closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The sales might be really good this year

The sales might be really good this year

Last year was a bit of a damp squib but the impression I got when at ADs today was that they were going to heavily discount some pieces, particularly Omega and Breitling. I was even offered a BNIB Air King for £3,750 today and if they are prepared to discount on some Rolex models I can only imagine what will happen with some of the other brands. Also was offered Omega Planet Ocean Deep Black for £6k down from £8320 and I suspect they may have gone a bit further too.

So I'm keeping my powder dry for the bargains I hope materialise. Obviously don't expect to get a penny off most of the Rolex Sports range but I was surprised at the discount offered on the Air King

Edited to add there is no way I'm going to share the details of the Air King AD, sorry, as it may get the AD in trouble and I'm a repeat customer there - and no Rolex will be openly discounted online/AD window unless the AD has/wants to lose their Rolex status
    Last edited by ryanb741; 24th December 2017 at 19:29.

Invariably, the watch you want to buy is not included in the sale...

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Invariably, the watch you want to buy is not included in the sale...
    That's true for many but I suspect a lot of people will be tempted to bite if a DSOTM turns up at £5k instead of £8.4k, some of the pricier Breitlings as well. Obviously zero chance of Subs, Speedy Pros etc being in the sales. But the Planet Oceans may be reduced.

BTW avoid the Ernest Jones sales like the plague - often it's store stock which is scratched to hell or the order never gets fulfilled after a week long wait and then they refund you. They are awful at this in my experience.

Craftsman
    Not sure about UK, but economies seem to be picking up. If i had to guess the demand for luxury watches will go up.

Master
    Unfortunately I don’t think the UK economy is looking up. Today’s Sunday Times business headline was “Christmas panic grips high street” because of the worst trading in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

....people will be tempted to bite if a DSOTM turns up at £5k...BTW avoid the Ernest Jones sales like the plague - often it's store stock which is scratched to hell or the order never gets fulfilled after a week long wait and then they refund you. They are awful at this in my experience.
    Exactly! My local Omega dealer didn't initially stock that range of Omegas, so their chance to make a sale evaporated on the spot. Pathetic really, rather like the next-door Rolex dealer that couldn't even change a bezel without sending it back to Rolex.
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 24th December 2017 at 20:48.

Air King is arguably the prettiest and most desirable watch in the Rolex sports SS line up and future classic, can't imagine why they want to discount it
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    With my conversations with several retail managers, they all mentioned this year was far softer than last year. Alot of clients now come in and they do not buy the first time, and think alot more. Whereas he mentioned last year, people were more impulsive and bought without too much lag.

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Air King is arguably the prettiest and most desirable watch in the Rolex sports SS line up and future classic, can't imagine why they want to discount it
    It has been in their window for a few weeks and it's end of 2017 sales target period hence the offer as they are after their bonuses. I can't work out if I like the watch or don't like it - probably will regret not buying it but I don't like it enough to fork out nearly £4k on it.

They would have done same discount on the black and white explorer 2s by the way. No other SS sports were in stock

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    With my conversations with several retail managers, they all mentioned this year was far softer than last year. Alot of clients now come in and they do not buy the first time, and think alot more. Whereas he mentioned last year, people were more impulsive and bought without too much lag.

Bricks and Mortar places are having their lunches eaten by the on line market place. All my wife's and son's gifts have come from on-line shops. I personally cannot stand going shopping these days.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    😂😂

Blog Entries
    It has been in their window for a few weeks and it's end of 2017 sales target period hence the offer as they are after their bonuses. I can't work out if I like the watch or don't like it - probably will regret not buying it but I don't like it enough to fork out nearly £4k on it.

They would have done same discount on the black and white explorer 2s by the way. No other SS sports were in stock
    What did the Exp2 work out to please?

I’m sure you’d flip it on here quite easily at the price you paid for it!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I'd definitely be interested in the beauty! 😉

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    What did the Exp2 work out to please?
    Given that an Air King at £3750 equates to approx 17.5% discount. An Explorer 2 should come in around £4900 with similar level of discount

The sales might be really good this year

No it was £700 off same as Air King

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per earlier post I can't share AD details sorry as that info could get them in trouble with Rolex and it was an offer specific to me (and I guess other people who spend a fair bit in there). If it was Omega or Breitling thats a different matter. You can understand I'm sure.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 24th December 2017 at 22:40.

Blog Entries
    Tbh I’m not a watch tout

Craftsman
    Missed the dsotm on the goldsmiths sale for £5600! If anyone knows any other similar deals please let me know. Would appreciate it loads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I've just seen that there was. GSOTM on the Goldsmiths website for £5900 which was a great deal. Sadly out of stock now.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Tbh I’m not a watch tout
    I was actually referring to the Air King the OP was considering.

Sorry for any confusion.

Craftsman
    Ha, superb.

Blog Entries
    I was actually referring to the Air King the OP was considering.

Sorry for any confusion.
    Came after my post so assumed wrongly. My bad.

but I was surprised at the discount offered on the Air King
    It has sat unloved in the window of that particular AD for, it must be, 3 months now.

Blog Entries
    As per earlier post I can't share AD details sorry as that info could get them in trouble with Rolex and it was an offer specific to me (and I guess other people who spend a fair bit in there). If it was Omega or Breitling thats a different matter. You can understand I'm sure.
    No worries was interested as hope my nearest AD will be getting me one next year, but probably won’t get any discount.