timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Positives for Arsenal

Positives for Arsenal

1. Goal Difference

anything else?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Still have invincibles title thanks to Liverpool!!

Craftsman
    They're playing us (Palace) at their place next, we rarely get anything against them, last season being a notable exception. On the other hand I think we have only ever beaten them in the league three times, I was at all three and have a ticket in the away end for Saturday.
    Last edited by smoz; 14th January 2018 at 21:55. Reason: speeling and punktuation

Master
    I know a few Arsenal fans who hate Wenger now. Sad to think that he’s tarnished his legacy by staying on well behind his expiration date. The move to the bigger stadium was meant to generate the additional revenue needed to match Europe’s elite.

Imagine going on the lash with Arsene. He’d be first out of the taxi and last up to the bar. Or spending half the night traipsing around town looking for a Wetherspoons because the drinks are a bit cheaper there.

Ruining his legacy. The squad today was pathetic for a team with our setup. Not a single player in that line up is good enough.
    Lacazette didn't want to join, and it shows. Sanchez and Ozil don't want to be there. Players that aren't good enough for City/Utd/Chelsea are turning us down, despite the money being there.

It's a mess, and it won't end soon.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Beating Tottenham 2-0 this season and more proof that Wenger is not the manager that the board thought could keep us competitive or can guarantee us a top 4 finish in the Premiership.

Just get the Bournmouth loanie Wiltshire to sign a new contract and Arsenals season is saved.

Jack is back playing well, apart from that we are average. Without Ozil and Sanchez (both soon to leave) we have no creativity and look terrible. We need to sell them both now before they leave for nothing. Then buy mahrez and lucas moura - if he will come. Cech seems well past his best this season, I watched the Bournemouth match with another arsenal fan and it was just embarrassing, not one of our players would get in the city, utd, Chelsea, spurs or Liverpool teams.

I can see us coming 7th or 8th this season, Wenger needs to go but he will never walk and the board wont sack him. He only has a year and a half on his contract and will hopefully go after that. But that brings the next problem, who would replace him? Klopp would have been good but we waited to long and Liverpool got in there.

Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan coming in may improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan coming in may improve things.

cant see aubameyang coming to us, mkhitaryan could be a good swap as part of the sanchez deal

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    cant see aubameyang coming to us, mkhitaryan could be a good swap as part of the sanchez deal
    Deals in place, but it all hinges on Mkhitaryan. If he doesn't agree, Sanchez stays.

Blog Entries
    Jack is back playing well, apart from that we are average. Without Ozil and Sanchez (both soon to leave) we have no creativity and look terrible. We need to sell them both now before they leave for nothing. Then buy mahrez and lucas moura - if he will come. Cech seems well past his best this season, I watched the Bournemouth match with another arsenal fan and it was just embarrassing, not one of our players would get in the city, utd, Chelsea, spurs or Liverpool teams.

I can see us coming 7th or 8th this season, Wenger needs to go but he will never walk and the board wont sack him. He only has a year and a half on his contract and will hopefully go after that. But that brings the next problem, who would replace him? Klopp would have been good but we waited to long and Liverpool got in there.
    Have a word…. If Mahrez left, he’d go to a big club

Craftsman
    A nice quiet stadium.

You can't get relegated and you've a better pitch than us at Southend!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    You can't get relegated and you've a better pitch than us at Southend!
    Yours is the only ground where the Away fans are issued with periscopes!

I think Arsenal fans laying the blame squarely at the feet of Wenger is misguided.

The ownership structure is a recipe for disaster - two billionaires who hate each other owning 97% of the club can't be good. Arsenal earn more money per matchday than any other football club - there is no compelling reason for either to sell to the other whilst the money is rolling in.

As a result crucial decisions aren't made - transfer targets are identified and other clubs nip in and buy before Arsenal can firm up a deal. Players and their agents seem wary of committing to Arsenal - which is not great.

It also seems that contract negotiations are being woefully neglected - how can you let assets like Sanchez run down a contract and leave for nothing? Insane!

Blog Entries
    Positives? well it looks like your not thinking of buying Andy Carroll

£20m for Walcott...should be enough to cover Kroenke consultancy fees

Craftsman
    No champions league for arsenal this year. The Top six is dead long live the top five. Arsenal drop in to race for sixth

Come on you spurs

Craftsman
    With Walcott and Sanchez (highly likely) leaving I think another striker will be incoming. Aubameyang has been linked.

Mkhitaryan, Mahrez, Malcom and Aubameyang is all fine, but the problem is Arsenal have had a defence like a chocolate teapot for years. Koscielny being well below par this season means we have literally no quality defenders and an aging goalkeeper who don’t even appear to be coached, such is the consistency of the defensive errors!

For literally a decade it has been clear as day: Arsenal need a world class goalkeeper, centre back and central defensive midfielder. Ie NOT Ospina, Chambers and Xhaka

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeney View Post
    I think Arsenal fans laying the blame squarely at the feet of Wenger is misguided.

The ownership structure is a recipe for disaster - two billionaires who hate each other owning 97% of the club can't be good. Arsenal earn more money per matchday than any other football club - there is no compelling reason for either to sell to the other whilst the money is rolling in.

As a result crucial decisions aren't made - transfer targets are identified and other clubs nip in and buy before Arsenal can firm up a deal. Players and their agents seem wary of committing to Arsenal - which is not great.

It also seems that contract negotiations are being woefully neglected - how can you let assets like Sanchez run down a contract and leave for nothing? Insane!
    Kroenke became the majority shareholder in July 2011, lots of Arsenal players have run down their contracts under Wenger tenure the 1st big one was Sol Campbell who came (2001) and left (2006) on a free transfer, then Edu, Flamini (free), Hleb, Nasri in July 2011, it used to be Wenger and Dein (up to 2007) who would do the buying and selling, now it's Wenger and Law.

Having 2 billionaires that don't like each other doesn't help but both Kronke and Usmanov believe in Wenger, they have given him the money and autonomy to makes every decision including contracts/wages also he help choose his own CEO (Ivan Gazidis) where in the world can you choose you own boss?

How many times has he blamed the referee for the losses or draws?
    How many times has he blamed the opposition for being defensive/negative?
    How many times has he said:- We played with the handbrake on, we are lacking a bit of confidence, heavy losses were accidents or one offs (Man U 6-1, 8-2, Liverpool 5-1, 4-0, Bayern Munich 5-1, 5-1)?
    How many times has he admitted he made mistakes or took the blame for the results?
    How many shit players (for example Stepnovs, Squillaci, Santos) has he signed?
    How many players (for example Bendtner, Debauchy, Walcott) has he given undeserved extended contracts to?

The fact is Wenger has not changed his tactics or the way he sees a player or his worth since he came to the club, he believes he can make the players stay (for example RVP, S.Gnarby, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain) and extend their contracts otherwise which manager in the world would not have sold Sanchez, Ozil or even Wilshere in the summer before their value is reduced to 0% once the winter transfer window close?

Wenger has done great things for Arsenal but everything he has done is being tarnished by doing the same thing over and over again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Still have invincibles title thanks to Liverpool!!
    All thanks to Pires's dive against Pompey......

Not much fun in the away end... Arsenal are clicking today!

The fans could make a bit more noise mind considering the score...

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Kroenke became the majority shareholder in July 2011, lots of Arsenal players have run down their contracts under Wenger tenure the 1st big one was Sol Campbell who came (2001) and left (2006) on a free transfer, then Edu, Flamini (free), Hleb, Nasri in July 2011, it used to be Wenger and Dein (up to 2007) who would do the buying and selling, now it's Wenger and Law.

Having 2 billionaires that don't like each other doesn't help but both Kronke and Usmanov believe in Wenger, they have given him the money and autonomy to makes every decision including contracts/wages also he help choose his own CEO (Ivan Gazidis) where in the world can you choose you own boss?

How many times has he blamed the referee for the losses or draws?
    How many times has he blamed the opposition for being defensive/negative?
    How many times has he said:- We played with the handbrake on, we are lacking a bit of confidence, heavy losses were accidents or one offs (Man U 6-1, 8-2, Liverpool 5-1, 4-0, Bayern Munich 5-1, 5-1)?
    How many times has he admitted he made mistakes or took the blame for the results?
    How many shit players (for example Stepnovs, Squillaci, Santos) has he signed?
    How many players (for example Bendtner, Debauchy, Walcott) has he given undeserved extended contracts to?

The fact is Wenger has not changed his tactics or the way he sees a player or his worth since he came to the club, he believes he can make the players stay (for example RVP, S.Gnarby, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain) and extend their contracts otherwise which manager in the world would not have sold Sanchez, Ozil or even Wilshere in the summer before their value is reduced to 0% once the winter transfer window close?

Wenger has done great things for Arsenal but everything he has done is being tarnished by doing the same thing over and over again.
    In don’t mean to be argumentative. There is a lot in your post which is incorrect.

Especially re the ‘owners’, Law & tactic changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    No champions league for arsenal this year. The Top six is dead long live the top five. Arsenal drop in to race for sixth

Come on you spurs
    Come back when you ACTUALLY win something, the bad news for the spuds

Is you are turning into Arsenal but without trophies. You might be media darlings and indeed you display some fantastic football but you need to back it up

Meanwhile, Arsenal are turning into Nottingham Forest, slowly declining under the manager who brought them success. (Except without the European Cup)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Meanwhile, Arsenal are turning into Nottingham Forest, slowly declining under the manager who brought them success. (Except without the European Cup)
    Lol maybe but I think the demise of Arsenal is grossly oversatated! Are you Adrian Durham in disguise lol

Craftsman
    Can’t sign a player you can’t sign a player only sell them before Tha leave for 樂 樂
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 20th January 2018 at 18:31.

Craftsman
    Lots of Woolwich fans around me. Losing Sanchez will be a big loss. A mate has given up on his season ticket.

Things go in cycles and Arsenal have too much rot that needs to cleared out.

Arsenal do up their game v Spurs Though, so I expect the derby to be a cracker.

mkhitaryan could be a good swap as part of the sanchez deal
    Straight swap confirmed.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Straight swap confirmed.
    Such a bad deal for arsenal

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Such a bad deal for arsenal
    How is it a bad deal Sanchez doesn’t want to play for Arsenal

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    How is it a bad deal Sanchez doesn’t want to play for Arsenal
    well seeing as he hasn't wanted to play since the start of the season

1) Less that the deal that should have gone through in the summer
    2) another midfielder we don't need
    3) taking another player who from utd who was being cast off
    4) strengthening so called rivals

Just a few of the top of my head

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks a decent player to me ;-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp1SDL6k9N8

Apprentice

Gooners

Still way behind the top 2 when it comes to spending.
    Until that changes, it's a fight for 4th and the odd cup.

- - - Updated - - -

Still way behind the top 2 when it comes to spending.
    Until that changes, it's a fight for 4th and the odd cup.