closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Remember those WWII warships/war graves that have vanished from the seabed? UPDATE

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Remember those WWII warships/war graves that have vanished from the seabed? UPDATE

A while back, we discussed the vanishing of Dutch, Allied and Japanese WWII warships. They'd gone from the seabed in the Java Sea. Word has it that these war graves were looted by scrappers. Now the Indonisian website https://tirto.id/sindikat-china-penj...-tenggara-cDAg has an update. A horrifying update. According to Tinto, there are signs of mass graves near the harbour town Bodrong.

Try Tinto in Google Translate.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    A while back, we discussed the vanishing of Dutch, Allied and Japanese WWII warships. They'd gone from the seabed in the Java Sea. Word has it that these war graves were looted by scrappers. Now the Indonisian website https://tirto.id/sindikat-china-penj...-tenggara-cDAg has an update. A horrifying update. According to Tinto, there are signs of mass graves near the harbour town Bodrong.

Try Tinto in Google Translate.

Is there an easy way to see this translated other than copying and pasting into Google translate?

Sorry if I'm being stoopid here...
    So clever my foot fell off.

Blog Entries
    I don't know. I simply clicked on the Indonesian article, Ctr-C, Ctr-V'ed the link on top of my laptop's screen it into Google translate and clicked 'translate'

Bahasa Indonesia is a difficult language; a mix of the Malian language and Dutch, spelled differently.

Menno

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Is there an easy way to see this translated other than copying and pasting into Google translate?

https://tirto.id/a-ring-of-naval-wreck-robbers-cDt6

Is this the same information?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Not quite, I don't think. Looking at the site's home page:

...you can see both stories plus another In Depth article. There are more at the bottom of the page you linked or brought up by the buttons I have highlighted in red. It seems that the OP has found the latest article (22 January) in a continuing series.

Thanks for the update I was the original OP on this subject. Why are our government doing nothing about this??

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Thanks for the update I was the original OP on this subject. Why are our government doing nothing about this??
    I honestly don't know. Maybe this is one for your MP?

Edit: You might also try a FoI request to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the Minstry of Defence asking about actions they have taken and UK relations with other nations on this matter.
    Last edited by PickleB; 22nd January 2018 at 16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

I'm using Chrome in W10 and there's an icon at the end of the URL address bar that does the trick:

...or else I right click in the page and use the Translate to English option.

Here is a link to the previous thead: Mystery over WW2 missing ship wrecks. Given the past articles linked in that thread, I expect that the Guardian may pick up on this story.

At the bottom of thieuster's link, there is a link to another page with the basics in English.
    https://tirto.id/a-ring-of-naval-wreck-robbers-cDt6

Craftsman
    Thing is the steel in those ships has high value for medical applications as it pre dates atmospheric nuclear detonations.