closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: "Mission Christmas" and a donation to the fundraiser.£200 raised thank you

"Mission Christmas" and a donation to the fundraiser.£200 raised thank you

Hello.

I asked Eddie this afternoon for me to put this on the forum and he has granted permission for the following post.

I work for a fairly large organisation that puts a lot of effort into awareness and fundraising for Leukemia and lymphoma.In fact it was reported in July 2016 that we had raised just short of £5M through various colleague activities and donations from customers.

At this time of year we switch some of our attention to "Mission Christmas" where customers are asked to donate toys for Children this year.These toys are then distributed to children who may never receive anything at Christmas time. It is reported that in the Andover area 1 in 4 children are classed as children in poverty.

What I have asked Eddie is that I ask for a donation to this fund through me here on the forum and I then pass this money on so that a team of people can go out and buy some toys for this great cause. The best news is that I have been advised that all money collected will be doubled and that will be passed directly into the TZ fundraiser.

I haven't committed myself and the forum for thousands of pounds but have pledged that we could raise £100 between us all.That would mean the fundraiser would also gain £100.

£100 does not sound much but to give you an example this was purchased by a member of staff just today for just £1.50

and this for £3.00

There are five of us working on similar projects across the United Kingdom.There are no prizes or financial rewards for the highest amount donated,All we are trying to do is achieve a minimum of £100 each that would mean £500 going to other chosen charities.With my preference being TZ.

All I ask is a quick PM and a contribution amount of £5. I will keep the thread alive with updates of monies raised and from which member.

Thanks to Eddie for allowing this to happen.£100 will make all the difference for children at this time of year.

Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by itsgotournameonit; 15th December 2017 at 22:26.

Thank you for your kind donations.We are now at £45 with a few days still to go before the gifts for the children can be collected.

Thanks to Ralphy and Skier for their generousity.

Please keep it coming.

Any update on this?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I conversed with Tony about this yesterday and apparently still well short of the target £100, if anyone was looking to contribute still.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I conversed with Tony about this yesterday and apparently still well short of the target £100, if anyone was looking to contribute still.
    Well that's a surprise because he was more than half way there at the weekend.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Well that's a surprise because he was more than half way there at the weekend.

Eddie
    Appolages Tony and Eddie, at home with man flue and completely misremembered Tony’s note from yesterday, it was "Response has been slow but we will hit the £100"

I have good news.

I have received 2 more contributions within the last hour and we have hit £145.00 !!

This is what it was all about.

Thanks everyone that contributed.I will be paying £200 into the fundraiser.And thats not all of it.Pictures were taken by me on Wednesday and the team were still working on it when I left.
    Last edited by itsgotournameonit; 15th December 2017 at 22:33.

Master
    Is it too late to chip in? Is £ 5 the max that is allowed?
    Well done!