closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Translation/clarification required...

Translation/clarification required...

Last week I emailed Damasko ref their DSub2 model asking them a question about the case "edge hardening" that they reference on their website - basically, what is it and is it comparable to Sinn's tegiment process? Their reply is below.

"In surface hardening, the chemical composition of the surface layer is not changed. This means that only the near-surface layer is hardened.

Since the case of the Dsub2 is made of submarine steel you cannot fully hardened it. Submarine steel is considered non-hardenable steel.

This steel is characterized by its high strength and corrosion resistance.

Submarine steel is not magnetizable due to its high alloy content.

The expressions „Tegimenting“ denotes protection by surface hardening.”Tegimenting” is not a hardening process but only a protected name of the company SINN for this surface protection."

I'm interpreting this as it does have some form of surface hardening though their response about Sinn has confused me. Are they just confirming that tegimented steel is only surface hardened and not fully as per Damasko's ice-hardened cases?

I appreciate something may have been lost in translation however am I being a bit dim?

Craftsman
    I believe Damasko used to make cases for Sinn.

Master
    https://www.materials.sandvik/en/pro...deep-freezing/

Apply the same to watch cases, F1 engine components, etc, etc.