closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on Patek Philippe

Looks alright
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    I have and wear a 5146J. I have no qualms about wearing it every day. I suggest treating it the way you would a suit or a good pair of brogues, I wouldn’t build a brick wall wearing it but most of my average day I would wear it - I have worn it gardening but keep it tucked under gloves.

This is before it’s recent service - you can see the gold case shows marks but not unpleasant. Which took about 8 weeks in the UK service centre. Seems the US have much longer lead times as seen on other forums. It could depend if they need to manufacture any parts I guess. It is one of the few manufacturers that will service any of their watches indefinitely (Rolex, I think is 30years after end of production).

They are prestige watches with a price that goes with it. But I wouldn’t swap mine for anything.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 29th November 2017 at 00:41.

Master

Here’s my 5167 i wore it hiking, and sometimes I jogged with it on travels as it was better than leaving it in the gym lockers. It’s an amazing watch. Same can be said of the more complicated pateks too. They are finished very well so ofcourse the finish is more sensitive. However mechanically they are sound as anything out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    What's the euro RRP on 5167?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    What's the euro RRP on 5167?
    The UK MRP is about £14K

Craftsman
    Or £14,510 to be precise for the 5167A-001

Craftsman
    The UK MRP for the 5167/1A-001 (Aquanaut on Bracelet) is £16,760.
    According to the Patek web site.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Those ssaying they are not as robust a a Rolex, what are you basing this on? The size and weight of the watch, or some tangible design feature.
    +1.....I think much of this is based on perception and the facts won`t back it up.

If the OP's looking for something less overtly conspicuous why not look at the simpler Rolex designs such as the Oyster 36 or the larger version? If I decided to shed most of my collection and go down to a couple of watches that's one I`d consider, a very discreet watch IMO. Explorer 1 has the same qualities. I'd be tempted to limit the Patek ownership to one and buy something like this too.

Paul

Apprentice

Help-a-newby

Hi all,

I'm new to the fold and would appreciate some advice.

I currently own a Golden Ellipse but am considering selling it/trading it in for another Patek.

I'm neither a fan of the Nautilus nor the Aquanaut, so am toying with the idea of the Calatrava or the GC.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Cheers,
    O.Ak

Craftsman
    Really depends on your budget.

This would be my choice:

This is interesting I bought a 5712 and love it. does feel less robust than a SS sports rolex to me, but the bracelet (again for me) is the most comfortable I have ever owned by a long stretch....better than any Rolex I have had and the AP royal oak in terms of feel. I am considering swapping two Rolexes for another Patek also so will keep an eye on this thread.

5960P could tick the box....? I also feel could be a good buy at current used prices, seems (dare I say it) undervalued (although still big money) at the moment against other used PP's.

Cheers and good luck with it anyway

Joe

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Really depends on your budget.

This would be my choice:

@RajLondon - Nothing came through with that message

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

Here’s my 5167 i wore it hiking, and sometimes I jogged with it on travels as it was better than leaving it in the gym lockers. It’s an amazing watch. Same can be said of the more complicated pateks too. They are finished very well so ofcourse the finish is more sensitive. However mechanically they are sound as anything out there.

That's a beauty. Aquanaut is top of my PP wish list. Just waiting to get on some AD lists as the grey market prices are just ridiculous at the moment.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.O.Ak View Post
    @RajLondon - Nothing came through with that message
    Weird, displays fine for me.

It was the 5146R Annual Calendar, Moon phases in Rose Gold.

https://www.patek.com/en/collection/...ions/5146R-001

Blog Entries
    Well since this post started I have added one from a well known reseller at what now seems a bargain price. I love it’s understated elegance, managed to scratch the buckle but I guess will get sorted out at next service. These make a complete brace as far as I am concerned.

And this added

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyT View Post
    That's a beauty. Aquanaut is top of my PP wish list. Just waiting to get on some AD lists as the grey market prices are just ridiculous at the moment.
    I thought steel PP waiting lists are as stupid as Rolex ones ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    I thought steel PP waiting lists are as stupid as Rolex ones ?
    Yes they are. I found it impossible to get an Aquanaut from an AD. I asked in four countries including Japan, Canada, USA - all 5+ years or not possible.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyT View Post
    I’ll say it here. It’s the best SS Patek currently in production.

That banged up 5712 really made me laugh. I want to be that guy. There's a guy on the Rolex forums with a daily worn platinum daytona with similar marks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    That banged up 5712 really made me laugh. I want to be that guy. There's a guy on the Rolex forums with a daily worn platinum daytona with similar marks.
    +1

Master
    Blog Entries

Despite recently buying a ceramic Daytona for my daily, the 5167 edges it out for wrist time. Its holding up superbly as over the years of wearing watches ive naturally learnt to be cautious without needing to think about it.

When funds permit I really want to swap it out for the 5164 version but wonder if the simplicity is part of the charm (maybe I should change my 5711 to a 5712 instead)

Dammit I know!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post

My daily. I like to get use out of my stuff regardless of cost. If I was worried about retaining value I would never buy it in the first place.

Journeyman
    Interesting thread, nice to hear from actual owners. I've fancied a Calatrava 5296 for some time but never dared to pull the trigger. Bought a couple of sports Rolex instead (SD43 and YM) and a few affordable dress watches. I then realised I almost never wear the dress pieces, so it's probably not a good idea to invest in that Calatrava. As for sports PPs, they're not for me. There, sorted.