closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: tiktox.com

tiktox.com

Just a heads up really.

I know Keith from tiktox sadly passed away and the store closed.
    In the end however it reopened with new people running it.

Anyway, I ordered some bits Mon
    Paid for next day delivery etc

Nothing

No answers to email
    Phone just goes to voicemail

I might end up getting the stuff, who knows

Just be wary

Cheers, I was looking at it last night and pondering getting some new straps. I'll hold off until you update the thread.

I hate the lack of communication thing, and I'm not someone who worries if things take even a week to arrive with no despatch notification, and I certainly don't sit there plugging tracking numbers into websites to obsess about where my incoming item is, so I consider myself 'low noise' with regards to purchasing... BUT on those occasions when you do have a query, especially if something is particularly late and they've had your money for a while with absolutely no contact or delivery, it gets me extremely concerned.

It's just part of being professional to communicate with your customers. If they're not doing this, then they're not professional and I only wish to deal with professionals.

Master
    What a great shame, Keith was absolutely first class with his sales service, would be a great pity if that reputation was diminished by the new owners.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by inthered View Post
    What a great shame, Keith was absolutely first class with his sales service, would be a great pity if that reputation was diminished by the new owners.
    Wanted to order a combi bracelet for my GW5000 and not showing in stock so sent an email but no reply.

With Keith i would have had a reply within 24hrs.

Apprentice

tiktox

My first post on this forum :)

I bought a combi bracelet for my G-shock 5610 off tiktox last week. Delivery was very quick.

(I think delivery was faster than how long it took me to fit the bracelet :) Okay, slight exaggeration but I certainly got it within 48 hours).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryTDM View Post

I bought a combi bracelet for my G-shock 5610 off tiktox last week. Delivery was very quick.

(I think delivery was faster than how long it took me to fit the bracelet :) Okay, slight exaggeration but I certainly got it within 48 hours).
    The first time i fit one to a GW5610 it took me ages.Did they send the correct spring bars with the combi bracelet as they are slightly different and should make the job easier.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryTDM View Post

Hopefully it will turn up

Is not the waiting, its the lack of communication

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    The first time i fit one to a GW5610 it took me ages.Did they send the correct spring bars with the combi bracelet as they are slightly different and should make the job easier.
    Unless I missed them in the envelope, there were no spring bars included.

One of the spring bars at the clasp end launched itself into orbit when I was tweaking the fit after wearing it for the day and I had to get a few more off the interweb. The original is still somewhere in the kitchen.

The bracelet is fantastic though, even if it was nearly the same price as the watch.

I bought one last week from somewhere else and there were no spring bars included, the originals fitted though - just.

I hadn't heard about Keith, that's sad and explains why the site changed a lot (not for the better). I bought quite a few things from him in the past. :(

Blog Entries
    I sent a query via the contact form just over a week ago but have had no response.

So are there any other decent and cost effective suppliers of miscellaneous Casio parts? In theory I'd presume that any Casio AD could get parts but I fear most won't understand what you're talking about or will charge a fortune.

I called on Monday, no reply.. Then in a matter of seconds I got a call back from a young lady, seemed pleasant enough. I didn't order anything as I was in shock to discover that Keith has passed. I knew him pretty well dealing with him over the phone for well over a decade.

Sent from my CHEETAH using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    So are there any other decent and cost effective suppliers of miscellaneous Casio parts? In theory I'd presume that any Casio AD could get parts but I fear most won't understand what you're talking about or will charge a fortune.
    Ive bought bits direct from Casio in the past. I sent an online enquiry and they rang me up, taking payment over the phone. Cheaper than anywhere I saw the same parts advertised.

I have also previously bought from tiktox so I’m not knocking their service.

Ant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    Ive bought bits direct from Casio in the past. I sent an online enquiry and they rang me up, taking payment over the phone. Cheaper than anywhere I saw the same parts advertised.
    Thanks!

Master
    Very sad to hear of Keith's passing... i too was not aware.

I like others have also bought many things from him over the years...... I've always been happy with the prices and the service.

Lets hope the same high standard continues - it would be a shame if it didn't.

Mike

Update on this....

Been ringing most days, sent a few emails and nothing.

Tried again today whilst looking at the CAB for advice and my call was answered

Had a note of my order etc, was dispatched etc left them to chase

Return call to say it was on its way back to them as RM couldn't deliver and they should have it back tomorrow to post again to me Mon

So hopefully, ill get my bits early next week.

If anyone has the part number for these I would be extremely grateful. Currently having a true nightmare trying to fit the existing ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Whenever I've bought Casio spares I've gone straight to the Casio spares department - cheaper than TikTox and likely more availability of parts with the knowledge to work out what you need. I've usually enquired by e-mail with model number etc and they then quote so you can ring up and place the order.

https://www.casio.co.uk/support/servicing-and-repairs/

Ant

EDIT: I realise I said something similar back in Feb...

Emailed tiktox tonight, bought from the site on Sunday via PayPal, not had any contact with them hopefully they are all good. I have not ordered anything since Keith passed away, he was always fantastic and service was great. Maybe they are on holiday.

Master
    I too tried to message them last week via their enquiry form. The form just reset to a blank form after I pressed 'submit' with no indication that it had gone through. Judging from the complete lack of reply I'm guessing it didn't! My enquiry was in relation to a recent purchase from them and not something I can frankly be bothered to follow up, but it hasn't enamoured me to buy from them again anytime soon.

Saying that I have bought from them twice recently and the free delivery option was rapid both times.

Thank you. Will pop them an email tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    Whenever I've bought Casio spares I've gone straight to the Casio spares department - cheaper than TikTox and likely more availability of parts with the knowledge to work out what you need. I've usually enquired by e-mail with model number etc and they then quote so you can ring up and place the order.

https://www.casio.co.uk/support/servicing-and-repairs/

Ant

EDIT: I realise I said something similar back in Feb...
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up.

I’m awaiting parts - so was surprised by lack of coms. but this explains it.

Not big value, but I would be miffed if they don’t show.

z

I have had no coms or delivery on my order placed on Sunday, having a quick read online, this is sadly now the case with this company. Shame as Keith was a legend and service was great, he knew his stuff and he was always keen to help and honest if he could not. Last time I spoke to him, he was ill and said he was trying to get my order out but struggling, I said no worries mate, get better that is more important then sort it later, he sent it a few days later.

I have tried to ring but no answer, I will patiently wait a few weeks to see if what I ordered arrives if not contact PayPal for a refund. I will update the thread when I can.

My experience with Casio with spare parts, if you know the codes and exactly what you want he’s been excellent, they have good coms, very helpful and very good value.

Blog Entries
    I have received no comms from them since order date of 11/08.

I emailed & submitted the form on the website.

Still nothing.

Paypal case started today

z

Last order I placed with tiktox was 13/06. I can't find any evidence of communications from them in my email (save for the paypal order notification), and the strap and bezel arrived in (ISTR) around a week.

Three weeks ago I ordered a strap, no emails, but it arrived within a week.

Sent from my Aquaris V using tapatalk with thick fingers, declining eyesight and a small keypad.

Ordered a strap two weeks ago this Sunday, no coms at all, I have emailed twice, tried to ring once. I will give it to Monday then contact PayPal for a refund, I have mentioned this in my last email to them.

Sad was really a great company but seems Keith’s family have sold the business on to unknown following his sad passing.

Item turned up this morning signed for delivery from Royal Mail.

Never any communication from the firm, took 3 weeks to arrive and had to raise a PayPal nudge to get them going. As they never responded to polite emails.

Communication with your customer is key, if it’s going be weeks or months communicate that and it is likely to be cool I am patient if informed what is happening, most people are.

Hope they can get there act together and do not further erode the fantastic reputation that the original owner built and had.

I ordered a strap and bezel from them last week. They arrived yesterday, but I only ever got a confirmation email from PayPal, nothing at all from Tiktox in my inbox at any stage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    Item turned up this morning signed for delivery from Royal Mail.

Never any communication from the firm, took 3 weeks to arrive and had to raise a PayPal nudge to get them going. As they never responded to polite emails.

Same here.
    Arrived this week - Postmarked 31/8

...& it doesn’t fit - I’m really not in the mood to attempt a return

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Same here.
    Arrived this week - Postmarked 31/8

...& it doesn’t fit - I’m really not in the mood to attempt a return

z
    Nightmare,

I wonder if they were on holiday, not a problem just communication would be good.

Good luck with your return.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    Nightmare,

I wonder if they were on holiday, not a problem just communication would be good.

Good luck with your return.
    UPDATE - they are answering the phone today.

Return initiated

z

Master
    Certainly no complaints from me. I ordered a yellow strap and bezel, for my recently bought GW-M5610, on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday.
    Unfortunately, on Tuesday evening I discovered how difficult it is to refit a strap on these (on an old DW5600 which is essentially the same) and I vowed not to try it again. I was secretly hoping the new strap & bezel would never appear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    Certainly no complaints from me. I ordered a yellow strap and bezel, for my recently bought GW-M5610, on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday.
    Unfortunately, on Tuesday evening I discovered how difficult it is to refit a strap on these (on an old DW5600 which is essentially the same) and I vowed not to try it again. I was secretly hoping the new strap & bezel would never appear.
    If it'll fit my GW-M5600A I'll take it off your hands

z

Master
    If it'll fit my GW-M5600A I'll take it off your hands

z
    Thanks for the offer but I think I'll hold onto it and get it fitted eventually. It's a really nice bezel & strap combo. Matt yellow and a non-tapering strap so should feel more chunky. £23 posted and delivery with 24 hours from TikTox. Go for it.
    From t'web: http://zegarkiclub.pl/forum/gallery/...10-yellow-mod/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I think I'll hold onto it and get it fitted eventually. It's a really nice bezel & strap combo. Matt yellow and a non-tapering strap so should feel more chunky. £23 posted and delivery with 24 hours from TikTox. Go for it.
    From t'web: http://zegarkiclub.pl/forum/gallery/...10-yellow-mod/
    Tiktox are back on form - I just returned the bezel - received a prompt refund and ordered a replacement bezel.

This time I got confirmation of postage direct from tiktox with tracking info.

z

Blog Entries
    Arrived today & 5 min later - gone is the grubby white bezel & strap...

Deal in confidence - they’re back to their best.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 8th September 2018 at 14:01.

Arrived today & 5 min later - gone is the grubby white bezel & strap...

Deal in confidence - they’re back to their best.

z
    Good news, perhaps they were on holiday or have read the feedback on the web.

I will give them the benefit of doubt and use them again.

Communication is key.

Master
    Just to add a little more praise on here towards tiktox. I ordered a strap and bezel set on Friday but had to cancel over the weekend. Monday morning email from them saying no problem, followed swiftly with a refund back on my card. Great customer service and communication throughout.