closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Creating the next generation of WIS!

Master

Talking Creating the next generation of WIS!

My eldest son has always been slightly mocking (in a good humoured way) of my interest in watches and my modest collection. "What do you need a watch for, your phone shows the time, and anyway, why do you need more than one? You can only wear one at a time".

For my 21st I received my first 'proper' watch, a quartz Tag Heuer which I wore constantly (and still have of course). So for his, I said I'd buy him a watch (unless he particularly didn't want one, but no, he quite liked the idea of a watch even though he'd never owned one). So off we went into town, visited a few shops, and eventually settled on a Tag Heuer F1 quartz, which frankly he was blown away with (he hadn't expected me to pay that much but you only get one chance to mark a 21st and he's a great lad).

So anyway, Christmas comes and he figures it might be nice to have a cheap watch as he doesn't want to risk damaging the Tag at work or whatever so I suggest we go out after Christmas and find something in the sale. But I warn him he'll officially be a 'watch geek' like his dad if he has a second watch. He laughs and says 'no way, it's just a knock about watch, two watches isn't a collection'.

So we go into town and we look at a few and it's narrowed down to two, a Pulsar Chrono reduced to £75 and a Sekonda sports watch down to £29.99 (both quite a nice looking watches actually). He's really torn between the two so I suggest I get him the Pulsar and he buys the Sekonda himself, it's not dear. So that's what we do. And then I point out to him that he's definitely a sad 'watch geek' now, three watches is a collection without question!

I'm going to buy him a watch box for his birthday! :D

Haha, excellent. Being outed as a geek by your dad! Classic!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Nice! My son shares my watch passion, albeit not to the same insane degree, and I value that greatly. It drives my wife and daughter mad when we start talking about watches (especially when we pause the TV to try and work out what watch somebody is wearing!).

Master
    Blog Entries
    His turn to buy you trainers and a baseball cap.

Master
    Haha! That is his thing actually.

That is cool, my oldest son who is 17 is definitely starting to get into watches properly, he has started borrowing a few of mine but I spotted something he may like in the shape of a automatic seiko 5 in gold in second hand shop, picked it up for him and he loves it.

His Younger brother who is 13 likes watches too, which is lucky as I have a fair few of them. I have always loved watches as a kid my own dad could not pass a watch shop with out having a look and he always had one cool watch that he wore to destruction, then bought another one.

Master
    That’s cool my 8 year old loves watches and is always getting into me about getting him a Rolex lol

Master
    Good job!

My dad got ne into watches with his old avia, but has never bought me anything. Instead I'm the one always getting him watches. He trashed an avia I got him for his birthday last year, so today asked if he could borrow a rolex. Given he will wear a vintage dress watch while replacing the suspension on his campervan, no rolex was forthcoming and he got an HMT and an avia olympic instead.

I have actually recently got my dad interested in watches, I have bought him a couple (orient Bambino and Orange Mako) and he was looking at a Omega PO last time we were together in town

He has never been interested before :)

Craftsman
    My son wants a watch too although he is only 7. I went for a Lego Batman one... I had a watch for my 21st so will definitely do the same for my son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
    Nice! My son shares my watch passion, albeit not to the same insane degree, and I value that greatly. It drives my wife and daughter mad when we start talking about watches (especially when we pause the TV to try and work out what watch somebody is wearing!).
    This . My whole family lost the will to live when I paused Kong Skull island to view Brie larsons military Timex camper mk1 . “ oh dadddd”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and kids (18 and 21) don't share my enthusiasm for watches but they do humour me. They will listen to me ramble on about the intricacies of watches I admire, and then get back to what they are doing. I don't really see me persuading them that watches are actually interesting.