closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Are Watch Enthusiasts Influencing New Watch Trends?

Are Watch Enthusiasts Influencing New Watch Trends?

Here's a question I have been asking myself this morning since reading the email from Salon QP listing its top watches of 2017.

For years we watch enthusiasts have been adapting our watches to suit our own tastes, whether it is swapping the OEM bracelet and strap to vintage-look straps, NATO straps, beads-of-rice or mesh bracelets. Sometimes it's as simple as finding a strap with coloured stitching that picks up dial or bezel detail and colour. Chunky leather (Toshi for example) straps to counter-balance large cases...

Today we seeing new watches sold with vintage-style and pre-distressed leather straps, with an option of NATO and bracelet, or highly-coloured contrasting strap stitching. What's influencing the designers? Is it us? Are we driving fashion?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    Here's a question I have been asking myself this morning since reading the email from Salon QP listing its top watches of 2017.

For years we watch enthusiasts have been adapting our watches to suit our own tastes, whether it is swapping the OEM bracelet and strap to vintage-look straps, NATO straps, beads-of-rice or mesh bracelets. Sometimes it's as simple as finding a strap with coloured stitching that picks up dial or bezel detail and colour. Chunky leather (Toshi for example) straps to counter-balance large cases...

Today we seeing new watches sold with vintage-style and pre-distressed leather straps, with an option of NATO and bracelet, or highly-coloured contrasting strap stitching. What's influencing the designers? Is it us? Are we driving fashion?
    I think it takes a few people who don’t care about fashion to try new things the hipsters and masses catch on and the next thing it’s a cultural phenomenon and fed into the design market machine e.g Daniel Wellington . Effectively yes we drive fashion . I also think it’s cyclical. What was once popular wasn’t then is regurgitated and is again e.g music , clothing to an extent watches .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and they have done for ages. Those marketing geeks need to get their inspiration from somewhere.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Yes and they have done for ages. Those marketing geeks need to get their inspiration from somewhere.
    They'd get a shock if they met us...

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    They'd get a shock if they met us...
    Anything with polished centre links and an mx5 on the front would do
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Don’t you get the post Basel call each year - what shall we do next for your pleasure sir ?

One more post and the sub forum advising watch manufacturers will open for you