Post
    I will buy my first Rolex from you. And i will pay by a traceable method and be happy that my Rolex will be genuine and all the transactions will be traceable.
    Good decision. My best and oldest friend did just that on my recommendation. He was over the moon with the whole experience.

Smoothly done and with a cool head, chapeau.

Why do these types go to the risk of physically trying to pass off their wares to traders? Surely they'll get a lower price and be aware that the watch is going to get checked over properly.

Safer to just palm them off online to more unsuspecting buyers?

Perhaps they're worried about a buyer subsequently having the watch checked and then the house of cards falls when the dispute is raised, and an investigation carried out? End of online trading. Getting the merchandise passed by a dealer probably reduces the subsequent risk of online selling.

I don't know.

I take it the industry has a well established mechanism for distributing details of fake traders. Were you expecting them Milton?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Agreed, the watch sub-forum in particular isn't great on PH - as might be expected given it's only a small part of a wider forum dedicated to other things. A lot of very knowledgable persons and good discussions, with a willingness to advise watch newbies, but all too often derailed by trolls or persons of regrettable ignorance.

Blog Entries
    What a great read. Shocking confidence on these chancers. At least the replicas are not as quite as fooling as we all sadly tend to hear.
    The audacity of the con is astounding and troubling for the watch industry. Well done to the OP for his diligence and quick acting.
    Out of interest Haywood-what happened to the Milton branch in Birkenhead?

I happened to venture over the water myself the other week with the wife, I was fond of popping in or window browsing whilst she was off elsewhere only to find it was now a electronics/mobile gizmo shop. The Miltons sign was sadly still up on the side of the building . What a shame. ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    What a great read. Shocking confidence on these chancers. At least the replicas are not as quite as fooling as we all sadly tend to hear.
    The audacity of the con is astounding and troubling for the watch industry. Well done to the OP for his diligence and quick acting.
    Out of interest Haywood-what happened to the Milton branch in Birkenhead?

I happened to venture over the water myself the other week with the wife, I was fond of popping in or window browsing whilst she was off elsewhere only to find it was now a electronics/mobile gizmo shop. The Miltons sign was sadly still up on the side of the building . What a shame. ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was that the old shop, they moved from Grange Road into the precinct?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Good decision. My best and oldest friend did just that on my recommendation. He was over the moon with the whole experience.

My father also recently purchased a Daytona from Miltons and said the service was second to none, he was very pleased and no doubt will be back. In fact I am often browsing his site for my next purchase!

Great read Haywood, absolute classic.
    The cheek on these people is unbelievable!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Was that the old shop, they moved from Grange Road into the precinct?
    Indeed, the Birkenhead shop moved to a unit on Borough Pavement about six times the size in August 2015.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nansbread1 View Post
    I bought a lovey freshly serviced SD from the Chester shop last year. The service, knowledge and overall experience was perfect.
    And all this at a very fair price.

Brilliant, informative, and very worrying thread!!

Thanks Haywood....

Craftsman
    An entertaining and informative post as ever! Thank you for sharing.

Craftsman
    Great read. Wonder if dopey will try again.

Like everyone else here, I’ve found this entertaining, courageous, civic minded, and sobering. Well done HM!

[...] Only next week I will be in London at the invitation of the Flying Squad / Met. Police to lecture the nation’s assembled forces on “High Value Watch Crime.” [...]
    ^ perhaps the thought of seeing this episode used as a case study for the Met would give the relevant Chief Constable a peppery focus in his force’s investigation of the incident?

Master

FairPlay !!

Good on yah!!!
    Couldn’t believe what I was reading?!?!? What I can’t understand is how they think they can get away with it at a dealers??
    They must have sold some at different points though??

Absolute scum and unfortunately for us all it’s the top few brands they fake the most with Rolex surely being the most faked?? Puts me off buying some brands at the moment all this, my hobby has all of a sudden become complicated!!
    I have worked in and ran a security Company for the last 20 years and deal with scumbags all the time but we aren’t talking a fight in a club or a typical drunk idiot who thinks their a solicitor the following day to try and get some compensation the day after their drunken escapades, we are talking thousands of pounds and people’s livelihoods here!?!?
    Surely the Police need to take this end of the crime scene a little more serious?
    Saying that we have knife incidents every night in London and genuinely unless someone has actually died the Police just haven’t got the manpower to attend all of our controls calls in a weekend??

Well done and take them down one at a time!!

Chris

well done. I enjoyed reading that.

Haywood, do you and your staff wear gloves whilst handling such fine timepieces? Just wondering if those fingerprints on the Bolex's Crystal and bracelet are your's or the cretin's?

Journeyman
    Fantastic read and well done .. Many thanks for sharing

What a great read, so much in fact that as a newbie I started to believe that it was yourself trying to sell the watch and then the penny dropped as I continued to read further, many thanks for taking the time to write this post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Haywood, do you and your staff wear gloves whilst handling such fine timepieces? Just wondering if those fingerprints on the Bolex's Crystal and bracelet are your's or the cretin's?
    We don't as a rule wear gloves and with careful handling I have never found it a problem. One handles fake tat with less care, perhaps, but the finger-prints could belong to any one of the five jewellers who were offered it and rejected it as fake before us on the same day.

So much for the idiot's "that's just one person's opinion" in the audio recording. No, you have been told it is fake more than once and also lied about the circumstances of the watch.

Great post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great read Haywood, classic post!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Haywood. Seems like this post was missed by some folk.

Brilliant post - engaging AND informative. Thank you.

I wish I knew what happened to Dumbo.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Love it

Craftsman
    Top work there!

Blog Entries
    Love it what a great post lol
    Not seen them in Nottingham
    But will keep and eye out for them 😆

Journeyman
    really enjoyed this post!