closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stainless Steel Bracelet for Porsche Orfina Military

Stainless Steel Bracelet for Porsche Orfina Military

Has anybody come across a stainless steel bracelet, at the reasonable end of the price range, that is a good match for the Porsche Orfina military style watch case (Lemania 5100)? Sinn, Tutima have watches with the same style of case with hidden lugs. I’m not keen on the Bund leather wristlets you generally find these watches with.

Ta for any tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I wear mine on a Di Modell Chronissimo - it’s a military strap that (in my opinion) looks much better than a normal Bund.
    I have a PVD pd Chronograph and have it on a dark brown Chronissimo with a PVD buckle.
    Hope this helps
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    I wear mine on a Di Modell Chronissimo - it’s a military strap that (in my opinion) looks much better than a normal Bund.
    I have a PVD pd Chronograph and have it on a dark brown Chronissimo with a PVD buckle.
    Hope this helps
    James
    Yes, thanks James, just looked it up, an improvement on the Bund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Casio rubber strap for my Picard. It “flares” out in a similar manner to the bracelet.

It’s not ideal but I’ve yet to find something that’s better.

Master
    You should look out for a Tissot or Seiko bracelet from the '70s, which flares out to 23 or 24mm but fits 20mm lugs. I'm sure there are other brands with similar bracelets but, in my experience, Tissot or Seiko tend to crop up more often and can be picked up for £10 or £15. Frequently these were on quartz watches that have been junked.
    I can't find it now, but there was a sales post, for a few bracelets, sold on SC in the past few weeks that included a Seiko that would suit you - if I'd seen it in time I would have bought it as I'm a big fan of this case style and a few spare bracelets is always useful. I have used Tissot bracelets in the past and swapped the signed clasp cover for a plain one from my parts bin.

A few alternatives worth considering:

File the end links down from 24mm to 20mm - bracelet flares out to 22mm+. Very similar to the original 70's Heuer Montreal / Monaco bracelets by NSA.
    http://www.bear-uhrband.com/en/watch...1.product.html

Possibly a better finish to suit your case:
    https://heuerville.wordpress.com/201...n-convex-case/
    Last edited by TomGW; 20th December 2017 at 17:15.

My Omega Skin Diver has a similar case profile and I ended up getting a new bracelet from Omega.

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

All, thanks for the recommendations.

The watch has arrived. It's in lovely condition. Nice, but is it a keeper? I'm not convinced yet.

Lot of hands and buttons to keep me entertained.

Pusher at 2 - Start, pause, stop
    Crown at 3 - Screw down
    Pusher at 4 - Reset
    Sub-dial at 12 - Watch, 24h dial
    Sub-dial at 9 - Watch, running seconds
    Sub-dial at 6 - Chronograph, h counter
    Green centre hands - Watch, h and minute
    Orange centre hand - Chronograph second counter
    Orange and black centre hand - Chronograph minute counter
    Day window in German and date at 3.

Good lume for its age.

Sits high on the wrist like all Lemania 5100s.

Not keen on the leather Bund strap or Military printed on the dial, even though my collection tends towards military. I sold my Sinn EZM1 because of Einsatzzeitmesser on the dial thinking it was a naff military reference. A very bad decision in hindsight, one of many made around watches.

We'll see.

Quick iPad pic.

Last edited by BillyCasper; 14th January 2018 at 09:06.

I am not sure that's an Orfina. The case shape is different. It looks more like the later Tegler or Actos. Both of which are a lot rarer than the Orfina.
    Do you have an image of the case back? Either way I prefer these on a Bund strap. I wear my Tutima on one.

Orfina

Actos

Both pictures taken from the web.

Cheers

John

Yes sorry, it is an Arctos, engraved on the back with Bund etc. Forgot that I didn't mention Arctos in the title. I used Porsche/Orfina in the generic design context, rather than the specific Arctos.

Last edited by BillyCasper; 13th January 2018 at 15:47.

Very nice watch.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I think Porsche should stick to designing cars!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    I agree it's a bit marmite, I'm on the fence. It's subdued for a 70s design and the watch itself is very well made and in excellent condition.

Porsche car design? Panamera, Macan, Cayenne - pretty yucky!

Craftsman
    I'm a big fan of these and have two. One a black civi spec. This in restored condition and the other is a rarer grey PVD which was NOS and remains as new.

Back to the original question. No aftermarket bracelets I've seen on them look any good, but there are a few NOS ones around for the stainless model. There's one on eBay right now for a little over £200. Not cheap, but I guess it depends on what your interpretation of reasonable is for this watch. At least it would look right.

Might be worth an email to Schifferle & Schifferle to see if they have any. I've used them for service work and spares and they have been very helpful. They own the Orfina brand and a mass of spares from the original run of these watches. They're also experts in the individual models and know how to make them as new.

http://www.orfina.ch/schifferle_schifferle.html

Quote Originally Posted by dommorton View Post
    I'm a big fan of these and have two. One a black civi spec. This in restored condition and the other is a rarer grey PVD which was NOS and remains as new.

Back to the original question. No aftermarket bracelets I've seen on them look any good, but there are a few NOS ones around for the stainless model. There's one on eBay right now for a little over £200. Not cheap, but I guess it depends on what your interpretation of reasonable is for this watch. At least it would look right.

Might be worth an email to Schifferle & Schifferle to see if they have any. I've used them for service work and spares and they have been very helpful. They own the Orfina brand and a mass of spares from the original run of these watches. They're also experts in the individual models and know how to make them as new.

http://www.orfina.ch/schifferle_schifferle.html
    One minute I look at it and love it, next not so sure.

I've changed my mind and am know thinking of black leather, but not a Bund. Di Modell have a couple of candidates and Fluco. 24mm wide, but noticed down for 20mm spring bars.