closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Cremation or burial sir?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cremation

35 46.05%
  • Burial

16 21.05%
  • Not bothered. Anything will do.

25 32.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you want to be disposed of when the time comes?

Flushed down the toilet.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I will be doing a Bowie, cardboard box and cremated between other main services, no church nada, no one attending, just disposed of.

all paid for, and still came in at just over a grand

In a concrete pillar holding up a motorway flyover..........Ah, the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Wouldn't you rather do something along those 'lines' before you die?
    Given the chance yes, but married :(

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    When I was at uni one of my flatmates was a medic. He used to come back and tell us tales of how they made fun of the cadavers . Not very ethical I suppose but they were 1st year medical students.
    That's my thoughts too. Especially the female ones giggling about genitalia. It would be when it's at it's least magnificent and shrivelled up, I bet, if I left it to research etc.
    Last edited by Ventura; 29th December 2017 at 10:50. Reason: Grammar poor

Master
    Whatever gives the most comfort to those left behind. All said and done I won’t be around to care.

I've already donated my body to a medical school when I've gone, young doctors need the practice and neither I nor my family will have any use for what's left of what I was, when I'm dead.... The students may giggle but hopefully they may learn something in the process...

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    I've already donated my body to a medical school when I've gone, young doctors need the practice and neither I nor my family will have any use for what's left of what I was, when I'm dead....
    you could always save some bone meal for the bonsai
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman

How do you want to be disposed of when the time comes?

Being Hindu, I will be cremated after donating as many of my organs as possible.

I have been to many Hindu funerals (unfortunately) in the U.K. but have never seen or heard of the crack in the skull thing. It must be a religious tradition in India.

Over here, the body is brought back home in a normal coffin and then funeral rites are performed by a Hindu priest with family and friends in attendance. Everyone then walks around the body and throws flowers into the coffin to pay their respects.

The coffin is then taken to a crematorium where said priest performs further prayers with all the family and friends in attendance once again. Most of the time spilling out of the chapel doors. Speeches are given etc.

Someone from the immediate family then presses a button and the coffin serenely slides out of sight through some small doors. Presumably picked up by someone on the other side.

The undertakers then guide the immediate family to a special viewing area where they can see the coffin being put into the incinerator. The person who does this, allows the family to pay their final respects before sliding the coffin into the incinerator and closing the doors. I have only ever seen this once. Many years ago at the funeral of my maternal Grandfather.

The family then lines up outside for people to walk past and pay their condolences. Everyone then back to the family home for a meal.

Traditionally, one must take a bath after going to a Hindu funeral and also wash the clothes worn to the funeral. This is more a cultural tradition rather than a religious one and stems from how funerals are performed in India where smoke and ashes from the body and the wood used can cling to your skin and clothes so you need to cleanse yourself of this when you get home.

It all sounds like a very long process but it’s usually all over in half a day or so at the very most.

In the U.K. the environment is a huge consideration (and rightly so in my opinion) so funeral pyres out in the open are forbidden. In India there are no such considerations and pretty much anything goes.

The ashes are collected from the crematorium. Usually a few members of the family will go to India to scatter the ashes in the River Ganges. If this is not possible then they can be scattered anywhere really. There is no hard and fast rule.

If the body can be cremated in the holy city of Varanasi, then it is thought that the soul has been freed and will not be reincarnated into another physical body. Many people in India will travel to Varanasi when they are close to death for this reason.

Kapish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Watchfreek; 29th December 2017 at 11:30.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    When I was at uni one of my flatmates was a medic. He used to come back and tell us tales of how they made fun of the cadavers . Not very ethical I suppose but they were 1st year medical students.
    My Mrs is a nurse and gets to see a lot of people die, she used to be in hospital but now works in the community and has to deal with the dying process in the patient’s home’s.

Her wish is to die at home with family and community nurse support this is due to how disrespectful she’s seen nurses behave in hospital with the dead bodies!

This might be a 'solution' ok for me
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/...lving_the_dead

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Cremation for me. Burial just takes up to much space.
    Cheery festive thread. I think cremation for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Soylent Green.

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Soylent Green.
    You want ketchup with that?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Black bag, dissolved in acid, fed to the crows..... I’m not bothered, will be past caring by then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Cremation, no religion involved. My wife knows where I want my ashes scattered.
    +1 with the cremation bit and hopefully one of the kids / cousin will scatter the ashes, no wife here.

I would be happy with the Bricktop solution.

Alas SWMBO has decided on a wicker coffin and "planted" at the end of the garden next to the Birch Tree.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche