closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Pelagos - realistic price for new

Master

Tudor Pelagos - realistic price for new

I’m in the market for one of these, have put a WTB ad up but nothing yet. Got me considering whether I should just buy new. I have a signet shareholder discount card so can get a guaranteed 10% off at EJ, but just wondering if more is achievable. Preference is for a used model but would be good to know the options available.

Thanks
    Mike

Craftsman
    Have you tried one on? I liked the look but found it a bit chunky on the wrist?

Craftsman
    They’re usually available in Heathrow so you could save the VAT if you’re going through there.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Considering what they are, they're pretty damn reasonable price wise. In fact I'm not sure I can think of a better value diver. I far prefer how they wear to the black bay, the pelagos wears it's heft very well due to the slightly larger diameter and Ti construction. Wears similar to a seadweller (Rolex's best watch) in my opinion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbsie View Post
    Considering what they are, they're pretty damn reasonable price wise. In fact I'm not sure I can think of a better value diver. I far prefer how they wear to the black bay, the pelagos wears it's heft very well due to the slightly larger diameter and Ti construction. Wears similar to a seadweller (Rolex's best watch) in my opinion.
    Have to agree with you there. I’ve owned an ETA black bay before (and for some reason gave it to my brother) and was really impressed with it. Interesting to hear it wears better than the black bay considering it’s a tad larger. How does it compare diameter wise, is it as thick?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Have to agree with you there. I’ve owned an ETA black bay before (and for some reason gave it to my brother) and was really impressed with it. Interesting to hear it wears better than the black bay considering it’s a tad larger. How does it compare diameter wise, is it as thick?
    I LOVE IT. I know it's there, but it's not in a way that annoys me in the slightest.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

I saw the blue titanium version a couple of a weeks ago and was really impressed with it. The owner kindly allowed me to try it on. It’s now on the want list. A lot of watch for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    It's not a million miles off but it doesn't feel as tall because it's better proportioned. For a person like me (who funds a sub too small) it's perfect. I also really like how the exp2 wears for reference.

Iconic have them for around 10% off list, so sounds reasonable for a NEW one. Nothing much cheaper on Chrono24 even (one dealer saying £2660 for new, in stock - https://www.chrono24.co.uk/tudor/pel...-id7614664.htm)

I went out on Saturday with a view to trying one on (I quite fancy a Titanium diver), but I don't really like the Pelagos, if I'm honest with myself.

I've looked before and felt the same, so I'm going to admit defeat on this - I'm not going to suddenly love it, am I?

Found myself more taken with Oris! I guess I prefer shiney

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 2nd February 2018 at 12:03.

Master
    It's not a million miles off but it doesn't feel as tall because it's better proportioned. For a person like me (who funds a sub too small) it's perfect. I also really like how the exp2 wears for reference.
    It wouldn’t be an everyday watch for me, just the occasional weekend, so something a bit chunky is fine.

What price level is appropriate for second hand?

Master
    I managed 10% off and got the first service free as well. I love mine. Being all brushed the ocd in me is controlled. I love polished watches as well but find myself needing to buff them against my jumper from time to time during the day.

Craftsman
    Think you should have no trouble getting one anywhere with 10% off.
    Seems about the going rate/discount.
    Anybody got more off from a AD ?
    A service thrown in is a bonus (whish I had thought of trying for that but never crossed my mind!!)
    In ended up with a spare additional link I did not need but something is better than nothing.

Journeyman
    Stay away from Fraser Hart. They will give you nowt.

Master
    Brufords in Eastbourne had a blue one discounted in the window earlier in the week, if you're interested in the blue version I'll make a point of seeing how much the discount is when I'm down there again on Monday, I'm sure it was more than 10%

Master
    Stay away from Fraser Hart. They will give you nowt.
    That’s where I got mine from with my stated discount and free service.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    Brufords in Eastbourne had a blue one discounted in the window earlier in the week, if you're interested in the blue version I'll make a point of seeing how much the discount is when I'm down there again on Monday, I'm sure it was more than 10%
    Thanks for the heads up...put a deposit down on it and will collect next week. 😁

I got my two liner ETA pelagos new in a Black Friday sale in 2015, the shop had a serious discount on it as the new in house movement one was out and they explained it is discontinued.

I bought it straight away and another forum member bought the other one they had through a heads up.

Fantastic watch, love it.

I did want a Rolex sub but after owning this and wearing it for a while, I would not even do a straight swap, pelagos is perfect for me.

Thanks for the heads up...put a deposit down on it and will collect next week. 😁
    If you dont mind me asking at what price did you get it for?

Craftsman
    Had mine for 4 weeks and I’m delighted with it. Whilst it it a tad on the thick side I prefer it in the rubber or a Brady sailcloth.

Craftsman

I had a Pelagos for a month or two before I had to return it due to it being faulty (mentioned in plenty of other threads so I won’t go through it all again here!). Like others have said, it’s definitely not a small watch but wears its size well due to it being fairly light. I thought it wore quite large for a 42mm due to the design of the dial and bezel.
    In relation to the OP’s question, Hugh Rice were good with me when I bought mine and although I payed full rrp, I managed to negotiate the value of the Omega PO I was part exing up by a few hundred pounds quite easily and got a very good price for it.

Last edited by Bobbyf; 11th February 2018 at 11:42.

Master
    Do many people wear their Pelagos's on the rubber strap? Does the watch come with end links for it, or does these have to be bought separately. Quite like the idea of wearing it on the rubber but not keen on gaps between case and strap.

Craftsman
    Do many people wear their Pelagos's on the rubber strap? Does the watch come with end links for it, or does these have to be bought separately. Quite like the idea of wearing it on the rubber but not keen on gaps between case and strap.
    Think the end links fit the rubber strap.
    Not changed mine, need to as I think I'll like the look of the blue rubber.
    Bit apprehensive to try as tolerance is tight!!!
    Anyone got a picture of the blue on rubber??

Craftsman

I don’t find the bracelet that comfortable despite the quality. The rubber fits into the bracelet end links. When worn on a strap there is quite a gap due to the case thickness, the wife assured me it it looks good though and I prefer it on the strap comfort wise.

I wanted a blue one but got a really good buy on the black so went with it. Anyone feels the other way......

Tolerances for strap changes are a pain, so I’ve sadly put a few marks on the lug backs but being brushed Ti they show less. Best tip from me is use tweezers well spread and try to get both ends of the spring bar pushed in together. There’s a YouTube demo if it helps.

Things I’d improve on? Definitely could be thinner, no AR on a diver of this quality is a shame, bracelet tolerances are painful as mentioned, sharpness on the top lug edges is poor when the rest of the watch is so beautifully finished. Tudor emblem and logo on dial could be bolder imo.

Am I happy with it? Oh, yes!
    Last edited by steve1ramsey1; 3rd February 2018 at 19:43.

Did you get blue of black one?

When I bought mine a few weeks ago, I had no issue obtaining a better than 10% discount. You just have to make them aware that you're more than happy to walk away if there isn't a deal to be had.

Fish

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Just buy one and have done with It!

He has, perhaps read the thread

Master
    Picked up my Tudor Pelagos Blue today, awesome watch. Feels a step up from the Black Bay heritage. Thanks Davis for the heads up!

pics or it didn't happen :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlito149 View Post
    pics or it didn't happen :)
    +1

Master

Master

Congratulations chap, the blue really is lovely.

Craftsman
    Lovely. Here’s mine;

Craftsman
    Great choice, lovely watch.IMG_20180211_103047.jpg