closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SCHAFFEN Kickstarter

I got an email yesterday to say mine is ready to ship!

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M
    The S65 ?

Please post some pics when it shows up, I'm still waiting for news from mine.

M
    Looking forward to the pictures and a review post!

It's arrived and I must say, initial impressions are very good.

Nice presentation in the box, solid feel to the watch (I wondered if it might feel a bit light and cheap, but not a bit of it!)

The movement seems tight and precise when setting it and the general finish of the case and dial look to be far better quality than the price led me to expect.

The bracelet seems nice quality too with a flush deployant style catch and screw pins.

The finished watch has the expected customisations as ordered.

Overall, after what's seemed like a long wait, I'm very pleased with the results at first sight.

Now to adjust the bracelet and wear it for a while.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Someone will want to see a wrist shot :)

M

Master
    Thanks for posting the pics and first impressions - I’m looking forward to mine now. Good to see the clasp, that looks to have turned out well. And are those a couple of half links at the end?

Master
    One of the best looking Kickstarters IMO!!

That looks really nice, and very close to the renders.

Did you have to pay customs duty / import costs?

Apprentice
    Looking pretty awesome! Did you get a shipping confirmation/tracking number? I received a mail 1 1/2 weeks ago asking me to confirm my shipping address, but nothing since.

Master
    Love to see what the white dial one looks like, looks great in the pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Someone will want to see a wrist shot :)

M

Just saw a couple of pictures of your watch - and of the mountain - on Instagram from Schaffen. Guess they’re pleased with how it came out!

Journeyman
    Nice looking watch.

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Is it still possible to order these? Or has the campaign closed?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    Is it still possible to order these? Or has the campaign closed?
    The KS campaign has long closed, but I think you can order from https://www.schaffenwatches.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Just saw a couple of pictures of your watch - and of the mountain - on Instagram from Schaffen. Guess they’re pleased with how it came out!
    Thanks, that's good to know :)

I'm away on holiday and didn't get a chance to resize the bracelet, so I've not worn it yet!

M

Journeyman
    That’s a good looking watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nuru View Post
    Looking pretty awesome! Did you get a shipping confirmation/tracking number? I received a mail 1 1/2 weeks ago asking me to confirm my shipping address, but nothing since.
    No, it just turned up one day, normal Royal Mail delivery with the postman.

Came from a German address.

M.

Apprentice
    No, it just turned up one day, normal Royal Mail delivery with the postman.
    Thanks for the additional information. Will have to wait, then. I'm just afraid the local postal service might fail to notify me of a parcel, as has happened in the past. Don't want it to go back! ;-)

Master
    Nice, good looking IWC ingenieur k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ homage

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Nice, good looking IWC ingenieur k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ homage
    Same old argument, but as someone said right in the original post...

"Pretty obvious what the inspirations are, but IWC don’t make the Genta style Ingenieur any more, and their crown guard was too big anyway."

"International Watch Company" always sounds like a Hong Kong Ripoff business to me anyway!

M

Master
    Same old argument, but as someone said right in the original post...

"Pretty obvious what the inspirations are, but IWC don’t make the Genta style Ingenieur any more, and their crown guard was too big anyway."

"International Watch Company" always sounds like a Hong Kong Ripoff business to me anyway!

M
    No argument, just observation. And I'm happy someone is carrying on the style, it is a good looker.

Just looked at the current IWC ones, how very boring in execution.

I know what you mean IWC, very happy pleasing sir watches, finest quartz automatics avairable

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    No argument, just observation. And I'm happy someone is carrying on the style, it is a good looker.
    Just looked at the current IWC ones, how very boring in execution.
    It is tragic that IWC simply gave up on the Jumbo Ingy. Apparently they didn't sell well and it seems they wrongly concluded that people didn't really want a more affordable alternative to the Royal Oak and Nautilus with genuine Genta heritage! I'm pretty sure they do though. In reality they didn't sell due to being quite highly priced for an S300 watch, and being completely outflanked by Omega on the anti-magnetic front - not to mention the oversized crown guard, my personal gripe, and the intentionally entry level plain dials. And the rest of the range were just stupidly huge. But it was nearly a great watch and had an excellent bracelet, and I wish they'd kept tweaking it until it worked. Frankly I don't care much if it's antimagnetic or not, they could have put a high accuracy quartz in it so long as they fixed the crown guard and slightly improved the dial. As for the other S65 inspiration, the Laureato, I've tried and tried to like it, but there's just something fusty about it, emanating from the date wheel font and spreading to the rest of the dial. If it could just be a bit more clean and modern... So as it is I'll take the Schaffen and see if that keeps me amused.

Finally got around to resizing the bracelet (2.5 links for me) and will wear it the rest of today (not tomorrow, probably, as I'm supposed to be diving).

Cheap screwdrivers and tight screws are not a great combination (NOW I find my better screwdrivers!), but I got it done.

Now it fits properly, it's even more apparent what a low profile watch it is, perfect for wearing under a shirt/suit sleeve, which is great as I bought it with that in mind (not that I often wear a suit anymore, but there are times!)

M

Last edited by snowman; 21st October 2018 at 12:15.

Had the watch on fairly continuously, except to sleep, for the last 2 days and I'm impressed by how comfortable it is.

I've a few bracelets with deployant like clasps and some dig into the underside of my wrist, but no such problem with this one.

If you've bought one, I'll be interested to see what you think, but I'm very impressed with mine (maybe my standards aren't high enough! ) and if you're on the fence about buying one, I would say don't be.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 22nd October 2018 at 11:37.

Still waiting for mine S65 here, out of curiosity, what was your backer number on KS?

Cheers

Apprentice
    Seems my backer # is 219. I finally got tracking information (had to ask by email) and it seems my watch shipped on or around October 11, after Schaffen having asked me to verify my shipping details on September 29.

I set up email alerts with the local post service, and imagine my surprise as I received an email this morning, telling me I had had a notification card in my mail box yesterday. No, there definitely was none. (Tracking also told me a second, unrelated international small parcel had been delivered to my mailbox yesterday, which also had not showed up...) So I was kind of happy to have tracking information because this allowed me to go to my local post office and ask them what the hell was going on. Unfortunately this seems to be a pattern for international signed-for small parcels that are treated as "big letters" by my local postal service.

Now I am hoping to pick it up at the other post office (of course it was not at the one where the tracking told me it would be) tonight. Fingers crossed.

Apprentice
    And it arrived:

Sorry for the atrocious photo quality.

Blue looks nice, following up with natural light shots?

M

Apprentice
    Blue looks nice, following up with natural light shots?

M
    I will try to follow up with better shots and ones in natural light, but unfortunately not before next week because I will be traveling.

I have to say that after seeing the photos of the grey dial in this thread, I did double-guess my choice of blue. And I was expecting it to be matte/dull. But it is actually a quite shiny metallic finish, which looks rather impressive. Very fitting as well, because my rotor has a stylized wave (inspired by the Great Wave of Kanagawa) on it:

Master
    Anyone else received theirs yet? Still waiting on mine with no comms from schaffen watches. Starting to wonder if I’ve done the right thing in giving them my money.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Yes. I got mine last week. No tracking number or notification of shipping, but as described by others, package was sent from within the EU, so no import or VAT to pay. I wouldn’t worry excessively, it will arrive eventually.

I was really impressed with the overall quality of the watch - the dial is particularly good and the upgrades to the bracelet are very welcome.

Will try to post some pictures at some point.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    Anyone else received theirs yet? Still waiting on mine with no comms from schaffen watches. Starting to wonder if I’ve done the right thing in giving them my money.

I’ve had a fair amount of communication during choosing the design. It might be taking a bit longer than intended but I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Apprentice

S65 Photos anyone?!

Hey guys,
    I’m in the process of ordering the blue face. Would love to see more pictures under normal daylight!
    Thanks

Master
    Thanks chaps. Finally got some comms going with Schaffen who say they will ship this week. Fingers crossed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    Thanks chaps. Finally got some comms going with Schaffen who say they will ship this week. Fingers crossed
    I also just heard that mine is also on the way. Slightly wishing I’d gone for the white dial, it looks lovely on their Instagram today.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    I’m in the process of ordering the blue face. Would love to see more pictures under normal daylight!
    Still not the best pics:

I emailed them this week and got a reply saying they would ship in the next few days, this was 5 days ago, I replied asking for tracking info but still no answer.

I'll just keep waiting.

Still not the best pics:

They look pretty decent to me - Thanks for posting!

The different colour dials really make the watches look quite different (not always true). Is that date wheel background blue or black?

I like a blue watch, but grey worked better for me in this case - The white looks good too from the photos I've seen, but I'm not a fan of white watches, so I doubt I'd ever wear it if I'd gone that way.

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=nuru;4925646]Still not the best pics:

WOW what a beautiful dynamic blue. it really makes the pattern even cooler with kind of a nautical vibe. sort of like an older Omega Seamaster 300 professional wave dial. thank you for taking the time the pictures are great!

would you mind to share a wrist shot?!
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 30th October 2018 at 22:40.

Apprentice

S65 Photos anyone?!

Hey does anybody have natural photos of the White or Blue face??

I am ordering mine in the next few days.

I am ordering mine in the next few days.

I just got a tracking a number, a blue one is en route. hopefully I will be able to post some photos soon.

Apprentice
    Is that date wheel background blue or black?
    I was wondering too... Looks like dark blue, but under a torch light it seems to be black.

would you mind to share a wrist shot?!
    Still not great shots, sorry:

For reference, my wrist is about 17 cm, rather round than flat.

Actually, all my photos were under natural light, even if they might not look that way. Not the best lighting conditions here.

Apprentice
    Actually, all my photos were under natural light, even if they might not look that way. Not the best lighting conditions here.[/QUOTE]

thanks again for these. they show the level of attention to detail and finishing on this piece. the lighting does show the true look of the dial which is what i was particularly curious about. I am also curious to see how the white version looks even though I am pretty much sold on the blue!

are you happy with it? any letdowns since you got it??

Apprentice
    are you happy with it? any letdowns since you got it??
    I'm happy so far. Only letdown for the moment is a tiny speck of dust that I believe to have spotted on the dial...

Apprentice
    who has received his? please share some pictures!

What a beaut! Has that Gerald genta vibe to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy so far. Only letdown for the moment is a tiny speck of dust that I believe to have spotted on the dial...
    That's a little amateur and the sort of thing that really annoys me.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    That's a little amateur and the sort of thing that really annoys me.
    To be completely honest, I think there may be a speck of dust but it could be an optical illusion due to the dial's texture. I am normally pretty OCD about this kind of stuff, but here it is not enough to bother me.

I wore the watch to work all week last week, and during the week-end when traveling, and I love the thing.

Mine landed this week and it's currently waiting to pass through customs.. this looks like a never ending story, i'm just hoping it arrives with no issues.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by barbosas View Post
    Mine landed this week and it's currently waiting to pass through customs.. this looks like a never ending story, i'm just hoping it arrives with no issues.
    speaking about long stories. it's been over a week since I got my last email from SCHAFFEN about chosing my font.
    payment was made over 2 weeks ago.

it is a long process but as long as the end product is worth it and within reasonable dalays I think it's fine.