closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Samurai straps

Craftsman

Seiko Samurai straps

Evening all,

I’ve just bought a blue samurai and fancy sticking it on a nice fitted rubber strap. Best option that I can see is the one that comes on some versions of the PADI model. Does anyone know where these can be purchased? Did a search online but keeps on come up with the terrible (sorry) skx ones, of which I have owned many and worn never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Can’t help you with the strap you’re looking for but as an alternative take a look at the Bonetto Cinturini range of straps.

Uncle Seiko waffle? Not fitted but lovely strap…

https://www.uncleseiko.com/store/p8/...ch--__V.2.html

Craftsman
    Thanks fellas, both great options.

Apprentice
    Crafter blue told me they are working on a fitted strap. Fitted is the way to go and worth the wait

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdreg View Post
    Crafter blue told me they are working on a fitted strap. Fitted is the way to go and worth the wait
    I actually emailed them to ask about this yest, guess I don’t need to wait on their reply.

It's not fitted but when I had my blue (lagoon) Samurai, my preferred strap was the ISofranealike from Borealis: https://goo.gl/photos/wuEiNgUVLHzsthzz9

Craftsman

Seiko Samurai straps

For anyone interested I did a bit of digging and the rubber strap that ships on the PADI model (non uk variants) appears to be the R02F011J9, as available on the turtle. Looks great I think but seems to be only available in the states. Roughly £30 + shipping and vat.

Pic from eBay -

Last edited by RBear1981; 20th December 2017 at 13:30.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    It's not fitted but when I had my blue (lagoon) Samurai, my preferred strap was the ISofranealike from Borealis: https://goo.gl/photos/wuEiNgUVLHzsthzz9
    V cool, I like that. There’s a similarly nice one at Watch gecko I’ve been looking at.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    For anyone interested I did a bit of digging and the rubber strap that ships on the PADI model (non uk variants) appears to be the R02F011J9, as available on the turtle. Looks great I think but seems to be only available in the states. Roughly £30 + shipping and vat.

Pic from eBay -

I just bought that very model from SC, the postman delivered it Monday!
    I asked Seiko UK about the price for the metal strap for it and is £87.56 plus vat. The part number is M0FPA37J0.
    I will probably order it in the New Year

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I just bought that very model from SC, the postman delivered it Monday!
    I asked Seiko UK about the price for the metal strap for it and is £87.56 plus vat. The part number is M0FPA37J0.
    I will probably order it in the New Year

What do you think of the rubber strap mate? Worth purchasing ahead of other options? I haven’t recd my watch yet but can give an opinion on the bracelet when it arrives if you’re interested

Craftsman
    What do you think of the rubber strap mate? Worth purchasing ahead of other options? I haven’t recd my watch yet but can give an opinion on the bracelet when it arrives if you’re interested

The rubber is one of the best I have seen, it is very soft and comfortable. Well worth it in my opinion.
    Yes I would be interested in your thoughts on the steel bracelet.

Search for SEIKO R02F011J0 ... You can get them for around £40 in the UK. It's the actual strap supplied with the Samurai.

The rubber is one of the best I have seen, it is very soft and comfortable. Well worth it in my opinion.

I had the watch previously and agree the official rubber strap is the best Seiko strap I've had so far.

Looks great on the watch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdreg View Post
    Sorry for going off the thread but love that combo. Where can I get that strap???

Craftsman

Seiko Samurai straps

So, I got the watch today mate. I think if you’re interested in a bracelet option it’s worth the money. At only 80-90 quid it ain’t high end but feels pretty tight, looks solid and the clasp certainly seems up to the job. Half marks off for links only being brushed on the top side but at this price point Im just being a dick about it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Sorry for going off the thread but love that combo. Where can I get that strap???

It’s an Everest
    Stupid expensive but I wouldn’t have anything else

Craftsman
    So, I got the watch today mate. I think if you’re interested in a bracelet option it’s worth the money. At only 80-90 quid it ain’t high end but feels pretty tight, looks solid and the clasp certainly seems up to the job. Half marks off for links only being brushed on the top side but at this price point Im just being a dick about it.

Thanks for the review, I am not sure if I will have it on the bracelet much as the rubber is so comfortable. For the price I think I will still get one so I have the option.
    Have you sent yours back?

Craftsman
    Thanks for the review, I am not sure if I will have it on the bracelet much as the rubber is so comfortable. For the price I think I will still get one so I have the option.

Yep sent back for a refund and bought one in store to avoid the same issue and to get it for the holidays. Got a decent discount so happy ending to the story. I reckon I'll probably buy the strap too but will see how I get on with the bracelet for a while first.

Craftsman
    Incidentally, does anyone have the turtle strap discussed on a blue/grey samurai? Would be great to see a pic of this combo.

Craftsman

Seiko Samurai straps

Quick follow up on this. Now I have my bracelet sized and have had time to form an opinion, I’m not a big fan and will most likely be swapping it out. I do think it looks good on a bracelet but unfortunately I have been spoiled and this just feels a bit cheap and rattly for liking and also makes for a rather heavy load. Will give it a chance but thought it was worth giving a more informed opinion. Prob worth mentioning also that this is the first bracelet I’ve tried in this price range.

Last edited by RBear1981; 22nd December 2017 at 18:29.

Craftsman
    Quick follow up on this. Now I have my bracelet sized and have had time to form an opinion, I’m not a big fan and will most likely be swapping it out. I do think it looks good on a bracelet but unfortunately I have been spoiled and this just feels a bit cheap and rattly for liking and also makes for a rather heavy load. Will give it a chance but thought it was worth giving a more informed opinion. Prob worth mentioning also that this is the first bracelet I’ve tried in this price range.

Ok thanks for that.
    I am used to bracelets at a higher price point so your thoughts are quite valid for me. I may well stick to the thing that attracted me to this watch in the first place, the lovely rubber strap!

I think the bracelet is pretty good - I’ve tried mine on rubber (just a standard flat vent seiko rubber) and imho the case shape suits the bracelet end links much better than rubber.

Craftsman

Seiko Samurai straps

This fella just in. V pleased, tho will still be keeping my eye out for the crafter blue in January!

Last edited by RBear1981; 30th December 2017 at 19:43.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I think the bracelet is pretty good - I’ve tried mine on rubber (just a standard flat vent seiko rubber) and imho the case shape suits the bracelet end links much better than rubber.

Tbh I think it’s the clasp more than the bracelet that sucks just a little (imo)

Apprentice
    Not rubber but waterproof leather

WTB - SEIKO R02F011J0

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Search for SEIKO R02F011J0 ... You can get them for around £40 in the UK. It's the actual strap supplied with the Samurai.
    I recently picked up the Samurai 'blue lagoon' and would like to give one of these a go, does anyone have one to sell on?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

The OE rubber is brilliant... I've since sold my Samurai, but these pics show it well. The clasp was a chunky thing... very well made:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    The OE rubber is brilliant... I've since sold my Samurai, but these pics show it well. The clasp was a chunky thing... very well made:

It looks like it might be a bit of a lint magnet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    It looks like it might be a bit of a lint magnet?
    Yeah... Although it brushed off easily.