closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bertie the Chinese Crested

Master

Bertie the Chinese Crested

Hi all.... just thought I’d try and make myself smile after losing little Bertie this morning.

We got him 8 years ago from a terrible place in Northampton, he was unwanted, and unloved, but that was all about to change forever

He fitted in with our other dogs like he’d known them for ever, playful and as fit as a fiddle, we’d never had a dog with so much energy... he’s very bright, and loyal.

He’d only ever been to the vets twice in his life, once to be neutered, and once when he poked himself in the eye whilst chasing something into a bush.

Last Monday he started with a cough, the vet thought it was a throat infection and put him on antibiotics, by Wednesday he was much worse, so he went into the vets yesterday for some tests... the results weren’t good, he was going into congestive heart failure.
    We brought him home to have one last night with him, before taking him back this morning to be put to sleep...

He didn’t make it, at 8am he was lying across my arms, and took his last breath.. he wasn’t in pain, but his heart just gave up.

The wife and I are bewildered that such a fit and healthy young dog could go downhill so fast...

We’re consoling ourselves that he had a great 8 years, full of activity and play...

I’ve added a little montage of Bertie at play, the last bit of the video was just 2 weeks ago, in the sunshine...

So sorry to hear this, mate. They bring so much joy but the pain when they leave you...

RIP Bertie

PS Great vid!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    So sorry to hear this, mate. They bring so much joy but the pain when they leave you...

RIP Bertie

PS Great vid!
    Cheers.... Just to clarify the dog on the screen shot is Sid, the white dog is Stan, and Bertie is the nutter with the ball..

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Oh Enoch. I am so SO sorry x

Saddest of news pal - my heart goes out to you both.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

So sad but take comfort that the wee guy had a good life with you and was loved to the last second of his all too short life.

Really sorry to hear of this, so very sad, like you say though, 8 great years and a better life than he would have had without you.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Very sorry to hear this mate, the little guy enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed his, and will be forever in your thoughts.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Thanks all.....

It gets worse.....been out this afternoon, shifting 2 tons of stone with a mate... take my mind off things.

Come home to find the wife in tears, her mum had just been on the phone to tell her that her little King Charles Spaniel had just been put to sleep...
    She was an older dog and had health issues for some time.. Mum is 80 and on her own so she’ll be in a bit of a state..

Craftsman
    My Dad used to breed Chinese Crested back in the 70's when they first started to get popular

I feel for you they give us so much and leave such a big hole when they go

Blog Entries
    this brought a tear to my eyes, he spent his last moments with you, you should feel good that he did, rip little one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    this brought a tear to my eyes, he spent his last moments with you, you should feel good that he did, rip little one.
    It did help that I was with him to the end, and he wasn’t in a clinical room at the vets... Never had anything like this happen with our previous dogs, I just feel a bit numb.
    The other 2 dogs are wandering around like lost souls, so we’re trying to act as if nothing’s happened.... it ain’t easy, but it’ll get easier..

Blog Entries
    Nice to see him enjoying himself with his ball! I knew he had a wonderful life with you. The heartbreak we have when we lose them is the price we have to pay for their company and friendship.

ook

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear this - he left you with some wonderful memories.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear your news. I hope you take heart in the life he led and the joy he gave you. I hope your mum-in-law is ok too.

All the very best

Jon