closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Well, only a few days to go! The trailers look good and I’ve enjoyed the last two movies so I’m looking forward to it.

My lad and I are watching a SW double-bill on Wednesday night, at our local Odeon. The Force Awakens at 9pm followed by a short break and the new movie at 12:01am!

Anybody else going to watch it?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I HATE THE CINEMA!!!!!, but as wifey is a SW fan I have booked tickets for Thursday, and will suffer the Hoi polloi.

mike

Grand Master
    To be honest, when you watch the last one again it was a bit boring and the usual moody type star wars film, i couldn't even remember much of it until rewatching it recently on netflix, which is never a good sign.

I've read that the producers have made it public they want the Thor Ragnarok director for the next SW's movie. That would be great to lighten things up a bit. Will watch the new one but not in a hurry to.

Hyped up garbage IMO.

I haven't seen the original yet. Which one is considered best by the Star Wars nerds? Perhaps I'll give it a try on Netflix.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I haven't seen the original yet. Which one is considered best by the Star Wars nerds? Perhaps I'll give it a try on Netflix.
    As in the one from 1977?

^ If that's when it was released.

Master
    Tickets booked for Thursday, can't wait!

Sent from my SM-J330FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    I'll wait this time: heading for Orlando during the Xmas holiday. We've booked tickets for one of the Disney theatres.

Menno

Empire strikes back is my favourite but thats probably due to my age when it was released.

I’m quite a Star Wars fan - probably due to my age when the first film came out - and always look forward to the new films, but thought the force awakens was very disappointing. I’ve set my expectations pretty low but it should be fun, I enjoy a bit of escapism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    From today's Independent: What is the correct order to watch the Star Wars movies?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8101111.html

(I like Empire the best as well. In truth, its generally accepted as the best of the bunch.)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm3 View Post
    From today's Independent: What is the correct order to watch the Star Wars movies?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8101111.html

(I like Empire the best as well. In truth, its generally accepted as the best of the bunch.)
    I think:

• Ep1, fast forward to Podracer scene & Jedi vs Darth Maul scene
    • EpII, fast forward to Slave 1 dropping seismic charges, to Jedi Arena Battle & Yoda vs Dooku
    • EpIII, watch beginning space battle then fast forward to Obi-Wan vs Anakin into Anakin becomes Vader
    • Rogue One
    • EpIV-despecialized edition
    • EpV-despecialized ediiton
    • EpVI-despecialized edition
    • EpVII-fast forward through giant tentacle monsters bit probably
    • Into EpVIII at the cinema

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    I think:

• Ep1, fast forward to Podracer scene & Jedi vs Darth Maul scene
    • EpII, fast forward to Slave 1 dropping seismic charges, to Jedi Arena Battle & Yoda vs Dooku
    • EpIII, watch beginning space battle then fast forward to Obi-Wan vs Anakin into Anakin becomes Vader
    • Rogue One
    • EpIV-despecialized edition
    • EpV-despecialized ediiton
    • EpVI-despecialized edition
    • EpVII-fast forward through giant tentacle monsters bit probably
    • Into EpVIII at the cinema
    Lol

Craftsman
    Re-watched them all fairly recently in the Machete Order.

Afro~Wars!

Tickets for imax available now in SC...

Master
    Who knew Leo Sayer could paint?

Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    Empire strikes back is my favourite but thats probably due to my age when it was released.
    Same here, I even have the original pop-up book from 1980...
    Episode 4 will always have that special place as the first of them all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post

Afro~Wars!

What the...! Style was different then...
    Why is he painting with a decorators brush? ;)

I have friend who was at the LA premiere - they're all under a v. strict NDA (so no plot details) but he did say it's very, very good much better than Force Awakens. Only downside was he felt it dragged in a few spots. Going on Thursday, cannot wait.

Master
    Tickets booked for Thursday, cannot wait. As with any star wars super fan, even if it is crap I will still get enjoyment out of it.

Grand Master
    I must be the only person on the planet who’s never watched a Starwars film! It just went over my head originally. Maybe I need to put them on my to ‘do list’

Paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I must be the only person on the planet who’s never watched a Starwars film! It just went over my head originally. Maybe I need to put them on my to ‘do list’

Paul
    You’re missing a treat my friend!

My son and myself were all ready to go but his shift changed and a 9am start was too much for him, oh well

Banned
    Blog Entries
    We're going on Saturday during the day... our cinema has over 100 showings this weekend - I can't see that many people in Peterborough being bothered TBH.

Just booked for Thursday evening - IMAX (which sadly also means 3D at my cinema) for £17.90!

Can't wait though - in fact am going solo as none of my usual Star Wars friends / geeks can make it till early next week. Guess I'll go again like I did with the last two...

Master
    Seeing it on my birthday on Tuesday next week with the missus. Our local cinema is excellent. 2 seater sofas and single arm chairs so it's a proper slouch fest, not like the big mainstream showhouses. Definitely looking forward to it

Master
    Off on Tuesday! I hear that Jar Jar Binks is in it.. trying not to let that cloud my judgement of it before I even see it.

We're going Saturday.

Only seen 1 review (in the Telegraph) and they gave it 5 Stars
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    Just booked for Thursday evening - IMAX (which sadly also means 3D at my cinema) for £17.90!

Can't wait though - in fact am going SOLO as none of my usual Star Wars friends / geeks can make it till early next week. Guess I'll go again like I did with the last two...
    I see what you did there!

Just about to leave the house for our 9pm “force awakens”

Damn it, we are going on Xmas eve, was booked on sat but taking the kids on a Santa train

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    £23.40 down here for 2D two tickets!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Paul
    No your not Paul! Never watched any of it... what's it about anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    No your not Paul! Never watched any of it... what's it about anyway?
    Theres this family and the dad is good but then he's bad but his son is good and a few things get blown up
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Booked 2 IMAX 3D tickets for 5pm Thurs a couple of months ago, eldest son was v keen to see if before something gets spoiled.

Blog Entries
    9 mins to go!

Just watched “force awakens” and enjoyed it even more, knowing what’s coming next!

Blog Entries
    Wow!

Didn’t disappoint!!!

Tickets booked for Tuesday afternoon and caught up with the force awakens to refresh my memory

Master
    Just got back, brilliant! And no jar jar binks either 😁

Sent from my SM-J330FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I was really disappointed. Lots of childish exposition and didn't really seem to advance the storyline much.

Much preferred Force Awakens, and Rogue One was the best of the bunch.

Master
    Saw it as a double bill last night. Really enjoyed the new movie having just seen the previous. Storylines gelled well together felt like one long movie. It helps that Daisy Riley is stunning...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, watched it last night,, was it SUPPOSED to be a comedy, hammy acting and silly jokey bits. I don't think it progressed the story on very much.

mike

On the whole I think I enjoyed it. Although, not as instant as the last two new films for me.
    Lots to enjoy, some interesting plot points, some cool large scale battles and action sequences. But there were some parts that just felt a bit 'really?!?' for me. I know that's fairly nonsensical in a complete fantasy environment - but there were several stretches of what was possible compared to the rest of the series.
    Think I need to watch it again mind...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    On the whole I think I enjoyed it. Although, not as instant as the last two new films for me.
    Lots to enjoy, some interesting plot points, some cool large scale battles and action sequences. But there were some parts that just felt a bit 'really?!?' for me. I know that's fairly nonsensical in a complete fantasy environment - but there were several stretches of what was possible compared to the rest of the series.
    Think I need to watch it again mind...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Sums it up pretty well for me.

Blog Entries
    I went yesterday and have been a fan since I was a kid. I loved the last 2, Rouge One being a highlight. However this one I'm not so sure. To long ... Acting not that great.. tries to hard to be funny and not one laugh in the cinema. Overall a bit disappointing and I hate to say that. Perhaps I expected to much but it was all a bit forced and trying to hard.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    I went yesterday and have been a fan since I was a kid. I loved the last 2, Rouge One being a highlight. However this one I'm not so sure. To long ... Acting not that great.. tries to hard to be funny and not one laugh in the cinema. Overall a bit disappointing and I hate to say that. Perhaps I expected to much but it was all a bit forced and trying to hard.
    Tough audience in your cinema then, lots of laughs where I was (possibly too many for me - another of the niggling doubts I have).

On balance I enjoyed it. I was a long film though. After talking about the film for about 15 minutes last night I realised I'd forgotten a whole half hour or so sub-plot had existed...

Loved it

7/10. Lots of potential but too long, some sections really, really dragged while others felt rushed. I'm still not sure I really care for Poe of Finn when they are away from each other bounding around the galaxy. Moved the story along but character development suffered.

Some parts the cheese was too high, the constant need to intersect 'serious' bits with comedic asides grated. Could have done away with entire species and interactions and it wouldn't have suffered.

BUT

Adam Driver held the film together IMO. Daisy Ridley was a lot better. Design is still stunning, love the new Walkers, sound design on the money.

Also, the Porgs introduction made sense and they weren't annoying. That did surprise me.