closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Question for Panama Jack owners

Master

Question for Panama Jack owners

I'm no stranger to Sunday night's in front of the TV with the polishing kit out, looking after my shoes. However I had never come across grease before, as in no colour and swirl it on with a sponge. I got a tin of Panama Jack grease and did this honours this evening, which was very cathartic, and noticed quickly that the grease will probably last me until the end of this season but not beyond. With this in mind, do you fellow owners use the PJ grease or something else? Does Dubbin do the trick? Gotta say I do like the PJ stuff but it's not cheap when adding in UPS from Spain

I wonder if it's much different from dubbin?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    I wonder if it's much different from dubbin?
    That's my thinking. Can't be really but just wondering if anyone has tried anything but the PJ stuff?

Tell them you're allergic to lanolin and tallow!

Master
    I've only used the stuff that came with my PJ's on them so far, but have a tub of Renapur which I've used on other leather goods in the past with great success. It seems pretty similar actually to the PJ stuff in consistency and look.

Admittedly I don't use the Renapur often, but I've owned a £12 tub for years and have barely used any of it, so maybe worth trying?

Master
    My PJ’s are nubuck type material so aside from a brush occasionally I’ve done nothing too them, since nikwax changed to a tube I’ve gone right of that and switched to grangers was for my heavy wear boots, works a charm for me.