closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New piano

Craftsman
    I've had the piano for a year and here is probably the final recording for now. This time around I tried to also use an overhead shot although this hasn't captured quite the perspective I was looking for and tends to be slightly wobbly in places (I also forgot to tidy the floor!). In any case here it is:

htly

I've listened to all in this thread and love your style. Not learning to pay the piano is one of life's regrets.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've listened to all in this thread and love your style. Not learning to pay the piano is one of life's regrets.

Eddie
    Many thanks Eddie - it is never too late to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    Many thanks Eddie - it is never too late to learn!
    Quite right! I've got two adult piano students both well into their 80s who enjoy learning a range of popular and classical music. I don't want to make any general medical claims re. the therapeutic benefits, but one of them swears it has held keep the arthritis in his fingers at bay and it has certainly kept his mind active. He told me that he was advised to learn a language or take up a musical instrument in his retirement to help keep his brain ticking over!

Master

Eddie
    Not learning to play any instrument is one of mine.😟. I love music too..

Not piano this time - but a tribute to those that risked and lost their lives in the Dam Buster raids during World War 2.

I've had the piano for a year and here is probably the final recording for now. This time around I tried to also use an overhead shot although this hasn't captured quite the perspective I was looking for and tends to be slightly wobbly in places (I also forgot to tidy the floor!). In any case here it is:

htly
    ^^^^
    Bravo!

Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Not learning to play any instrument is one of mine.. I love music too..

I decided at age 59Ĺ , 2 years ago, to cease dabbling and start learning guitar properly. You have to invest time, patience and frustration, and I've surprised myself with what I can do now. You're never too old!

Journeyman

Another superb performance. Thank you for posting these videos I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I hope you don't leave it too long before posting more.

Craftsman
    Many thanks for all your kind comments - I will endeavour to do further recordings in the new year.

Craftsman
    An impending house move has been sapping all my energy and I've not had much time at the keyboard recently. Here is a short improvised arrangement I recorded yesterday evening.

Last edited by jwillans; 29th April 2019 at 12:13.

Craftsman
    An impending house move has been sapping all my energy and I've not had much time at the keyboard recently. Here is a short improvised arrangement I recorded yesterday evening.

Thanks for making the time, very enjoyable

Good luck with the house move and hoping the piano also gets there safely

Craftsman
    As a child I was told my long thin fingers were meant to play the piano, unfortunately my tone deaf ears donít mix with them so my career was cut very short, enjoyed listening and watching your utubes, a pleasant alternative to what sometimes passes as music now. Thank you enviously.

Craftsman
    This morning I recorded this improvised version of "Close to Home" composed by Lyle Mays who died a few weeks back. Seems particularly apt given we are all in isolation!

Journeyman
    This morning I recorded this improvised version of "Close to Home" composed by Lyle Mays who died a few weeks back. Seems particularly apt given we are all in isolation!
    Absolutely wonderful, thankyou!

We got our 7 year old a piano for Christmas, as he's been having lessons. Other than getting him to actually practice, my favourite part is listening to 3 blind mice being butchered, over and over and over and over again. Your videos give me hope

Thank you again, please don't stop posting!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    Absolutely wonderful, thankyou!

We got our 7 year old a piano for Christmas, as he's been having lessons. Other than getting him to actually practice, my favourite part is listening to 3 blind mice being butchered, over and over and over and over again. Your videos give me hope

Thank you again, please don't stop posting!
    Many thanks Paddy!