closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Surprisingly quick acquisition of an SD43

Craftsman

Surprisingly quick acquisition of an SD43

I've been trying to buy an SD43 for a while now. I put my name down at three of four AD's a few months ago but was pretty much told it would be 2 years + and some told me they weren't taking any more names. Low and behold I got a call from an AD today to say I was next on the list and one was coming in, in the next few days. Result!! And much, much quicker than I had been led to believe. Hoping this will be a keeper as the DSSD didn't work out for me.

Master
    maybe the supply "bubble" has burst and you will get 4?
    Last edited by BillN; 21st December 2017 at 17:00.

Craftsman
    When did you put your name down for the SD43? Pre Basel?
    I'm on the list with an AD in the west mids but they have been pretty evasive over the phone on the occasions I've made enquiries. I have been on almost immediately after the release. So fingers crossed

Mark

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    I'm on the list with an AD in the west mids but they have been pretty evasive over the phone on the occasions I've made enquiries. I have been on almost immediately after the release. So fingers crossed

Mark
    Not a dealer that begins with the letter R is it?

Master
    Lists don’t generally mean squat. I picked up a watch from an AD because I happened to a) ask b) be able to buy there and then.

Had 30+ names on list apparently but sells to me with no history.

Honest advice would be to ask, ask and ask again.

Back to topic, by all accounts the SD43 are coming through at a steady pace.

Any hint by the client that he will pay a premium and he jumps lists like a happy lamb
    Thats what happens here

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Not a dealer that begins with the letter R is it?
    No :-) its not the fellas in Wolverhampton.

Merry Hell unfortunately.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Lad View Post
    I've been trying to buy an SD43 for a while now. I put my name down at three of four AD's a few months ago but was pretty much told it would be 2 years + and some told me they weren't taking any more names. Low and behold I got a call from an AD today to say I was next on the list and one was coming in, in the next few days. Result!! And much, much quicker than I had been led to believe. Hoping this will be a keeper as the DSSD didn't work out for me.
    Well done, I think I prefer the SD43 over the deepsea anyway. The cyclops is not everyones thing but I love it on my Sub.

Grand Master
    Good luck to the OP, but it’s a crazy situation where people are made to feel privileged to part with a large of sum of money to buy a watch, it’s totally wrong.

Not my taste, I ‘d rather have a club foot than one of these on my wrist.....but it’s each to his own.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    It was September this year from memory. As others have indicated, I don't think lists mean an awful lot - they are not contractual and no deposits are taken. For all I know they could just run down a list of phone numbers and the first to pick up is offered the watch.

2 weeks for me but I had just done them a favor by buying the SD4K that was hanging around unwanted.

Craftsman
    My parents have a holiday home in southern Spain, around October time they were visiting a local small 'city', mainly Spanish rather than a holiday resort type place and he popped in to the Rolex AD for the first time there. After chatting with the owner he asked about the SD43 and availability, 4 days later he had the watch on his wrist. I think he was just very lucky plus the AD is not in a major city so likely to have smaller waiting lists.

He used it for a few weeks but couldn't get away with it so sold it to a friend. He has a 16700 GMT and 116520 Daytona but found the SD43 too bulky for his wrists & everyday use.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I find it interesting that Rolex have gone larger with this when others are going smaller.

Was offered one a week or two ago. Swopped it for a Deepsea Cameron as I wanted one more. AD was happy enough to change my allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I got mine in 7 weeks of putting my name down.

I had bought one watch from them in the last six months.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Lists don’t generally mean squat. I picked up a watch from an AD because I happened to a) ask b) be able to buy there and then.

Had 30+ names on list apparently but sells to me with no history.

Honest advice would be to ask, ask and ask again.

Back to topic, by all accounts the SD43 are coming through at a steady pace.
    I would have to agree with this, very sound advice