closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda Métrographe

Master

Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda Métrographe

A few people have asked me to pop some more pictures up on the forum of my latest purchase which is the Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda Métrographe.

Firstly I don’t own a decent camera so apologies, you are not going to get anything close to the recent GO post by Andy or anything like like Jocke would present to us. iPhone only. Hopefully it will show you this lovely piece.

With an eye on the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève winners 2017, Parmigiani Fleurier won the watch Prize for their Chrono Tonda Anniversaire. PF also won another award this year and has also won in previous years so a watch maker of real quality producing watches of high horological value. For anyone interested I have popped a link below to their history.

https://www.parmigiani.com/en/history

The Chrono got me looking at their Tonda Metro collection and specifically the Métrographe which is a chronograph from this collection and consists of 6 references. My choice was the PFC274-0001401-HE1442.

Its 40 mm by 12.2 mm and inside is a brand new new movement — the caliber PF315. It is an in-house made automatic movement with 351 components, 46 of which are jewels, and a 42-hour power reserve (with 2 series-coupled barrels). It has a very high level hand decoration, such as Côtes de Genève and beveled bridges. I have tried my best to show the lovely movement but on iPhone it difficult.

Functions include central hours and minutes, small seconds at 3 o’clock, a date indication and a 1/4th of a second chronograph with 30-minute and 12-hour counters.

The case is polished to a mirror finish and come with a steel non-locking crown and stunning dropped shaped lugs which I love. Water resistance is 30 meters. Anti-reflective sapphire crystal front and back.

The hands are Delta-shaped, with a luminescent coating as are the hour markers around the chronograph sub-dials which form a figure of 8. As I have said and shown in the ‘new arrivals’ thread the luminescent is quite bright.

I went for leather and the strap is a beautiful, genuine Hermès leather strap of the highest quality.

It’s packaged up lovely as you would expect and comes with a leather rolled travel case that you can carry two watches, a real nice touch.

I really haven’t done this beautiful watch any justice with the terrible photos I have taken so there is a link below to the piece which has some nice glossies.

https://www.parmigiani.com/en/watch/...0001401-HE1442

In summary I love it and its a piece of real quality, made by a company of real pedigree that produces watch of the highest horological standing.

I would love to know if there are any other PF owners on the forum, what you have got and what you think.

All the best
    Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fredamens; 7th January 2018 at 12:17.

Master
    Nice write up Fred, certainly a brand I've never heard of or seen any of their watches.
    Your photos have come out well for an iPhone, I think you've got potential :)
    That leather strap looks lovely and soft.
    The watch is not for me but always good to see other brands and watches I've not seen or heard of before so thanks for the write up. All the best Paul.

Master
    Thanks for the write up and pictures Fred, it's a beautiful watch from a below the radar quality brand. Hope you enjoy wearing it.

Wow, that is amazing. I have never seen one of these before I think, stunning.

The pictures are fine.

Craftsman
    Excellent watch and write up, and your pictures are far from bad! The Tonda range is on my long term radar.

Master
    They edge of the side of different which drew me to the brand, that and the awards. Also once I learned a little more about the watch maker, the quality and his story I was sold. As such, there may be appreciation of the brand and watchmaking prowess but their pieces may not be to everyone’s tastes. I wanted a little different.

As I said I haven’t heard much chat about PF on here so would be interested to know if there are any others out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Coincidentally just watching BillS review this watch, and your collection (I assume?), on YouTube.

Craftsman
    Could you stick a link to the YouTube review of the collection - I’d be interested to have a look at his take on it!!

I especially like the lume on your piece. Parmigiani seems to be quite under appreciated in the watch world. Thanks for sharing!

Very underrated brand. Lovely piece

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
    Coincidentally just watching BillS review this watch, and your collection (I assume?), on YouTube.
    Yes mate I love his channel and his style of delivery. His collection is pretty impressive to.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    Yes mate I love his channel and his style of delivery. His collection is pretty impressive to.
    Agreed, pretty much the only watch YouTuber I watch regularly now. Too much childish drama elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
    Have you got a link? Can't find a review of this by that name.

Master
    There you go.

https://youtu.be/yxwc5YpgCkA

There are a few photos of watches that I have moved moved on. He was saying I only like black face watches so I sent him proof that I have had other examples and he put them in there.

He is great and his F.P. Journe pieces are out of this world. Watch his SOTC if you have a moment.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the Parmigiani brand. Recently had the opportunity to visit their amazing boutique in Miami and handle most of their new pieces. Definitely a brand to keep an eye on.

Great, thank you for the link Fredamens

That's very nice. If I'm not mistaken Prince Charles wears a Parmigiani Toric chronograph.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    That's very nice. If I'm not mistaken Prince Charles wears a Parmigiani Toric chronograph.
    Does he, that’s interesting, how do you know?

Craftsman
    Thanks for sharing. Nice to see something different.

Bill Sanders is great, lovely bloke making good content about watches. Try WatchArtSci on YouTube if you get a chance.

A lovely looking PF - they certainly produce watches with interesting case shapes and dials, that are different to the usual suspects.

I also liked the YouTube review of your collection Fred.

Craftsman
    Where did you buy it? I've only seen these while window shopping in Geneva, never seen one for sale in the UK at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    A lovely looking PF - they certainly produce watches with interesting case shapes and dials, that are different to the usual suspects.

I also liked the YouTube review of your collection Fred.
    Thank you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Where did you buy it? I've only seen these while window shopping in Geneva, never seen one for sale in the UK at all.
    Dealer. Lots of places in London and you can also get them online. Jura even sell them.

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...0001401-he1442

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    ... I've only seen these while window shopping in Geneva, never seen one for sale in the UK at all.
    https://www.ogdenharrogate.co.uk/col...igiani-watches – had a chat with the owner/manager a while back, and he has a personal relationship with Michael, as well as a one-off custom piece.
    Can't recall his name, but very affable chap, and happy to chew the fat for a while without a definite sale pending.

Craftsman
    There you go.

https://youtu.be/yxwc5YpgCkA

There are a few photos of watches that I have moved moved on. He was saying I only like black face watches so I sent him proof that I have had other examples and he put them in there.

He is great and his F.P. Journe pieces are out of this world. Watch his SOTC if you have a moment.

Great, ta

Craftsman

This would suggest so....

I don't remember where I first came upon the information but a quick Google comes up with this, for example:

http://www.fashionbeans.com/2017/the...rful-men-wear/

Master
    I now think prince Charles is cool

Craftsman
    Seven words nobody has ever said before.

Lovely looking watch, a bit unusual in its design.

Craftsman
    I now think prince Charles is cool

Something I’m not sure he’d reciprocate!

Master
    Get with the times boys - Prince Charles is the new Ambassador for parmigiani, a bit like Beckham is for Tudor. Similar levels of cool

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Father Time View Post
    Lovely looking watch, a bit unusual in its design.
    I like unusual. Something different from the norm.