Started my WIS journey probably the same year I joined TZ, so it's been some time. To say I peaked would be an understatement, but I wasn't happy owning such expensive and rare watches, so 2 years ago I sold the lot and reached a crossroads as to where I would go next.

This year I have dabbled with many of the micro brands, but it's only really been Timefactors that has kept my attention, representing fantastic build quality, robustness and extremely good value for money.

So where have I ended up?

PRS-18A - great little watch and for me the perfect beater. Mind you the wife likes to wear it more often than not.

Dan Henry - love the retro dial and cheap as chips!

Seiko SKX007 - The only watch I bought prior to joining TZ and I still have it. Modded and loved by my eldest son who wears it most weekends, so I guess it's his now if I'm honest.

PRS-42 B-UHR - Always wanted an original and when Eddie produced his lack of funds meant I missed out. Luckily I was recently able to buy the last one produced. Better than I had wished for the winding ritual is an addictive pleasure.

Kobold 323 - A very rare bird indeed and the first watch produced by Michael Kobold with help from his mentor Helmut Sinn. Basically a Sinn 156 with Kobold dial. Stupidly sold this on the forum but was lucky enough to buy back at the original selling price. I really can't put a price on this.

Sinn 757 Diapal - a recent arrival and absolutely stunning. Built like a tank and a joy to look at anytime of the day with the light dancing on it's dial. Sinn at its best and the perfect travel companion.

Garmin Fenix 5X - We all need a bit of tech in the collection. Perfect when dog walking, down the gym, out on the bike or on holiday. Does everything it says on the tin and more.

Quite a far departure from collections of past, but far happier with what I have and enjoy each and every watch in the collection. It's renewed my passion and as such will probably add more of the brand that started it all for me.......

Sinn

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app