closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where's best for Sinn servicing?

Master

Where's best for Sinn servicing?

My Sinn is losing about 30 seconds a day so guess it needs a service (think it's a few years old so no surprise really).

Where's the bast place to send it, to Chronomaster or back to Sinn, or somewhere else?

Also, any idea of typical cost? I don't think there's much wrong with it except for the time loss. Oh, and the screw in crown doesn't seem to screw in more than about 1/2 a turn, don't know if that's normal?

There was a problem with early 656s and the crown, which Sinn would generally fix under warranty, so I'd contact Sinn directly if I was you as that sounds like it needs attention. Chronomaster are a sales agent, they don't do servicing as far as I know (although they may be able to help you with the Sinn contact).

My 656 needs a service but nothing serious, I'm just going to use a regular watchmaker as there isn't anything odd about the movement and they didn't put the moisture indicator things in which would necessitate a return to Sinn for a routine service.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman
    I sent 2 different Sinn 656 models to Sinn over the years with failed crowns. Well, one was completely stripped and one was about a half-turn there. They were both early models with threads on the inside of the tube. Is yours like that?
    One was repaired free of charge(even though it was not under warranty) and sent back to me with a new crown and tube installed. The old one was packaged neatly in a plastic bag and returned also.
    Another one was sent more recently and Sinn insisted on also servicing the movement(which it did need, it was losing time badly like yours). The service cost was very reasonable, especially considering they replaced a bunch of worn out parts in the movement(again returned in a small plastic bag along with the old crown). I am sure a local watchmaker would charge me separately for all those parts that needed to be replaced. Sinn, like Rolex, only charged a set fee for the movement service. It now keeps chronometer-like time and the new crown is of course much sturdier with thick threads on the outside of the tube. There was a separate charge for the new crown, about 25EUR or so. RGM, the Sinn's USA official service center, gave me a quote of 175USD for the same. The only negative part of this experience for me was the cost of shipping back to me in North America. It cost more than the service. I really don't know why Sinn uses such an expensive courier. Still, the whole bit cost less than what the official Sinn service center would've charged me locally.

Hi Ari

I have had my Sinn recently serviced by the factory in Germany.

Really happy with the service, they changed all the parts that needed changing and I also received a little bag of worn parts (couldn't tell you what they were.!). Only downside is the turn around time was a good few weeks.

Thanks
    deano

Master
    That's very useful as ever, thank you gentlemen. Given the turn around time I might leave it a little while as I don't want to lose the watch as soon as I've got it, but it'll have to go back at some stage.

Does anyone have a contact email address, or is it a case of finding the official site and going from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    That's very useful as ever, thank you gentlemen. Given the turn around time I might leave it a little while as I don't want to lose the watch as soon as I've got it, but it'll have to go back at some stage.

Does anyone have a contact email address, or is it a case of finding the official site and going from there?
    Ari

The turn around time for my watch was over the xmas period, so there was a few weeks of shut down.

Check your PMs for the contact person I dealt with.

Thanks
    deano

Blog Entries
    Hi

FYI was talking to Neil today on this very subject and he said return to Sinn direct,just the watch and any warranty paperwork or card.

Turnaround about 4 weeks

Cheers

Martin
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE