Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World gone mad - 116610 LV Sub

Master

World gone mad - 116610 LV Sub

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/S...40/item/102182

Nearly 9k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Big mark ups on the LV seem to be the norm.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Pah, its not even got the stickers on.

Master
    They are buying these for £7200/7300, I know its what they offered me for mine (asked out of interest). I want to know if it sells or if the price comes down. I think they chance it for the first few days - did it recently with a Sky dweller - that soon shot down in price.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    They are buying these for £7200/7300, I know its what they offered me for mine (asked out of interest). I want to know if it sells or if the price comes down. I think they chance it for the first few days - did it recently with a Sky dweller - that soon shot down in price.

Which is substantially more than Blowers. They offered me £250 over retail.

Its no different to several other 'in demand' watches on WF, before the latest LVc's were added there were none advertised on WF for a while

America has seen a shortage of LV's this last few months to the point where it is rumoured to be discontinued

People must be paying it I suppose

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Its no different to several other 'in demand' watches on WF, before the latest LVc's were added there were none advertised on WF for a while

America has seen a shortage of LV's this last few months to the point where it is rumoured to be discontinued

If it’s gone tomorrow we know.

Master
    And now Tudor/Harrods do a much better looking version. Will that affect LV residuals?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    And now Tudor/Harrods do a much better looking version. Will that affect LV residuals?
    Probably not but it shows you what a a perfect colourway this is and more so in iconic green which is very Rolex and very British.

Instagram @blowersmayfair
    RIAC

Even if you think it is better looking, why would it?

Master
    We are now into personal taste. I started a thread about how good I believe, value for money wise and looks, the ETA Tudor BBB is. I personally don’t think the Tudor Harrods comes anywhere close to the 116610LV.

That’s why we are all different and let’s hope that continues.

Master

That’s you Craig?

That’s you Craig?

Yes mate :)

Master
    Yes mate :)
    Easy tiger!!! Hope you are well fella. Given our recent chat you think the LV will continue to rise in value?
    Fred

Easy tiger!!! Hope you are well fella. Given our recent chat you think the LV will continue to rise in value?
    Fred

Very well thanks mate

just my opinion but whatever is slowing supply in other parts if the world is fuelling the price rise over here, as soon as they start filtering through again it will stabilise

It is weird that over in the US it is harder to get than the Deep blue and SD50 at the moment, over here they are still being supplied as before, they are just not used to restricted supply over there (apart from the DaytonaC obviously)

Who knows, seems to me like a bubble waiting to burst, beautiful watch though

Craftsman
    Surely there can’t be much rise left beyond that! If it keeps going up at the current rate it’ll be breaking the £10k barrier by middle of next year....

Master
    You could be into something there mate. As I say interesting to see if it sells sharpish. That way we can ‘assume’, give or take £100, it’s gone for that sort of money- obvious caveats being PX etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossmore10 View Post
    Surely there can’t be much rise left beyond that! If it keeps going up at the current rate it’ll be breaking the £10k barrier by middle of next year....

It’s like when people say ‘there is one on eBay for ‘ but is anyone bidding on them?Maybe it’s a try it on before Xmas trick, the anti-sale, to see if it goes.

We shall see.

Master
    Is it just a passing fad? Personally not a fan of the double green but can understand it’s unique look and therefore draw. There just seems to be some hype around this colour combo.

Do you check Watchfinder prices of the LVc every day before deciding to finally sell it ? Or are you hoping that some day you’ll look and it will be at £5k and you’ll suddenly whip the stickers off it and start wearing it as it was meant to be?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Do you check Watchfinder prices of the LVc every day before deciding to finally sell it ? Or are you hoping that some day you’ll look and it will be at £5k and you’ll suddenly whip the stickers off it and start wearing it as it was meant to be?
    Haha. I have to admit I really don’t understand it when folks buy anything (watches included) and are too scared to wear them. If you are precious about it just send it to get referbed (roughly £70) every year or 2 and it will come back pristine. That is one of the things I love about watches.

Master
    They are for wearing and enjoying, although I would be lying if I didn’t say it that the polished centre on my 116710BLNR bracelet doesn’t annoy me. Now how do I fix that?

Craftsman
    I have been offered £600 over list for mine but it’s going no where. Reading other forums for watches there are many people saying it will be discontinued.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They are for wearing and enjoying, although I would be lying if I didn’t say it that the polished centre on my 116710BLNR bracelet doesn’t annoy me. Now how do I fix that?

Think I am collecting my BLNR this Friday and expect the same issue. Will see.

If I don't decide it's a keeper Is a trade of a BLNR for a Hulk fair for both parties?

The one at £8950 sold and one up for £9250 now!

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/S...40/item/103419

Anyone that wants to offer 9k for mine let me know ;)
    Last edited by Montybaber; 5th December 2017 at 17:22.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Probably not but it shows you what a a perfect colourway this is and more so in iconic green which is very Rolex and very British.

Instagram @blowersmayfair
    Disagree! Green looks OK on certain cars and Kermit the Frog.........but not on a watch. Amazes me that people buy them, I wonder how many get bored with the colour after a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Disagree! Green looks OK on certain cars and Kermit the Frog.........but not on a watch. Amazes me that people buy them, I wonder how many get bored with the colour after a few months.
    Each to their own, I cant understand the attraction of many watches but the world would be very boring if we all wore vintage Omegas

Blog Entries
    Hi sorry to butt in but how long does it take Watchfinder to get back to you with a price normally?

Watchfinder are advertising on TV I noticed the other day, they've got to pay for that marketing somehow.

Blog Entries
    Another mad price - £11,000+ for an SD4K. Special price. It sure is!

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/rolex...er-116600.html

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Hi sorry to butt in but how long does it take Watchfinder to get back to you with a price normally?
    Usually 1-2d max

Master
    The one at £8950 sold and one up for £9250 now!

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/S...40/item/103419

Anyone that wants to offer 9k for mine let me know ;)
    You wouldn’t sell it!

Master
    Each to their own, I cant understand the attraction of many watches but the world would be very boring if we all wore vintage Omegas
    What he said. I also think you have to try them for a while to really make up your mind.

Have you taken the stickers off Fred ?

On a similar theme, I was just on e-bay and typed in 16520. Everything is over £20k and upwards to £25k - surely not, I bought and sold mine this time last year for £9k. Has the world gone mad or did I jump off the gravy train just as it was pulling out of the station.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    On a similar theme, I was just on e-bay and typed in 16520. Everything is over £20k and upwards to £25k - surely not, I bought and sold mine this time last year for £9k. Has the world gone mad or did I jump off the gravy train just as it was pulling out of the station.
    Think I sold my last Daytona for £6500 or something. Pretty grim.

As Mick pointed out, these do seem to be doing much better than stocks.

I think you have done ok since Ken ;)

I think you have done ok since Ken ;)
    As they say on Bargain Hunt Craig, it wiped its face. Suffered a few blows this year and the odd victory. Annoyingly it's almost impossible to track the prices of 5512s as hardly any appear for sale. Chrono24 have the most listed, but it is a real dogs dinner of a few stunning 60s gilt dials that are usually POA and some later watches with nearly everything replaced.

You did well getting in with the Hulk.

As they say on Bargain Hunt Craig, it wiped its face. Suffered a few blows this year and the odd victory. Annoyingly it's almost impossible to track the prices of 5512s as hardly any appear for sale. Chrono24 have the most listed, but it is a real dogs dinner of a few stunning 60s gilt dials that are usually POA and some later watches with nearly everything replaced.

You did well getting in with the Hulk.
    The way I see it the Hulks prices will most likely plummet when supply increass but that will never be the case with your 5512

The thing I am most happy about is that I am completely happy to keep it/wear the arse out of it even with values being so stupid

btw and unrelated I am constantly trawling the net looking for a radio room for sale (to let you know)

btw and unrelated I am constantly trawling the net looking for a radio room for sale (to let you know)
    Thank you very much for this Craig, I seem to have a whole team of TZ'ers on the case. However, stop press - something totally unexpected has happened. I will leave it there for now, but received one hell of a PM last night!!!

Update to follow...

Thank you very much for this Craig, I seem to have a whole team of TZ'ers on the case. However, stop press - something totally unexpected has happened. I will leave it there for now, but received one hell of a PM last night!!!

Update to follow...
    Ooooh excited

Master
    Have you taken the stickers off Fred ?
    Ally, only the back is still on. Some of the deployment stickers are on my new Tudor and the same for my Zenith. Both 100% keepers*

*who knows the future will bring

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by td1596 View Post
    Usually 1-2d max
    Thank you. Appreciated.

Master
    Yes, the world is crazy. Crappy watch only examples start at $15,000 while anything worth owning is more like $25,000. The really nice ones are almost double that.

And no end of peanuts willing to pay it

Think I sold my last Daytona for £6500 or something. Pretty grim.

As Mick pointed out, these do seem to be doing much better than stocks.
    I’m in the same boat! Sold my stickered 116520 for 6900! And I feel even sicker when I think of what I sold my 1675 for 😔.....who was to know prices would go this crazy.

Master
    Nothing lasts; and that certainly includes this silliness. I would never, never, allow myself to think this will continue. The trick is in guessing when it's all over. And nobody really knows.....could be next month, could be years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Nothing lasts; and that certainly includes this silliness. I would never, never, allow myself to think this will continue. The trick is in guessing when it's all over. And nobody really knows.....could be next month, could be years.
    i don't think it will. I was irritated when the Kermit came out at £3250 and Subs were over £3k new! Now the price keeps creeping up but it's 'only' £6600 retail if you are prepared to wait and how long is the wait?

Master
    I must have missed something over the past year or 2; when did Rolex pricing start going crazy? Are they limiting their watches or is demand genuinely outstripping supply?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    I must have missed something over the past year or 2; when did Rolex pricing start going crazy? Are they limiting their watches or is demand genuinely outstripping supply?
    It starts with the ADs, if they cannot get a watch and start waiting lists word soon spreads to the greys and second hand dealers. They include this detail as part of their sales listing and people are then faced with a straight choice, buy now at a premium or wait on the list knowing that the lists are not true and fair as ADs will pick and choose who to sell to - and it's usually not us.

If a listed watch at a premium sells within a few days then logically the price of the next one increases and so on until people stop buying. Daytona world has gone crazy and prices just keep going up and up, but some models like the new SD43 have stabilised and started to fall. We don't get to see the speed of sales by dealers, but their changing of prices is a fair indication of what sells and what does not.

Who is to blame - clearly the buyers. If the world refused to pay a penny over RRP the dealers would have to reduce their prices.