closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: Seiko Samurai straps

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604

    Seiko Samurai straps

    Evening all,

    Iíve just bought a blue samurai and fancy sticking it on a nice fitted rubber strap. Best option that I can see is the one that comes on some versions of the PADI model. Does anyone know where these can be purchased? Did a search online but keeps on come up with the terrible (sorry) skx ones, of which I have owned many and worn never!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    3,546
    Canít help you with the strap youíre looking for but as an alternative take a look at the Bonetto Cinturini range of straps.

  3. #3
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    8,725
    Uncle Seiko waffle? Not fitted but lovely strapÖ

    https://www.uncleseiko.com/store/p8/...ch--__V.2.html

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604
    Thanks fellas, both great options.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Milton On. Canada
    Posts
    23
    Crafter blue told me they are working on a fitted strap. Fitted is the way to go and worth the wait

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdreg View Post
    Crafter blue told me they are working on a fitted strap. Fitted is the way to go and worth the wait
    I actually emailed them to ask about this yest, guess I donít need to wait on their reply.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,895
    It's not fitted but when I had my blue (lagoon) Samurai, my preferred strap was the ISofranealike from Borealis: https://goo.gl/photos/wuEiNgUVLHzsthzz9

  9. #9
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604

    Seiko Samurai straps

    For anyone interested I did a bit of digging and the rubber strap that ships on the PADI model (non uk variants) appears to be the R02F011J9, as available on the turtle. Looks great I think but seems to be only available in the states. Roughly £30 + shipping and vat.

    Pic from eBay -




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RBear1981; 20th December 2017 at 13:30.

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    It's not fitted but when I had my blue (lagoon) Samurai, my preferred strap was the ISofranealike from Borealis: https://goo.gl/photos/wuEiNgUVLHzsthzz9
    V cool, I like that. Thereís a similarly nice one at Watch gecko Iíve been looking at.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    For anyone interested I did a bit of digging and the rubber strap that ships on the PADI model (non uk variants) appears to be the R02F011J9, as available on the turtle. Looks great I think but seems to be only available in the states. Roughly £30 + shipping and vat.

    Pic from eBay -




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just bought that very model from SC, the postman delivered it Monday!
    I asked Seiko UK about the price for the metal strap for it and is £87.56 plus vat. The part number is M0FPA37J0.
    I will probably order it in the New Year

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I just bought that very model from SC, the postman delivered it Monday!
    I asked Seiko UK about the price for the metal strap for it and is £87.56 plus vat. The part number is M0FPA37J0.
    I will probably order it in the New Year

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    What do you think of the rubber strap mate? Worth purchasing ahead of other options? I havenít recd my watch yet but can give an opinion on the bracelet when it arrives if youíre interested


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    What do you think of the rubber strap mate? Worth purchasing ahead of other options? I havenít recd my watch yet but can give an opinion on the bracelet when it arrives if youíre interested


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The rubber is one of the best I have seen, it is very soft and comfortable. Well worth it in my opinion.
    Yes I would be interested in your thoughts on the steel bracelet.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Search for SEIKO R02F011J0 ... You can get them for around £40 in the UK. It's the actual strap supplied with the Samurai.

  15. #15
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    The rubber is one of the best I have seen, it is very soft and comfortable. Well worth it in my opinion.
    Yes I would be interested in your thoughts on the steel bracelet.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I had the watch previously and agree the official rubber strap is the best Seiko strap I've had so far.

    Looks great on the watch as well.

  16. #16
    Master woodacre1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdreg View Post
    Crafter blue told me they are working on a fitted strap. Fitted is the way to go and worth the wait
    Sorry for going off the thread but love that combo. Where can I get that strap???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604

    Seiko Samurai straps

    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    The rubber is one of the best I have seen, it is very soft and comfortable. Well worth it in my opinion.
    Yes I would be interested in your thoughts on the steel bracelet.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    So, I got the watch today mate. I think if youíre interested in a bracelet option itís worth the money. At only 80-90 quid it ainít high end but feels pretty tight, looks solid and the clasp certainly seems up to the job. Half marks off for links only being brushed on the top side but at this price point Im just being a dick about it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Milton On. Canada
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Sorry for going off the thread but love that combo. Where can I get that strap???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís an Everest
    Stupid expensive but I wouldnít have anything else

  19. #19
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    So, I got the watch today mate. I think if youíre interested in a bracelet option itís worth the money. At only 80-90 quid it ainít high end but feels pretty tight, looks solid and the clasp certainly seems up to the job. Half marks off for links only being brushed on the top side but at this price point Im just being a dick about it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the review, I am not sure if I will have it on the bracelet much as the rubber is so comfortable. For the price I think I will still get one so I have the option.
    Have you sent yours back?

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Thanks for the review, I am not sure if I will have it on the bracelet much as the rubber is so comfortable. For the price I think I will still get one so I have the option.
    Have you sent yours back?

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Yep sent back for a refund and bought one in store to avoid the same issue and to get it for the holidays. Got a decent discount so happy ending to the story. I reckon I'll probably buy the strap too but will see how I get on with the bracelet for a while first.

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604
    Incidentally, does anyone have the turtle strap discussed on a blue/grey samurai? Would be great to see a pic of this combo.

  22. #22
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604

    Seiko Samurai straps

    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Thanks for the review, I am not sure if I will have it on the bracelet much as the rubber is so comfortable. For the price I think I will still get one so I have the option.
    Have you sent yours back?

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Quick follow up on this. Now I have my bracelet sized and have had time to form an opinion, Iím not a big fan and will most likely be swapping it out. I do think it looks good on a bracelet but unfortunately I have been spoiled and this just feels a bit cheap and rattly for liking and also makes for a rather heavy load. Will give it a chance but thought it was worth giving a more informed opinion. Prob worth mentioning also that this is the first bracelet Iíve tried in this price range.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RBear1981; 22nd December 2017 at 18:29.

  23. #23
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    Quick follow up on this. Now I have my bracelet sized and have had time to form an opinion, Iím not a big fan and will most likely be swapping it out. I do think it looks good on a bracelet but unfortunately I have been spoiled and this just feels a bit cheap and rattly for liking and also makes for a rather heavy load. Will give it a chance but thought it was worth giving a more informed opinion. Prob worth mentioning also that this is the first bracelet Iíve tried in this price range.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok thanks for that.
    I am used to bracelets at a higher price point so your thoughts are quite valid for me. I may well stick to the thing that attracted me to this watch in the first place, the lovely rubber strap!

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    I think the bracelet is pretty good - Iíve tried mine on rubber (just a standard flat vent seiko rubber) and imho the case shape suits the bracelet end links much better than rubber.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604

    Seiko Samurai straps

    This fella just in. V pleased, tho will still be keeping my eye out for the crafter blue in January!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RBear1981; 30th December 2017 at 19:43.

  26. #26
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I think the bracelet is pretty good - Iíve tried mine on rubber (just a standard flat vent seiko rubber) and imho the case shape suits the bracelet end links much better than rubber.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tbh I think itís the clasp more than the bracelet that sucks just a little (imo)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Milton On. Canada
    Posts
    23
    Not rubber but waterproof leather

  28. #28
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,302

    WTB - SEIKO R02F011J0

    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Search for SEIKO R02F011J0 ... You can get them for around £40 in the UK. It's the actual strap supplied with the Samurai.
    I recently picked up the Samurai 'blue lagoon' and would like to give one of these a go, does anyone have one to sell on?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  29. #29
    The OE rubber is brilliant... I've since sold my Samurai, but these pics show it well. The clasp was a chunky thing... very well made:




  30. #30
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    The OE rubber is brilliant... I've since sold my Samurai, but these pics show it well. The clasp was a chunky thing... very well made:



    It looks like it might be a bit of a lint magnet?

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    It looks like it might be a bit of a lint magnet?
    Yeah... Although it brushed off easily.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information