closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Deals

Banned

Deals

Chrnonext email offering Tudor black bay blue with blue leather strap is this a good deal? Seems cheap. This or the seamaster smp300 blue at £2340.

Banned
    £1950 the black bay

Craftsman
    Goldsmiths Reading have two blue bezel black bay on leather (ETA) for £2120.

Master
    Goldsmith's in Derby Intu also has one at £2120 with 0% finance over 24 months available

Craftsman
    ETA or In-house?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    ETA or In-house?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    ETA

I like the black bay, I have 2, but I’d a,ways go SMPc between those choices. For disclosure I have a large number of SMP’s, so a little owner bias may be in place.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Have a shop around you can get the BBB ETA much cheaper than £2120. Call them up and play them off each other, it’s old stock now so they will want to sell them off. Are people wanting bracelets or leather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all look good on bracelets, but the red looks exceptional on the Tudor leather.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    Have a shop around you can get the BBB ETA much cheaper than £2120. Call them up and play them off each other, it’s old stock now so they will want to sell them off. Are people wanting bracelets or leather?

I only saw it as was in the Centre with my Missus. She was in Boots so I was window shopping.

I’d have been more interested if it was on the Bracelet. Then I may have been in negotiating mood :)

Craftsman
    They've got the in-house Black Bay Blue on leather for £2020, less £50 for payment by card means it's available for £1970, which is a fantastic price for the in-house calibre, even if it is on leather.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jalebi View Post
    They've got the in-house Black Bay Blue on leather for £2020, less £50 for payment by card means it's available for £1970, which is a fantastic price for the in-house calibre, even if it is on leather.
    The ETA seems to be getting more air time, and seems to be more expensive. Just my take on it.

Craftsman
    The ETA seems to be getting more air time, and seems to be more expensive. Just my take on it.

Sorry mate, could you explain what you mean? I don't quite understand

Master
    Sorry mate, could you explain what you mean? I don't quite understand
    In terms of cost, at this early stage the ETA seems to be commanding more money on WF and such places. Reading this forum people talk about the ETA as the favoured of the two options.

Just my opinion and if you have a different one fine. I may have it wrong as I haven’t owned the in-house.

Fred

Craftsman
    In terms of cost, at this early stage the ETA seems to be commanding more money on WF and such places. Reading this forum people talk about the ETA as the favoured of the two options.

Just my opinion and if you have a different one fine. I may have it wrong as I haven’t owned the in-house.

Fred

Ah okay, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining.

That does strike me as odd that WF are paying more for the ETA, but I suppose that one now has a finite production run, while the in-house could be made for years.

I've heard the in-house one is more accurate (doesn't matter all that much) and that 70 hour power reserve is useful. On the other hand, the ETA is much cheaper to service in years to come. I'd probably plump for an in-house if buying new, and an ETA if buying used.

Master
    Ah okay, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining.

That does strike me as odd that WF are paying more for the ETA, but I suppose that one now has a finite production run, while the in-house could be made for years.

I've heard the in-house one is more accurate (doesn't matter all that much) and that 70 hour power reserve is useful. On the other hand, the ETA is much cheaper to service in years to come. I'd probably plump for an in-house if buying new, and an ETA if buying used.
    Check out my thread I give the ETA a bit of a write up. They are both great watches. Whatever you choose I am sure you will be happy. Good luck