closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you love cars.......

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    If you want to see some horrors, look here: http://www.1000sel.com/index.php
    Thanks for posting that.

I remember a lot of those tuners featured in Performance Car magazine.

There was a Strosek 911 I think which was lovely but it isn't featured on the site.

The Gemballa 911s were quite hideous though!

Stefan Roser
    There's a guy who can drive!
    I don't imagine a RUF Yellowbird to be the most forgiving thing on 4 wheels....
    All the better for it,mind

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    (Referring to the Yellowbird) - Fastest production car ever before the McLaren F1. Top speed measured in 1988 was 213mph.
    The F1 is still the fastest NA powered car, even after all these years. I very much doubt that it'll be superseded, only forced induction has gone faster.

I really, really want that Aston, having said that the YB is one of the most iconic "tuner" cars ever produced. Hmmm....

Craftsman
    That Aston is fantastic.. they are still very very instigating Machines..

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    Clicked through to this video of the RUF at the Nurburgring and I think at this point I would pass out from fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMC...=youtu.be&t=50
    Watched it again.

Is that normal driving to pilot that car i.e. is it necessary for a fast time? I'm genuinely in awe as he is invoking all three types of oversteer - roll, lift-off and power. At speeds of 150mph plus. I mean, there's bravery and there's... well, I'm not sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Watched it again.

Is that normal driving to pilot that car i.e. is it necessary for a fast time? I'm genuinely in awe as he is invoking all three types of oversteer - roll, lift-off and power. At speeds of 150mph plus. I mean, there's bravery and there's... well, I'm not sure.
    I think it’s necessary because back then Porsche 911’s had awful dynamics.

Exact same age, for me the following all pressed my buttons:-

Lamborghini Countach
    Ferrari 288 GTO
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    DeTomaso Pantera
    Lotus Esprit Turbo
    TVR 420 SEAC

And a great many other 80’s cars were sublime too; especially the Lancia Delta Integrale - just wow.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    Clicked through to this video of the RUF at the Nurburgring and I think at this point I would pass out from fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMC...=youtu.be&t=50
    When Porsches were like motorbikes on 4 wheels

The only ´supercar´ that rocked my boat till recently (see below) was the Miura.
    Still, even that I never liked as much as an AC Aceca.

Never warmed to Ferrari and the FF was/is a positive exception. The only supercar I would like to own. Mind you, with a sports car next to it ;-)

Thanks OP!
    Enjoyed the time warp.

Over the past decade I have almost entirely lost interest in "supercars" or "hypercars".

Not only are there too many of them to be truly special anymore, but they all look similar and are all capable of such extreme performance as to be absolutely irrelevant to any road use or driver with less ability than a professional racer.

And on top of that, pretty much any of them are trounced by a four door family saloon or SUV Tesla when it comes to acceleration.

I have found myself more and more drawn to classics, and more recently American classics and hotrods. I love the creativity of them, and the aesthetics - just look at the interior of a 60's Cadillac, or the stunning bodywork of a hand-built custom car.

Take a look at this, the Moal Aerosport and then tell me you would rather have a common or garden MacLaren:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mo...Q9BfQQ_AUIDigB
    So clever my foot fell off.

To me the Aerosport looks like a Morgan on steroids, and not in a good way! Impressive engineering but not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    To me the Aerosport looks like a Morgan on steroids, and not in a good way! Impressive engineering but not my cup of tea.
    Fair enough, but I doubt anyone could say it was much of nothing...

I have become a little bit addicted to Fast n' Loud, and Misfit Garage and other similar programmes.

So much so, I am seriously considering something American one day - just wish they were right hand drive...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    So much so, I am seriously considering something American one day - just wish they were right hand drive...
    Get yourself a Shelby Daytona coupé and move over here; we don´t only drive on the right side, we even have the right roads and right weather for driving fun. Oh ánd it stays EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Get yourself a Shelby Daytona coupé and move over here; we don´t only drive on the right side, we even have the right roads and right weather for driving fun. Oh ánd it stays EU.

The Daytona Coupe may be just a tad out of my price range! However the rest of what you say is becoming increasingly appealing.

Unfortunately I suspect the rest of the EU countries won't be as generous in their letting Brits come in and enjoy their hospitality and climate in the months and years to come...

Unfortunately I suspect the rest of the EU countries won't be as generous in their letting Brits come in and enjoy their hospitality and climate in the months and years to come...
    I fear that ship will be sailing soon.

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Honestly? I don’t think you should worry: if it is your choice at some point, although it will involve more paperwork than it does now, you shouldn’t have a problem. Except maybe from your pension and how it’s indexed.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Daytona Coupe may be just a tad out of my price range! However the rest of what you say is becoming increasingly appealing.

Well, there is the MR2 ;-)
    No, seriously, there is an ample choice of suitable cars to enjoy in the drivers paradise over here.
    Last Saturday I drove the support van for the cycling club. From Armilla, Granada over secundairy roads, even caminos, through the interior to Vva. del Trabuco. It was like a vacation trip so joyful the driving even in a clapped out ff layout van with dodgy steering pump.

It also REALLY offers just about all to take the wife along even; beaches, cultural stuff, shopping, skiing, whatever is all over at a stones throw and cheaper than chips in the UK as well.

As to immigrating there will be no issue from this side. No xenophobia here; ´we´ did not vote the UK out remember. You are welcome here!!
    As SJ observes it will involve a bit more paperwork as the EU27 decides who to let in or not from third countries by the rules the UK helped draw up.
    All other potential problems like with banking and pensions will all sprout UK side.
    As to languages there should be no issue either; all EU27 nationals are able to learn eachothers languages within months ánd speak english; just a matter of wanting to.

So for a start do come out here for a long weekend, rent something that pushes your buttons and enjoy!!
    Not sure you can rent a Toyota GT86 but that would be a great starter. A Porsche Cayman is a bit much for a first outing. You get the idea.

A3VT!! (dare to enjoy)
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 19th November 2018 at 11:53.

Blog Entries
    ''As to immigrating there will be no issue from this side. No xenophobia here;''

Get a grip, much more to it than that - that's it !

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Get a grip, much more to it than that - that's it !
    Ok, buy Yokohama Advan AD08r then; plenty of grip.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

However the rest of what you say is becoming increasingly appealing.
    I have started to organise my x-mas/end of year agenda. Booked two events.
    An x-mas lunch at a veryvéry good and original tiny restaurant in the beautifull location of Iznajar Castle; 25€ p.p. for a mouthwatering menu.
    Also the end of year party at a large posh villa in Granada at 50€ per couple; free guarded parking.
    A nice drive to both.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    I have started to organise my x-mas/end of year agenda. Booked two events.
    An x-mas lunch at a veryvéry good and original tiny restaurant in the beautifull location of Iznajar Castle; 25€ p.p. for a mouthwatering menu.
    Also the end of year party at a large posh villa in Granada at 50€ per couple; free guarded parking.
    A nice drive to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we’d make meat helmets.

When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds – pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe.

At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. At the age of 18, I went off to evil medical school. At the age of 25, I took up tap dancing. I wanted to be a quadruple threat — an actor, dancer…

Banned
    Blog Entries

If you love cars

and actually dríving them there is a drivers paradise, and affordable too:

or

A3VT or not.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 20th November 2018 at 13:48.