closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Replacement Link Prices

Craftsman

Replacement Link Prices

Howdy all!

My immaculate BB36 with all its box and papers and that didn't come with spare links! I wanted to look at the price of replacement links if I come to sell the watch on.

I popped into the local Rolex AD today, thier mood wasnt particular chirpy even though I was only person in there.. Maybe cos I was still in my dusty work clothes? They quoted me £55 per link, is this the kind of price I should be expecting or did they give me the yuppie price?

Go back to who you bought it from, as they're known for keeping spare links and selling them on eBay. No joke.

Craftsman
    Ugh, wish I'd known I would've specified a much larger wrist size,

Cheers!

Grand Master
    A watch should be supplied with the full complement of links, adjusting to fit the customer then keeping removed links is a sly underhand trick, particularly if the links are getting sold elsewhere!

One well-known high profile dealer has got form for doing this (allegedly).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    A watch should be supplied with the full complement of links, adjusting to fit the customer then keeping removed links is a sly underhand trick, particularly if the links are getting sold elsewhere!

I think we're talking about the same dealer, I'm in touch with them seeing what I can do..

I ordered an extra link for my Iconaut and was charged £55. Same as quoted for said link by Rolex, St James -who couldn't fit it for me whilst I waited as they were in full meltdown due to another customer freaking out that they had ruined his watch- so I got my local ad to order it for the same price, and fit it myself.
    So the price you were quoted sound about right to me.
    Cheers
    Joe

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Yes that sounds right.Il let You decide if it’s reasonable though lol

had this with wf who wanted to size the bracelet on an old omega i bought...i had to ask for the extra links...which they sent...but i can see their reasons. I've some spare daytona links i'm never going to use. Might offer them for the fund raiser come christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

That is really shady! I presume that is Watchfinder that does that, Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2 View Post
    That is really shady! I presume that is Watchfinder that does that, Paul?
    Check here Dan: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ing-Experience

And whilst it doesn't seem to have been the case in this sale, the other posts in there suggest it happened to them!

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Check here Dan: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ing-Experience

And whilst it doesn't seem to have been the case in this sale, the other posts in there suggest it happened to them!
    That is really poor if that is the case... at any price, but with the premium they charge you'd want a good service end-to-end!

I have large wrists, apparently larger than some watch manufacturers cater for out of the box and have, on occasion, had to purchase extra links beyond those originally supplied. Extending this misery to others seems like a cheap-out way to lose customers in the long term!

Quote Originally Posted by ejtrent View Post
    Ugh, wish I'd known I would've specified a much larger wrist size,
    My IWC bracelet was a bit tight when I tried it in the shop and had to order a further link at 80 quid.

Had dozens of cheap watches that fitted, yet the first over 5 grand didn't - It's a racket and we all know it!

St James always have them on walk in, so don't worry about getting them. You not being given them though....