closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Daytona steel alternatives...

Hybrid View

Daytonas remain a safe place to put your money, although the entry point for s/s white dials is getting closer to £10k.

I like the IWC Portuguese pictured above - oozes quality and good taste, but what about a 16519 or 116519 Daytona - white gold on leather - what prices do they start at?

I would recommend a Zenith chronograph also. One of the older models is very similar to a Daytona except with a date.

Master
    Where does zenith sit in the grand scheme of watches? They look lovely, well made and seem to start at 5k ish and go up to 20 something. I am liking the el primero for its sporty and not dress look.

Master
    Tudor have plethora of chronos some very similar to Daytona and same movement.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I already own a pelagos so am looking for a different brand for more variety.

Master
    I see the inner of the zenith leather strap is rubberised. Does this make it pretty good from a sweat resistance perspective?

Rolex Daytona steel alternatives...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    The fastriders have (or had) a 7750 movement.

I’m not sure about the newer Tudors but I’d be surprised if they had a Daytona movement in them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

I’m not sure about the newer Tudors but I’d be surprised if they had a Daytona movement in them.
    Heritage chrono is an eta base with a modular 3rd party chrono and the new black bay has the joint movement developed with breitling.

So no daytona movements, to my knowledge.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

All the Daytona style Tudors (79280 for the steel bezel model) had the 7750 movement (as did the Big Blocks - similar look but different style case to the Daytona with flat sides). The sub dial layout is different to the Daytona and these watches also feature the date at the 3 o'clock position. They are great watches though. Love mine.
    Last edited by tsunami; 26th January 2018 at 10:19.

I honestly think that the new limited edition 150th anniversary Portugieser is good value:
    https://www.iwc.com/en/watch-collect...50-years-.html

You get inhouse limited edition lacquer dial but still in 41mm case, if I had any grudge against regular Portugieser that it's expensive for stripped down 7750, this is trully amazing, and it's only 500eur more expensive than regular version

Apprentice

Zenith De Luca

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Where does zenith sit in the grand scheme of watches? They look lovely, well made and seem to start at 5k ish and go up to 20 something. I am liking the el primero for its sporty and not dress look.
    Probably a bit late with this one, but how about a Zenith De Luca?

Quote Originally Posted by Geneve View Post
    Daytonas remain a safe place to put your money, although the entry point for s/s white dials is getting closer to £10k.

I would say the entry point for a ss dial is waaay past 10k at this stage.

I like the El Primero movemented Tag Heuer Monza

https://www.watches.co.uk/watchestag...-monza/TA19783

Though the black face is nicer, and it'll be second hand only. But a heck of a lot cheaper than a Daytona (not sure if that is a plus point).